San Joaquin, CA Ever get together to play SW games?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cruzer_Fett, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Do people ever get together to play Star Wars games like SW Monopoly, Risk, Trivial Pursuit, Xbox or Playstation (live or not), etc? I've got SW monopoly that I can never find anyone who's fan enough to want to play. I was looking at the Trivial Pursuit and Clone Wars Risk the other day at Target, and thought how it would be neat to play. I think it's just finding people who enjoy SW enough to play that I think is the problem for me. Just a thought, Cruzer_Fett.
    Another CIII pic.[image=http://image54.webshots.com/154/8/22/82/442382282mqlaMM_ph.jpg]
  2. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Actually, we get together quite a lot. Usually around once a week. Everyone came over to our place(Liz_Skywalker and I are married) and played SW Trivial Pursuit. I know we'd love to play monopoly...and our group is DEFINATELY into star wars enough to play all things SW.
  3. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Cool, actually the Clone Wars Risk looked really cool. I think I'm going to pick it up tomorrow after my son and I get back from fishing up at Balch park tomorrow morning. I've never played Risk, but my son and I think the Clones are so awesome we've preordered one of Master Replicas helmets due out this Nov./Dec., sheepishly waited a couple days before I had enough courage to tell my wife. I've found that sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission when it comes to my son's and my SW purchases. ooohhh ooohhhhhh![face_whistling] I know, not always the best policy. But it insures we gets what we wants-heehee[face_dancing]
  4. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Star Wars Trivial Pursuit was fun, might've been better to start it not so close to dawn, and to follow the rules (not an easy thing to do that late at night), but I enjoyed it anyway. At least it was more challenging that the Lord of the Rings adaptation. Now the Clone Wars Risk, on the other hand, sounds very cool, I dig the look of the Clone Troopers, especially the Episode III versions.
  5. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh, I forgot, we also have both KOTRs, Republic Commando, EPIII, and Lego Star Wars on XBOX; as well as Bounty Hunter, Rebel Strike II & III, & Jedi Outcast on Gamecube; and Battle Front on Playstation that we enjoy playing. We're thinking about going live with XBOX but don't know if it's worth it or not. Right now we're replaying Republic Commando on the HARD setting to see if we can pass it. And I stopped playing EPIII when Anakin begins to fight Mace Windu. At the time we were playing, I told my son I wouldn't turn to the Dark side and he grabbed the controller out of my hand and said matter of factly "he would!!!" :eek:
  6. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Episode III Clones Rock!! This might be sacraligious, being that I'm from the EP IV-VI generation, but I think I might like them even more than regular Stormtroopers (Excluding Sandtroopers of course). It's settled, tomorrow I'll get the Clones Risk game for sure then.
  7. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello... I am more than willing to get together to play games. I have 3 or 4 version of SW Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and EVERY Star Wars game made for the PC. Plus a few for N64, GameCube and XBox.

I look forward to meeting you at the next meeting. :)
  8. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    "after my son and I get back from fishing up at Balch park tomorrow morning"

i love balch, i usually go up at least a couple times a year with my dad. last time we went there was actually SNOW around the pond (it was the week before memorial day) and the fishing was really good.

ahhhhhh, RISK, "the game of world domination" :D

i have always wanted to play that. i have also always wanted to play KotOR but i don't have an xbox (i have a ps2). i have played EP.III extensively, and a little bit of the lego game, which i would really like to play more of, it was SO cute.

as mentioned, we did have a trivial pursuit party once. i thought it was really fun, i'd like to play again sometime. if tiffany ever gets around to watching the originals then she's really gonna kick our butts in pretty much everything, period ;)

"I can never find anyone who's fan enough to want to play."

i think you've come to the right place.
  9. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    The fishing should be good tomorrow. When I called the campground host said they planted trout this past week. To me it's kind of cheating, but my son enjoys being able to hook a couple of fish. When we're not camping and catching for our dinner that night, we practice catch and release. I looked for barbless hooks today at Walmart but surprisingly they don't sell them. All of the snow packs should be gone by now but I'm sure it'll be chilly in the morning.

Oh, you gotta play KOTOR, and play them in order if possible to follow the continuous story line. One of the best electronic SW games IMO, and tied with Gamecube's Bounty Hunter (but probably only because I'm a huge Mandalorian and Fett geek[face_hypnotized] ).

If you ever get an XBOX, you can borrow the KOTOR games no problem. Every Jedi fan should play these games.

And...this is definitely the right place for Tulare Co. SW fans.=D=
  10. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    < I told my son I wouldn't turn to the Dark side and he grabbed the controller out of my hand and said matter of factly "he would!!!" >

ohhh, that's funny!

yeah, i got the trivial pursuit game for my birthday, and it was fun to play... since everyone's attention shifted, we never did finish- someday i will get to play it all the way through.

and to those who were skipping ahead on the dvd, i'm not naming names <coughcharlescough> cause i ain't one to gossip... there's a whole 2nd disc of questions, so your cheating will get you nowhere ;)

never played risk, don't know if i have the strategic mind for it or not... but i'll gladly watch.

11. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, I think Episode III Clones are the coolest, but I've still got a special place in my heart for the Snow Troopers, I love playing those guys in Battlefront(PS2), one of my favorite games, can't wait for part 2! Ditto for the Lego Star Wars, they have to make a sequel for it.

