main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp EVENTS!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Guy's,

This one is easy. lol This post will be for all events. Duhh...8-}

Going forward if anyone knows of a show or event that you would like to let everyone know about it....Post it here and we'll go from there.

Thing like Comic shows, movie openings... anything like that you would like us to do. I know we have free comic book day coming up again soon. In April, I've been working with Ralph on it for the 501st and the group. I'll have some info up for us by the weekend. I know (I hope) everyone wish to help out and set up a table this year. Dress up... what ever we'd like. We are all set.

I will all so have this year show listing soon. We have already been invited to Larry's Comic in April if we wish. I'll also have some info soon on Star Wars weekend this year. I believe I have a place to stay for everyone if anyone thinks they can make the trip. i'll hopefully be marching this year. :) We'll see. So anyhow you'll just need to find a way there. ( Road Trip lol )I'll have more on that as well. So thing like that is what we are looking for. So if you have it.... POST!!

SeeYa,
    TK

2. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Guy's ...

I have our first event. :) if anyone cares to make it. We will be going to see Fan Boy this weekend on Saturday Feb. 28th. It will be showing in Danver MA. at the AMC 20 at the Librety Mall which is about an hour from here. I'll be more than glad to drive. Just meet at my place around 11am - 11:30 am.

The Bus leaves at 12 pm on the dot!! With of with out you. lol The show time is 1:30 pm. The cost is $8.00 I will take care of all tolls and stuff like that.

You can dress up. By all means please do. I will be trooping myself. As all way's I have an extra suit. If anyone would like to be the tuskin just let me know.

So far we are a go with me and Brandon. Hope to see a couple of you other guy make it. Please call or PM me with any ???

SeeYa,
    TK

3. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Can't make it -- company coming from out of town. Have fun!

4. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    ** NEW EVENT ** !! This is post I did up for the 501st. but it covers us as well.

Hey Guys ,

TK here...I hope this message finds everyone well ? So it's that time again ...FCBD!! I'm coming to you all this year to help out our shop once again. I know last year went very well and I believe everyone had a GREAT time! I know I did. So we'd like to did it again this year. BIGGER & BETTER!! Than last year, so here goes....

Here is our official proposal to you, to appear at Free Comic Book Day at Jetpack Comics in Rochester. Please feel free to put in any requests you might have, I mean it ! Anything just let me know and I'll see what we can do to make it a better day for all.

***Rochester NH Free Comic Book Day Street Festival 2009 ***- Saturday May 2nd from 10 am to 5pm (with evening activities following for the 501st.).

This year Jetpack Comics LLC and the city of Rochester (represented by the Main Street Association) are putting on a bigger and better Free Comic Book Day Event. The event will be a street fair, taking place at Jetpack Comics, 20 participating Downtown Rochester businesses, and on Hanson Street (the street being shut down for the duration of the event).

Comic Book guests this year include Marvel Comics top artist, Ed McGuinness, Dynamite Entertainment's Mike Lilly and the entire creative team from Mirage Studios! This year free comic book day is literally the day before the official 25th anniversary of the premiere of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and we've got the man that helped to start it all! Peter Laird and his crew will be headlining our Free Come Book Day event.

The city would be honored to have the 501st and the NH Mandalorians participate again this year and hope we can offer enough enticement to get Jabba, the speeder, the Dewback and dozens of costumed participants to attend. The more the merrier!

The event will be handled like any festival event, with outdoor vendors of all types. We expect to have comic, toy, food and collectible dealers for the event. Vendor space will be sold on a first come basis through Jetpack Comics. (If anyone would like to set up a table and sell thier stuff let me know)

All participating vendors will be required to be giving away some item to help maintain the spirit of Free Comic Book Day. The 501st and the NH Mandalorians are invited to have complimentary space at the event to promote membership, collect donations and sell product. The space can be in conjunction with the prop displays or separate. Multiple locations may increase awareness and donations.

This year we have multiple back up indoor locations. These locations will be used in case of inclement weather and or to house any of the 501st and NH Mandalorian props and displays at their request. In case of poor weather these locations will provide space for the Star Wars groups and props as well as festival vendors. Indoor locations will include the Rochester Opera House (this year we will get the AC turned on) as well as The Elks Hall and or the Knights of Columbus Hall (both located aprx 200 feet from Jetpack Comics. We are also approaching the Congregational Church for indoor back up space (located behind Jetpack Comics).

Part of the promotion for the event will include the encouragement of people to come in costume (people in costume get more swag), hopefully attracting a larger array of Star Wars characters.

The 501st will have first choice of set up locations for their props and displays, regardless of weather.

We are limiting downtown business full participation to the first 20 businesses that agree to be a part of the event.

***Here's some good stuff for US. ***

Along with specific financial requirements to participate, each business will be requred to donate a minimum of a $25 item or gift certificate to the 501st, to be auctioned / raffled off during the day of event. In additional to the potential minimum of $500 worth of local donations Jetpack Comics will also donate a $100 Gift Certificate for auction / raffle. We will also inv

5. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's,

It's that time again... The St. Pat's Parade is coming up. If anyone out there would like to go with me please let me know. You most have a complete Star Wars Custome (perferibly bad guy. lol ) and be able to walk at least 4 miles. I do have an extra Tuskin if anyone would like to try it out.

