main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Events

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jaareth, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    Ok ...since even the crickets seem to have left the forums...i figure id start a thread.

Last weeks meeting we discussed about doing some events for charity. I cant remember all of them..bultarswan has a list, but i know that somethings brought up were a bowling nite for charity, heart walks maybe and so on.

Now im all for these we should do some..get some publicity and so on...but if we plan them...we need attendence. planning an event and then having two people show up would not be a good thing to say the least.

Now we need to showing some support across the forum here.. i know alot of you have school and so on...but even a little support now and then is good. Otherwise...our little club will be no more :( and that would make me sad :(

Last week we had 6 people show total....most of them repeats from the last meeting and thats a good thing...but lets try for a big meeting next time, theres a lot of ya i have never met and id like to! :)

Now if anyone has any thoughts,ideas...or anything to add here ..please...post! the forum has been all but dead since the meeting :( lets liven these forums back up!

Well thats my say....mind you im not upset or anything...i am just showing some concern for something i consider important.

Hugs to all :)

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    We do all need to make our way to the meetings. I hope that we eventually have meetings so big that we must move our meeting location.

3. Kettchs_Girl

Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    If not enough people are showing up then maybe the meeting time needs to be changed. That is the only reason I personally have not been attending. I'm not just saying this because it's my problem alone. I wouldn't be able to come during the week either, but I've observed that many people want to come to the meetings but they have other obligations Saturday night.

I personally think Saturday or Sunday afternoons would be a good time for meetings. Not many things are scheduled at those times, usually they are kept to the evenings.

I don't think anyone is not trying to make their way to the meetings. There are just certain priorities that take precedence over a fan club, no matter how important that club is to you, and those priorities just happen to be conflicting with our scheduled meetings.

4. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    agree - and bultar swan indicates that sunday is not good for her - but earlier saturday perhaps? especially with college football season winding down (go blue!) -

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    As someone who would be driving at least a couple hours to attend, I'd be able to make more meetings on Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening, or Sunday afternoon.

6. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    would anybody be intrested in haveing a costume making party/ get-together?

7. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    i'd be interested in a costuming get together..course mines done..but i can come as an example :p

8. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm already on the second version of my costume (actually third, but this will be my second attempt of sewing). I wish I didn't get the "if I change this and that it will be more accurate" bug. ;)

I'd love to do some sort of costume making thing, depending on time and place (since I'd be driving from Detrot-area). :D

9. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    say lavagrrrl, you know of any 501st/legion get togethers for charity coming up? its been quiet as a mouse here in G.R. :(

10. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Nothing that I know of. There has been talk of doing something with Toys for Tots, but nothing has been nailed down as of yet. :(

There is this event in Livonia, very soon. click me

11. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    so i really could use some help making my belt if anyone has any pictures i could get some ideas, that would be great

12. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I would definitely be interested in doing some sort of costuming get together as I need help! If you would like to start a thread, please feel free. :) It's a very good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.