main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ever and Always (L/M, angst/romance)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DaenaBenjen42, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Cute update. :) I like Mara's idea about a time delay. And... cutting out the back way from the reception. [face_love] [face_love] :)

2. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    so that's what they do to pass the time...

3. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Loved the sparring...just out of curiousity...what kind of martial arts did you base it on? One style in particular, or a mix of all of them?

~kass

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    "So... what are we calling this one?"

Ranko stopped writing and looked at him thoughtfully. "Operation Save The Guy And Stop The Girl From Doing Something Really Dumb?"

Peter paused. "I like it."

Hahah! I love the banter between all of your characters, Daena. Great timing.

And sparring...*le sigh* just another form of foreplay. [face_mischief] (Hope that wasn't bad...never know with the boards. ;) ) lol

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Thank you. :)

RedGold: Partly? Thank you.

Jedi_Kassandra: It?s a little of everything, really. Thank you for the review.

MirandaFair: Thank you. :) Glad you liked the sparring thing.

Susan was busy helping to set out party favors for the small party they were having while the menfolk went out and did the bachelor party thing with the groom, when Ranko approached her. ?Hi.?

?I think now would be the perfect time to give it to her.?

?Now? Why now??

Ranko glanced toward where Mara was sitting down and watching Jaina and Jacen play with their toys. ?Because if we wait, we?ll have to explain to more than just her.?

?Ah. Good point? Give me a minute.?

Ranko nodded and left Susan to finish her task.

~*~*~*~*~

Mara watched while Jacen and Jaina played quietly with their toys, smiling slightly when Jaina protested because Jacen had taken a block away from her.

?Mara?? a voice asked, hesitantly.

Mara looked away from the twins to see Susan standing there with a package in her hands, and Ranko standing behind her. ?What is it??

Susan came closer and sat down. ?Ranko and I spent a while talking about what to get you for a wedding present, and? well, here.?

Mara slowly took the wrapped object from Susan and looked at it. ?Why??

?Don?t ask why,? Ranko told her with a smile. ?Just open it? and, besides? if we have to put up with our mother springing something like this on us, then we get to do it for you.?

Mara frowned as she unwrapped the present, then she stared at it. It was a hard-bound book with a purple cover and a design in gold. The design was of a woman holding a baby and sitting in a rocking chair. ?It?s beautiful? what?s it for??

?This is a baby journal,? Susan explained as Mara opened it to find blank pages.

?But I?m not-?

?Not now, no. But someday??

Mara closed the book and sat there a moment, looking at Susan. ?I... Thank you.?

?You?re welcome,? Susan told her with a smile.

TBC...

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    EEK! I got a post behind! :oops: But at least I got to read two at one time! =D=

7. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    awww, that's sweet

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely gift. Now, when Mara uses it, she'll remember Ranko and the gang. Not that she's ever ever likely to forget!! [face_laugh] :)

9. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Short and sweet. Very sweet gift. :)

10. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    oh man I fell waaaaaaaaaaay behind on this. I don't even remember how they met these other people. That gift was very.....unusual for a wedding gift. I suppose it works cause once she's pregnant, she'll be back in their normal time on Coruscant or Yavin, right?

11. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    OOoh goodness Daena!! That was incredible!! I just found this and read all sixteen pages today! *aplause* that was absolutely incredible!! But I'm dying of curiosity....who/what are the Wave Rangers? They're awesome, as is all the little bits of L/M mush you threw in!

I'm loving it! Could you pretty please add me to the PM list? Oh, and may I add this story to the L/M Index, please?

12. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Thank you, ma?am. :)

RedGold: Thank you.

Jade_eyes: That?s very true. (with a trip like that, who would?) Thank you.

MirandaFair: Thank you, MirandaFair.

Jedi_Liz: Something like that, yes. :) Thank you.

Irish_Jedi_Jade: Hi! Um? the Wave Rangers are, quite simply, a commando unit with super powers? Thank you for reading and joining in. Glad that you?re enjoying it.

13. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Note: It occurs to me that I haven't updated in way, way too long. So... here. Apologies for the DWB-and-new-job-induced delay. Enjoy. :)

Mara was woken out of an uneasy sleep by a knock at her door in the wee hours of the morning on the day of her wedding. Grumbling, she went to go answer it, only to find her future sister in law and three other familiar people standing there, looking way too perky for 0530. ?What is the meaning of this??

Leia smiled. ?We?re here to help you get ready.?

?At 0530??

?Yes.?

?The wedding isn?t until 1400, Leia.?

Leia chuckled lightly. ?Yes, and that means we have plenty of time if we start now.?

Mara glared at her. ?Right. You start. I?m going back to bed.?

Leia looked at her companions after Mara closed the door on them. ?Think we should have waited another hour??

?Perhaps,? Amy said with a smirk. ?Just be glad Dawn?s a heavy sleeper, or she?d be mad at us too??

Leia frowned at her. ?What??

Amy just shrugged and smiled.

~*~*~*~*~

When Mara finally woke up on her own two hours later, she was greeted by her Force sense telling her that there was more than one other person in her apartment. Sighing, she sat up.

Dawn, who had been staying with her for the week, came in and handed her a cup of caf. ?Sorry about them waking you up like that, Mara.?

Mara took the cup of caf from her and sipped it. ?What are they doing here??

?Leia seems to think you need help getting prepared.?

?Ah.?

Dawn shook her head in amusement. ?Come out when you?re ready, though? and I?m really sorry they woke you up like that.?

?It?s fine.?

?Right... they brought a peace offering when they came back. You like pastries, right??

Mara nodded and Dawn left the room. She took another sip from her cup, and shook her head with a small chuckle.

TBC...

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Leia must think it would take 8 hours for Mara to get ready for her own wedding. Good Post!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Huggles Daena!! SQUEE!!! Can't wait for the vows. :)

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    So glad to see this one updated! :D

=D=

17. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    Very nice!!! Sorry it took me so long....I had to go back and re-read and remind myself of the plot! :p But that was lovely lovely lovely dear!! You're an awesome writer, and I'm so glad to see this back!!!

Thanks for the PM, please keep them coming! Can't wait for more!!!!

[face_good_luck] Irish

18. Julia-Wan

Julia-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    I have readed this last three days and finaly.. I'm on 16th page [face_mischief]

Very, very lovely story. Can't wait to see what happens next :*[face_blush]

PM please ;)

19. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Jedi_Liz: Something like that, yes? and thank you. :)

Jade_eyes: My first reaction to seeing that: Right... the vows... (In progress!) Thank you, Jade_eyes.

VaderLVR64: Thank you.

Irish_Jedi_Jade: But that was lovely lovely lovely dear!!

Thank you. :) Happy to hear it and glad you?re enjoying the story.

Julia-Wan: Hi! Welcome and thank you for joining us. :)

Updated PM list for Ever and Always?

MirandaFair
    jackyyy17
    RedGold
    frankieskywalker
    Jedi_Luck
    Master_Vicky
    TnTornado
    VaderLVR64
    JEDIFLYSWATTER
    Irish_Jedi_Jade
    maramijade
    Jade_eyes
    Julia-Wan

20. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Note: Many thanks to Jade_eyes for the multiple betas on this. [:D]

Mara was woken out of an uneasy sleep by a knock on her door in the wee hours of the morning on the day of her wedding. Grumbling, she went to go answer it, only to find her future sister-in-law and three other familiar people standing there, looking way too perky for 5:30 in the morning. "What is the meaning of this?"

Leia smiled and held the door open with her foot when Mara tried to close it. "We're here to help you get ready."

Mara looked at her tiredly. "At oh-five-thirty?"

"Yes."

"The wedding isn't until 1500, Leia."

Leia had to supress a chuckle at the expression of mild annoyance that Mara was giving her. "Yes, and that means we have plenty of time if we start now."

Mara glanced down at Leia's foot that was holding the door open, then glared at her. "Right. You start. I'm going back to bed." With a nudge of the Force, she pushed Leia back and shut the door.

~*~

Leia looked at her companions after Mara shut the door on them. "Think we should have waited another hour?"

"Perhaps," Amy said with a smirk. "Just be glad Dawn's a heavy sleeper, or she'd be mad at us, too."