Lego X-Wing is all I'm saying.
  12. Emperors-hand Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would definitely be interested in playing. Especially risk or monopoly I love those games normally SW versions would just be awsome! Nice to have you around Lorenzo. I'm Tarah and my husband is Josh. Can't wait to meet you and your son.
  13. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, The-Bald_Wookie your right, Snow Troopers are pretty cool, but I've never played them in Battlefront so I'm going to have to check them out the next time I sit down to play with my son, and Battlefront II should be even better.
    Thanks Yodaa and Tarah for the kind welcomes. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here on the boards and in Twin Suns and being able to finally get together with some fellow SW fans.

Fishing this morning was good and once again I found myself out-fished by my son.
    [image=http://image58.webshots.com/158/6/70/91/443467091KKEEyP_ph.jpg] WHAT...Another one!

I picked up a Clone Wars Edition Risk. My son and I attempted to begin playing it but...I don't think it's a game that can hold the attention span of an 8 yr. old. But I've got it and for those who know how to play traditional Risk, it's the same except for a few minor differences to give it that Star Warsy feeling-things like ORDER 66!!![face_devil] and Galactic domination-things like that. Looks cool though when all the pieces are laid out. The next gaming get together, consider it there.

On the same note, I was wondering how a full-on game night would go over where there are like 3 or 4 tables set up with different SW games, plus a TV going with video games, and people could play whatever game they wanted and even change to take over other's games if someone got bored or wanted to do something else. Full on gaming, both video and board; refreshments, the grill going on outside. I don't know, any takers. I know that once I finally meet all of you great people and get to know you and vice-versa, I would open my house up to something like that. We've got a nice patio area in the backyard with furniture. Got a great grill and plenty of room for a dozen people or more. Saw a little fire pit at Target I was thinking about picking up-be good for entertaining. Plus, my wife gets together for Bunco over here, why not have a SW night of games and fun. Let me know.

Just to let you know, my wife and I enjoy entertaining family and friends. However, I think I enjoy doing it more than her and she just gets dragged into it at times. But I'm always willing to do the work when it's my idea.

Anybody got any Pazzak cards? Those of you who have played KOTOR know what I'm talking about.

Cheers, Lorenzo

****Oh, have I mentioned it's great to finally meet other SW fans in the area
  14. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Pure Pazaak! Sorry, just had to interject. I'd love to see someone design cool Pazaak cards for use. If nobody does, I'll have to, and mine won't be cool...they'll just be basic and boring and get the job done.

- Kai, Playing Pazaak in her Head...
  15. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, that's right Kai_Vandekar, I'm talking Pazaak. Like in KOTOR-only bring it to life. Gotta make some cards! I thought that by now they could be bought, but I guess not. I know that things can be taken into OfficeMax and put on glossy card-like paper stock. Maybe I'll try designing some on the computer. Pazaak rules!
  16. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Thats a great picture of your son with the fish. My daughter enjoyed balch park too.

I think game night would be an awesome thing to do. Most of us are really into that and the one's who aren't(i don't know who, but I'm sure there's at least one) would still be fun to just talk to. Maybe the next time we get together, you can come, to check things out. The group dressed up yesterday and today and did a promotion in Tulare and then practiced in the park until 8-ish. I'm thinking about maybe having another little shindig here in exeter sometime this week, so maybe then. I'm off tuesday and friday this week, so maybe on one of those days everyone?? Let us know.

It's always nice to have a new addition to the group, I hope you like us enough to join.
  17. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    game night sounds wizard. sign me up.
  18. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    For some reason, you images are not displaying on my system. Not sure why... everything else does. :(

But, if I cut and paste the URL: http://image58.webshots.com/158/6/70/91/443467091KKEEyP_ph.jpg into my browser it displays. Oh... I just noticed... I am blocking Webshots as SPYWARE :) he he.
  19. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's good to hear your daughter likes Balch too sdarthsmithiousx. I feel it's very important for me to show my son how to appreciate the beauty and awe of nature, and Balch park is a perfect place to do that.

And as far as liking enough to join...I already like you guys enough to join just from chatting with everyone on these boards. Everyone has been very friendly and fun to chat with. Man, I just like seeing people other than my son and sister (other adults) who are truely interested in the culture of SW.
  20. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    The great thing about our group(not to brag us up, but there are many great things about the group actually), is that we are all VERY different but very similar, if you get what i mean. We have a wide variety of members, with different backgrounds and different stories, but we're good friends(i'd like to think so), and we have an awesome leader. We're very accepting, and once you're in, you're in. There isn't any drama or bad attitudes. Nobody's trying to ruin the fun. SO, we're happy to have you. You're invited to any get togethers that you want to come to.
  21. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, thanks xdarthsmithiousx I appreciate that. This is what I mean about being so nice, how could i not want to join. Variety is good in a group and awesome leadership is essential. And the only kind of drama I like is...NONE. I just like to have fun and actually this whole Star Wars thing is my outlet and one connection with my son. Mind you my wife thinks we're both crazy sometimes, but she's tolerant.
    So thanks.

p.s. Still going to look into those Pazaak cards. Ever play it? If I remember correctly it's like 21 but with just a few slight differences. The SW style of 21.
  22. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks. I haven't played that game but my brother in law wanted to play it badly before he joined the military, and he always talked about how it'd be cool to find a way to get it.
  23. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    >>Man, I just like seeing people other than my son and sister (other adults) who are truely interested in the culture of SW.<<

yes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.