main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Eventual Blu-ray Release

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by adamclark83, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I just want to see Arndt's script.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The behind the scenes stuff will be interesting.

vinsanity likes this.
  3. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Well, if we don't have that many BTS stuff on the DVD/Bluray, let us hope that JW Rinzler writes a new Making of book regarding TFA.

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    There probably will be new stuff that pops up 10 years from now that contradicts what we learn from that.

vinsanity likes this.
  5. vinsanity

Jan 28, 2013
    the lucas treatments and Michael Arndt script versions will be one of those, imo.

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That will be a nightmare.

7. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    It really depends on where you go to buy the new Star Wars movie. You have to look at all prices from the different stores. Walmart is usually the cheapest, but sometimes it's not. It will most likely go down $5-10 dollars, just before the spin-off is released in December 2016.

8. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I have to admit that I have watched the Appendices of LOTR around 10 times as often as the movies themselves ( I was in college in a long distance relationship and had loads of time, apparently). It would be awesome to get something similar. The Beginning was nice but the LOTR appendices were perfection...

9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm also hoping for lots of juicy BTS stuff, both in the development of the movie and the actual filming. I find that stuff to be really fascinating. I also kind of doubt that there will "multiple versions" coming out going forward like we've gotten with the OT. What we'll probably get is box sets of the entire ST in like ten years or so, or perhaps a full-on collection of all nine films.

Oh and commentaries, ideally by JJ, Kasdan, Kennedy, and maybe even some of the actors.

nightangel likes this.
  10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I highly doubt they'd dare go into the whole Lucas/Arndt thing in the special features. What would that benefit?

I just want to see a musical score that is complete!

Howard Hand likes this.
  11. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    I want the Steelbook, so I hope its not a freaking Canadian/Europe exclusive.

12. vinsanity

Jan 28, 2013
    in the first Hobbit, they've talked in the beginning about Del Toro's time when he was going to direct the Hobbit movies and also after his departure Peter Jackson spoke openly about not using most of Del Toro's ideas and designs but always in the most respectful way.

13. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Here's the complete special feature list for the Blu-Ray:

- Trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" video game (Colecovision exclusive!)
    - "Dress Up Rey"-- A delightful interactive feature that let's you dress Rey in six spectacular outfits!
    - "Up Close With The Fans"-- Star Wars fans talk about their favorite Star Wars moments!
    - "The Force Awakens" teaser trailer-- Relive the excitement of seeing the first glimpse of The Force Awakens by watching the teaser all over again!
    - "Coming Attractions"-- See what's coming soon from Disney!

Sounds great!! I'm stoked! ;)

danmcken and vin like this.
  14. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Since it's been announced that Episode VII will be done in Dolby Atmos, I think that would mean the Blu-ray's audio will have that and Dolby TrueHD 7.1.

15. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

The commentary would be two hours worth of "I would've done it this way."

fishtailsam likes this.
  16. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    where did you see that? i would have thought dts x or auro would be preferred, i know lucas was one of the first to use auro 3d but i guess disney is already using atmos for brave and the like.

If it is indeed atmos you can expect an atmos home release as well.

17. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    This also raises the question for me: Is it at all possible that we will get LOTR and Hobbit-style Extended Editions of the film? In the case of those movies, the extended versions were largely regarded by fans to be better, with the exception of some terrible "Paths of the Dead" stuff in Return of the King.

18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Not with Disney at the helm. There might be an extra here or there but they'll wait to bundle all the films together before we see any kind of significant extras, especially if you take their weak Marvel releases as any indicator.

As unpredictable as my tastes can be, I will probably own this. When is the question though.

19. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Deleted scenes- that is by far the most sought after part of the bonus material.

20. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    This is the direct opposite of true. Yeah into darkness had terribly botched extras (blame paramount and their deal with apple for that) but every other bad robot production has had extensive behind the scenes stuff. JJ just doesn't want to show you how the sausage is made before you've eaten it.

I also don't see why they wouldn't briefly go into the Ardnt thing. That's what everyone cares about, how they came to this specific story for episode vii, and I'm sure well get along extra about it.

21. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    That's exactly what I want.

22. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I think I'll probably just end up buying the first one that comes out...

23. Rhane-1138

Rhane-1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    The BluRay set is nice. The special features on the DVDs are better I think. The deleted scenes are "complete" and The Beginning is one of the best making-of specials ever. But the deleted stuff on the BluRay set is fascinating and the movies themselves look fantastic. I think it's worth it to own both the DVDs and the BluRays because the one thing that Lucasfilm didn't do is include all the DVD features on the BluRays.

Movie studios in general seem to be making fewer and fewer quality "special features" on disc releases and charging more and more money for them. Probably because they want you to buy digital files instead.

I'd love a making-of special for Episode VII that's at least as good as The Beginning or the LOTR/Hobbit "appendices" but I'm not holding my breath.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    They probably won't do this, but I'd love to see something similar to the "marvel one shots" that were on the Blu Rays for the Avengers movies. Interesting shorts that would be from a different perspective, or that take place before/after the events of the movie.

25. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Really good special features on DVD were always very rare. The Mask of Zorro (Antonio Banderas) was the first DVD I ever bought and even today it stands as on of the best examples. LotR DVDs are fantastic and I would explode if the Sequel BluRays were remotely like that. :D

I only use Netflix and iTunes these days, but I do intend to get the Star Wars BluRay set at some point - and a BluRay player. :p

EDIT: Thanks for answering y question about the Star Wars BluRay. ;)

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.