Leia frowned. "What?"

Amy just shrugged and smiled.

~*~*~*~

When Mara woke up on her own two hours later, she was greeted by her Force sense telling her that there was more than one other person in the apartment... and the smell of caf. She sat up with a sigh, and then noticed Dawn standing in the doorway.

"Who let you in," she asked, her voice laced with sarcasm.

"You did," Dawn answered as she handed her a cup of caf. "Sorry my team mates and your future sister-in-law pulled that stunt on you earlier. If it weren't for the fact that I'm such a deep sleeper, I'd have gotten the door."

Mara accepted the proffered cup and took a cautious sip. Dawn had been staying in her apartment because she had needed somewhere that was away from her team mates, and Mara kinda liked having her around. More or less. "They come back yet?"

"Twenty minutes ago, yes. And they brought a peace offering." Dawn turned to leave. "Come out when you're ready, Mara."

Mara nodded and Dawn left the room. She took another sip and stifled a sudden chuckle at the thought of Leia voluntarily getting up before dawn for something so silly.

~*~*~*~

"Leia, what was the idea, getting me up at oh-five-thirty?" Mara asked as she joined the group in her small kitchen.

"It was Amy's idea," Leia said, trying to defend herself.

Amy snorted. "Sure it was, Madame Chief of State. Since when?"

"So it wasn't your idea, then?"

"No... Mara, can I offer you a croissant?"

Mara looked the odd-looking pastry with the chocolate icing on the plate that Amy pushed her way. "What is this?"

"It's good, Mara. Also our way of apologizing for waking you up like that."

Mara took a bite. It was... very good. She even licked the extra icing that stuck to the plate.

~*~*~*~

"You seriously want me to distract her? The Chief of State of the New Republic? Ranko, the woman probably hears better philabusters than I could ever think up in my life."

"Just long enough for us to get it done, Elsie. Nothing drastic."

"Good, because I don't do drastic anymore. Ariel still teases me about going for drastic."

Ranko sighed. "Elsie, just tweak something, okay? Something small that'll keep her distracted for a bit so she doesn't walk in on us in armor."

"Right, because seeing the armor would lead to a discussion on just how the Jade's Fire got damaged the way it did."

"Exactly."

Elsie smirked. "All right. Give me five minutes, and you'll have yourself a distracted Chief of State Organa Solo."

"Thank you."

"Any time."

~*~*~*~

Whuki pulled a metal block out of his sub pocket and began to mold and manipulate it into separate strands as Ralarna watched. "Forgot how much fun this was."

"Hmm?"

"Everyone all together, having a good time and enjoying themselves?"

"And, though we didn't get to see it, blowing stuff up?"

"

21. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    Awh! So cute Daena!!! Absolutely wonderful!!! Love the Rangers!!!!!

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

ps- Sorry i'd write a much longer post, but I'm supposed to be writing a 15pg paper.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delightful bonding ceremony. [face_love] [face_love] The wedding ceremony was delicious. Loved Luke being in a daze. :) Very .... flattering to the bride. :D This deserves many SQUGGLES!! [:D]

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I read this earlier and didn't get to reply. [face_blush] Luckily I left the PM unopened so I'd remember to post. :p Okay, so it took me a while. :oops:

Anyway, loved the wedding. It was perfect! [face_love]

=D=

24. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    So sorry for the delayed reply! Excellent updates, Daena. :)

I especially loved your characterizations within the last chapter. You made great use of a large ensemble. :D I enjoyed and got a "kick" out of Mara and Leia.

Also: now I am craving croissants... ;) Thank you and lovely writing!

25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Note: As I've still got a case of [face_dancing] from the thing mentioned in my sig (the I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! thing), update will be somewhat... delayed. Apologies for that. (Why my epiphany couldn't have been related to a fic, I'll never know...)

Irish_Jedi_Jade: [:D] for the 15pg paper. :) Thank you.

Jade_eyes: Thank you for saying so, Jade_eyes. :) It really, really means a lot.

VaderLVR64: Thank you. :) (Taking a while is quite all right...)

MirandaFair: Thank you, MirandaFair. And... me, too. *goes and finds a bakery...*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.