main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ever wondered whats it gonna be after the Vong ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Agonizer_181, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    I've just read all of your posts...whew...and you all have alot of good Ideas, especially the ones about having a continuing stroy arc. I would be foolish to go back to single issue books.

First a lot of you are overlooking a few things. We can't just assume that the Galaxy is going to reintigrate into a "Republic" again. There has been alot of friction between its peoples. In the beginning the NR did leave the outer rim, inner rim planets on their own, I can see them trusting a Republic again. Heck the New Reupublic didn't even mobolize until after the Yuuzhan Vong had a firm foothold in their space, if they attacked earlier maybe they could have averted this whole thing.

With other star systems on their own, and cut off from everyone else, or neglected like Corellia, I couldn't see any of those planets wanting to join a centralized government again, especially after all the corruption and neglegence. After this war is over those systems that have been on their own might not want to give up their "freedom". There aren't many that will have faith in centralized government for some time. The new goverment that forms probably wouldn't have enough military force to impose that kind of order anyway. The galaxy is going to be divided for many years, with all kinds of Protectorates, Hegomies, and Alliances popping up.

One good thing about all this is that this enviroment will provide many great stories involving the Jedi and attempts to bring the galaxy back together, etc.

Secondly Mazaron makes a good point in mentioning that the Yuuzhan Vong will still be around after the war. The Yuuzhan Vong military is huge, and all we have seen so far has been mostly their Warrior and Shaper castes, there are Millions and perhaps Billions of Yuuzhan Vong "civilians" waiting to come in and settle the galaxy. Even if the Yuuzhan Vong military is defeated, their people aren't going to just dissapear. These non-combatants will have to settle and perhaps join with the people of the galaxy, especially if the YV people are responsible for bringing down their own leaders. Plus Coquest has shown that the YV can be reasoned with and that they are more than just Warmongers, they can love even. They wont be going anywhere.

But there will be alot of resentment and major racism directed towards Yuuzhan Vong settlers for many years after this conflict is over.

2. MAZARON

MAZARON Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2001
    I have to agree with Tsavong_Lah again as well, I find I agree with him in every thread I encounter him in!

What we need to look at is the galaxy is alread split up. Mon Calimari, at least in the part of the books I am in, the first part of "Balance Point," is already cut off from Coruscant, they haven't talked to them in what, months? On Ruan the citizens there, or at least the major corporations, were already planning for a Yuuzhan Vong victory. Borsk Fey'lya has pretty much hijacked the fleet to keep it around Bothawui and protect it, further pissing off the other worlds. Kashyyyk has been left pretty high and dry, with only a few Jedi to check up on it and mere luck the Yuuzhan Vong have by-passed it. Tynna was sacrficied. Fondor was wrecked, a pyrhic victory at best. The Jedi are reviled in some quarters, Corran Horn especially so. The Hapans are crippled. Corellia is on the verge of plunging into civil war and seceding from the NR.

Guys, the split up has begun!

I think you will find that a post-YV War will not be post-YV. They will inhabit a big share of the galaxy, and we will have a multipolar political situation, with the Third Republic a remnant itself, competing with an expanding Imperial Remnant, wherever the Yuuzhan Vong end up settling into, as well as who knows, the Chiss, the Yevethans, the Ssi-Ruuk, maybe an Aing Tii or Jedi protectorate, some pirate/smuggler states.

3. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    I don't really think there can be too much more said beyond the Vong. What another threat? That would be like having the IR popping up again and again. Those storylines get old really quick. The IR needs to die and join what is left of the NR. Remember that most of the IR philosophy was that of Palpatine. Why doesn't the IR just forget that philosophy and move on.

The re-emergence of the Sith would suck too. It has been done already. You would just be changing names and plots, but it would be the same.....Jedi vs. Sith. Been there, done that. More repetitiveness.

What I feel needs to be done would be a "filling in the gaps" novels, but not like a NJO story arc. I think a 2-3 novel series on Yoda would be great, same with Palpatine. TOTJ novels would be great also. Novels on the rise and fall of the Sith between Bane and Palpatine. Novels like that to explain all the things that are a mystery so far.

After all that is done, then maybe start a new story arc. That would be where the creative minds at DelRay will need to earn their money. It would have to be something new and original, not another "threat to the Republic from somewhere" arc, but something new. I dont know what kind, cuz if I did I would ask DelRay for a job. But no more EMPIRE!!!!! Please!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But what really is gonna happen is the Ewoks and Jawas are gonna open a can of whoop-ass!!! Woo-tee-dee!!!!!!

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    What's going to happen after the Vong?

Eh, probably a lot of Ben getting kidnapped by neo-Imps. ;)

Jae Angel

5. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
  6. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    Well, if the publishers go forward with the new generation of Jedi, post NJO, perhaps it will be some kind of 'Dark Ages' with no actual Galaxy-Wide Government. And there will be wild clans of the Chiss, the Imperial Remnant, the Vong Leftovers and the Jedi, with the former three attempting to conquer planets, and the Jedi trying to at least protect the planets, and not really trying to establish government. Sort of like after the fall of Rome, with the barbarians, vikings, English, Scots, etc. (Sorry, I don't know history too well.)

And if not that, then definately a lot of Clone War books, and certainly bridging the gap between Episode III & IV.

Micheal Reeves said he has an idea for a long multi book story that he submitted to Del Ray. It will be interesting to see if they pick it up. If not, I'd love to hear what his ideas were.

7. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    You are all wrong. The end of the NJO will see the vong take the galaxy FFA. "that are future mara, in the ur."

And thats were their going

Also it is belived by scholers such as myself that the UR is a seperate Galaxy larger the GFFA.

8. mandalore15

mandalore15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2000
    I believe, as apparently many of you do, that the focus will shift after the NJO to the time period between Episode III and IV. After the last film is complete, the authors will finally have knowledge of EVERY aspect of the films and will hopefully avoid any more contradictions (that is until Lucas makes Special Editions of all six movies in about 15 years). This time period between films is rich with possibilities. I see a young adult series of novels featuring the early adventures of Luke and Biggs. A hardcover about intrigue in the Empire starring Darth Vader, Palpatine, and Tarkin. A paperback trilogy focusing on some of Bail and Leia Organa's exploits on Alderaan. And if it isn't chronicled in Episode III, then certainly a hardcover focusing on the formation of the Rebel Alliance. I'm sure Del Rey will continue to publish post-NJO stories featuring our old heroes, but in a limited capacity, like the prequel era novels are published now...around 2 a year or so.
    Anyway, that's what I'd like to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.