Just let me know.

PS> It will be cold! Trust me. Year before last it snowed. lol Last year... not so bad in the upper 20's most of the day. lol I'm kinding it was like 35. :)

This post is from the 501st.

Title: St. Patrick's Day Parade

Date: 3/15/09

Broadway Station
    South Boston, MA 02127

Muster Time: TBD

Step Off: 1 PM

Costumes - updated 2/11
    I'm going to be starting a new thread to keep track of who's going in what costume-
    If you are going to the parade, please post in the thread:
    1. NAME
    2. COSTUME

any other discussion will be deleted to make it very easy to count-
    The first post will keep an updated list of everyone going, and what they will be in.
    Please post this information here:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8350&p=136249#p136249

If you will be costuming in a rebel outfit, you MUST log on to the Alderaan base forums as they will be keeping track of the Rebel count.

On the note of keeping warm, EJ highly recommends these:

Foot warmers:
    http://www.rei.com/product/730869

Toe warmers:
    http://www.rei.com/product/405012

Hand warmers:
    http://www.rei.com/product/405046

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Let's hope that this year's event will be drier than last year!

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok John....

Did you realy have to "quote" the whole message. lol. Here's to a drier day as well. [face_praying]

SeeYa,
    TK

8. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Pretty sure we have more company coming the weekend of 3/15. I'll keep ou posted though -- I had a blast at the parade last year....

9. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Too bad my officers uniform isn't complete. I was considering contacting the rebel legion but I have 2 issues. I don't know anyone so Id probably feel a bit out of place. And I haven't walked 4 miles since I got my license. I'd probably have a freaking heart attack. [face_skull]

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Nice Andy... lol

I know couple people over there. They are all great, I'm sure if you just jump on the broads make a post and see whats up. You know ask... you could most likely be able to help out some how?

The parade it's self is only like 3 miles long. But from were we set up... to were we end is a total of about 4+ miles. Let me know if you need anything.

Seeya,
    TK

11. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    That's a good idea. But If I jump on the broads they might not appreciate it and I don't wanna get arrested. :D Also I,m not sure if it was them but I tried signing up on a Jedi board at one point and I got turned down cause my tabards are red. They Had a strict polacy about red or black on a jedi costume. Seems silly to me considering the rest of my costume is light tan. But I can jump on there and see. Its the Aldaran base right?

12. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well here's the BIG one Guy's.

As most of you may or may not know. This is one of the LARGEST show around each year. this is also the ONLY BIG show that I have not yet gone to ...:_|

So... it is going to be my goal to make it this year. i'd love if anyone else in the group could go. I know they are around 10 501st. guy's that have all ready book it. I've been told the last 4 years that it is the best show EVER!! I'll post the link for you all to check out. I'll know a little more this week about what I can do to get there myself. If it looks like I can make or ever try to make it. I'll be skiping going to the PA show. Maybe... How know I'd like to do both. lol

Maybe i'll get lucky this year and have a good show run myself and make the need $$$ to get to all of them. [face_dancing]

SeeYa,
    TK

http://www.dragoncon.org/

13. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Here's a very cool one I'd like to go to. Any takers? lol Come on guy's we have to do some big show this year?

Seeya,
    TK

http://scifiexpo.com/DCC/fandaysIII.html

They have a good group of stars so far. I check you can fly round trip for aroun $200? Not bad.

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello All!

Here are a few up date for FCBD. I have posted the press release below. We will be sett up in side the Goveners Inn along with the 501st. w/ Jabba. So that is all set. All I need right now from you all is a list of who can & can not make it? I know that Steve will not be there. I believe that is the same for James? Not sure. But I'd like to hear fro mthe rest of you out there who can make it. I'd like to start setting up a time table for the day.

Thanks,
    TK

JETPACK COMICS FREE COMIC BOOK DAY FESTIVAL TAKES OVER ROCHESTER, NH

Bigger and better this years Free Comic Book Day Event is going to take place city-wide!

Jetpack Comics goal, for the 2009 Free Comic Book Day Celebration, is to present a day long, city-wide event celebrating comic books and their creators. This year the event will take place at 20 downtown merchants as well as being held in several large ?convention style? venues. Each participating Rochester, NH business will be giving away a unique comic book per family that visits their store. The ?convention? venues will house special guests, ranging from top name comic creators to local small press publishers, as well as regional comic vendors. A local tavern is even joining the celebration, opening only to FCBD attendees that evening.

Making the event a true Comic Book Show will be this years goal. To make that happen we?ve enlisted the help of The Governor?s Inn as well as the Knights of Columbus. These two locations will feature all the special guests, creators, comic book & toy vendors as well as food and novelty vendors. Last year Free Comic Book Day in Rochester attracted nearly 1000 people. This year, with the support of the Rochester Main Street Association, dozens of creators and vendors we?re hoping to double that.

