main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Eventual Blu-ray Release

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by adamclark83, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    Hopefully we get a 4k release by time Blu Ray is ready.

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm curious as to why they're just sitting on the 4K transfer and restoration Reliant Mediaworks did. I've been wondering if they'll be released alongside the BR of TFA, but who knows.

TX-20 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  3. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

I wonder if Fox could be holding things up because they are mad over Fantastic Four getting cancelled.

Davak24 likes this.
  4. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    If anything, Disney/Marvel should probably be mad that Fox butchered one of their major properties cinematically for the second time in ten years. If that's the holdup (and I personally don't think it is, considering the digital release required collaboration on their part) Fox just lost their high ground in that regard.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  5. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Why? [face_dunno]

6. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Their relationship with Disney is not very good. It's really petty and confrontational, primarily due to the Marvel properties Fox still owns the film rights to. It's a long, messy story of stupid back-and-forths.

7. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Oh I read that as the recent Fantastic Four movie bombing, not the cancelling of the comic series. Apologies.

PymParticles likes this.
  8. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Currently the way Disney is doing their Blu-rays, we'd probably get:

Tech Specs:
    - 1080p with Dolby Digital 5.1

Extras:
    - Audio Commentary
    - Making of (10 mins)
    - Deleted Scenes (6 mins)
    - Outtakes (4 mins)

If Lucasfilm produces the release, we'd get a 2-Disc release featuring:

Tech Specs:
    - 1080p with either DTS-HD MA 7.1 or Dolby Atmos

Extras:

Disc 1
    - Commentary with J.J. Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan and Kathleen Kennedy
    - Commentary with John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver

Disc 2
    - "Continuuing the Saga" - Multi-Part Documentary on the development of the movie with cast and crew.
    - Featurettes looking at Sets, Effects, Stunts, Music, Characters and Premiere
    - The Force Awakens at Comic Con and Star Wars Celebration
    - Deleted Scenes
    - Photo Gallery
    - Trailers
    - TV Spots

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A 4K download from iTunes or Netflix or an equivalent would be a big way to make 4K mainstream.
    I remember when The Matrix was the reason I bought a DVD player. It looks so good.

10. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    The behind the scenes feature better be like............18 hours long. LOL [face_laugh] For real though, I am just as excited for that as the actual movie itself.

TX-20 likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That was the movie that convinced people to buy DVD players, much like The Dark Knight convinced people to purchase Blu Ray.

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It won’t be released on BR or DVD. Just VHS. It’s more “practical”, apparently.

13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Does anyone know if these Blu-rays will still have the Fox intro in them or the new lucasfilm intro that was in the digital collection ?
    And two days before mine ! :D We're gonna get some awesome birthdays gifts [face_party]

14. Markpro

Markpro Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    Will there be a 3D Blu-Ray release along with a 2D version, I'm hopeful of a 3D ultra HD version.

15. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015

You have no idea what you are talking about, it's obviously coming to both Region 1 and 2 DVD.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I intend to tape it off the TV, hitting pause to remove the ads, probably forgetting to unpause and missing an important bit of the story. Write "the force awakens" in texta on that strip of sticky label. Draw BB8 badly on the box.

So I can put it on the shelf with the original Star Wars VHS, along with Caddyshack and They Call Me Bruce.

Mick RcCallum and Krueger like this.
  17. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Should I buy the steelbooks or not ? I already own all movies on Blu-ray and DVD but the steelbooks looks so good and if they release a steelbook for TFA then it would look really good on my shelf

19. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I don't really buy DVDs or anything, but I'd be more than eager to see how the script evolved from Lucas' treatments to Arndt's (incomplete?) script to JJ and Kasdan discussing Arndt's script and then both of them settling on a general story and then them fleshing it all out with the Story Group and then the spitballing/brainstorming and construction of the story and screenplay itself. I don't think that's too much to ask...

20. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    As a huge SW fan since I was 6 years old and first saw ANH in May of '77, I can't believe I'm saying this: However, I do not plan on seeing TFA in theaters this December. I don't go to see films in the theater much anymore anyway, since I typically wait for the Blu-ray (or wait to rent this). And, I just don't have a huge interest in the ST. I think the ending of ROTJ was perfect re: the OT characters, and though I enjoyed the post-ROTJ EU that we saw in books/comics from the '90's-on, this era is not extremely exciting to me.

Sure, I did get hyped up when the first teaser trailer for TFA hit last November, and for the official first trailer this past Spring. However, that hype was short-lived and I just can't get excited for these new films too much.

I'm not collecting any of the Episode VII toys either.

That being said, I will probably buy TFA & the subsequent SW films (including the spin-offs) on Blu-ray - I definitely do want to see the movies at some point, just not in the theater.

I'm thinking the Blu-ray will be on sale in April 2016, or about 4 months after the film hits theaters - that's typically the way these Blu-ray release dates work.

starocean90 likes this.
  21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope 10 years from now the Bluray comes out with altered CGI scenes, and JJ says, "That's how I meant for these scenes to be in the first place, but we didn't have the technology back then," sending this site into such a massive, screaming frenzy that it crashes the entire Internet.

Vohnkar and Mick RcCallum like this.
  22. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm curious about the upcoming Blu-Ray box set this month (the 13th). Is it the steel books, or just the Complete Saga digibook repackaged? The steel books don't come out for another month so I don't know why they'd release them a month early in a box set and not the same day.

23. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Sure.

See you at the cinema. ;)

24. Mick RcCallum

Mick RcCallum Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 14, 2015
    You registered at this site more than 16 years ago but you aren't going to take 3 hours to drive to and from the theater for a viewing of this movie? No way.
    You'll cave and go.

Gamma626 likes this.
  25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    If you got hyped up by the trailers months before the film, you're going to get hyped when it's actually out and in the theaters too. See you day one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.