Special Guests include Peter Laird and the crew from Mirage Studios, joining us to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the premiere of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Free Comic Book Day takes place literally one day before the convention debut of the 1st issue of the TMNT back in 1984. TO add to the celebration an original copy of the first issue has been donated to Jetpack Comics. This copy, purchased at the comics debut, will be on display for the event and will be auctioned off following Free Comic Book Day, with proceeds being given to charity. This near pristine copy, with its debut pedigree, may well bring in upwards of $8000.00. There will be a special edition of the original TMNT #1 for Free Comic Book Day that will be?FREE.

Returning for another Jetpack Comics Free Comic Book Day Event is Marvel Comics top gun, Ed McGuinness! Ed is considered to be one of the best in his field and is currently the penciller of Marvel Comics HULK comic book. This Free Comic Book Day Ed has a treat for everyone. The day before the event is the release of Marvel Comics new film, Wolverine Origin. To tie into the Wolverine theme Marvel is providing a FREE Wolverine comic book. A comic whose cover features Ed McGuinness rendering of Wolverine!

Jabba the Hutt will be returning for another Rochester visit along with several Stormtroopers and Darth Vader. We?re hoping that even more of the Star Wars 501st can make it this year and to show them how much we want them to be a part of the day, EVERYONE coming to the event is encouraged to dress up. Come as your favorite Jedi or don your Super-Hero garb. Please show your support by attending the event in costume! While visiting with the Star Wars characters be sure to make a donation to them (all proceeds go to the NH Make A Wish foundation) and also bid on items donated by Rochester businesses. Each participating Rochester businesses, as well as others that care to donate, will have an item or gift certificate for auction by the Star Wars groups. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to charity.

Of course, what makes Free Comic Book Day in Rochester a memorable event is the number of local and small press creators that come to the event. Scattered through the various ind

15. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Guy's,

We are all set for this weekend for FCBD. We will be setting up at the folloing location.

The Cafe at The Governors INN
    78 Wakefeild St.
    Rochester NH 03867

It is one block north of JetPack Comic's. I will be there at 8am to start the set up. The event runs from 10am to 5pm. on Saturday than we head over to the pub for the after party with Jetpack and the 501st. from 6pm to 8pm. It should be a great time! As of right now it is only me and Brandon for the event due to everyone being out of town. Which is cool. We may have John later in the afternoon after like 1/2 pm maybe if he get's his stuff done in time.

We will be setting up right next to the 501st and Make-A-Wish. in the same room. So we will have plenty of help around the table. Wish us luck. I think we should have a great day.

I need anything that you guy's are donating for the rafles to me before the end on the week. Steve will be bring over to me the rafle tickets and flyier before he leave on vacation this week. I have the banner and we should be all set.

SeeYa,
    TK

16. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    John ...

I need you to make me a loop CD of Jabba's thorn room music. With him laughing on it so we can have it playing in the back round. No one in the 501 st. knows were the disc is? And i know you are good at doing stuff like that. So ... lol Thanks. I'll sure I'll call you on it as well.

Seeya,
    TK

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Welllll... I DO have the music, and can make a loop of it, but getting the laugh and dubbing it over the music is another matter entirely. I don't have any software that can do it and I don't have the first clue how to do it. Why not just have Al laugh now and again? o_O

18. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    lol... that may just work. [face_laugh]
    No what I need is the track of him just laughing. The track they play in the past was just from the movie I believe? I'll ask around and see what I can find out. We'll go from there. lol I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Thanks,
    TK

Hey aren't you at work? How are you replying from work? lol No biggie I'm to be at work as well right now ,b ut I'm setting here waiting for FEDEX to show up with a package I need for work for these DOL guy's coming in tomorrow. I love my job.

19. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    The company decided to hook up a couple of computers in the break room for personal use. About time! So I jump on when I can and grace everyone with my presence when it's least expected! :D

20. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    I think the qualifies for events. Remember Jumpcon? I found this story in my towns newspaper. Here's a link to it. http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090428/NEWS01/304289925/-1/news This guy is going down hardcore! They have a vid from a battle star panel. You can find Edward talk about it at 2:45 in the video.

21. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Cool Andy,

I wondered whatever happen to this guy. If there ever did anything about it. I was able to get my money back with in the first couple weeks. Once they said it was canceled. I just filled with my credit card company and rec. a refund on the deposit I had but down just in case me and Steve were going. I think it was Steve that was going to go with me. Oh, well It leasted it worked out for me. I do hope everyone esle get something back.

Good find Andy, Thanks.

SeeYa,
    TK

22. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    How was FCBD? Looking forward to hearing all about it...

23. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    IT WAS GOOD. I PUT PICTURES OM FACE BOOK. DONT KNOW HOW TO POST THEM HERE YET. BRANDON

24. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    AND MY SPACE-BRANDON

25. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's,

They have announced the date for this years Boston Comic Con. It will be hold Oct. 24 -25th. I believe I will be setting up at this years show along with Jetpack. But I'm not yet sure? It is still some time off.

I know one was able to go with me last year. But I did have a good time. Hopefully someone can make it this year? I believe they are also working on having the 501st. there this year? Detail to come as I have them.

So, if anyone would like to check it out here is the link.

Later,
    TK

http://www.bostoncomiccon.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.