main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everton 2 - JR 0: The BBB footy thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Guys' started by OBIWAN-JR, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    So it looks like Tevez is gonna be a Man U player very soon...

-JR :)

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I thought you were on about the legs thread the ladies had. Apparently this is a soccer thing, I guess.

3. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    This is a FOOTBALL thing, Souds.

:p

4. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Right. This from the people who drive on the wrong side of the road. :p

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    It also seems that the Premier League are going to field test Hawk-Eye (as had its debut at Wimbledon this year). If this can operate at the speed it's operated at Wimbledon (it generates a verdict before that little graphic shows on the TV) then I'm in favour of it. My major objection to goal-line technology has been the potential for slowing the game down and giving advertisers (for example) a way to begin to fragment the action for their own ends... but this looks promising.

EDIT: And on Tevez, quite seriously, it's a gonna be a fairly one-dimensional front line for United if the move goes through. As good as Rooney and Tevez are (although Tevez still has some convincing to do IMO), they're from the same stock. Sure, Ronaldo has height and can score with his head, but he's a winger. United, if they were to go without actual height in their attack, need someone like Cahill who isn't tall but has a gift for timing his leaps to absolute perfection. Neither Rooney or Tevez can do that. Their gifts are on the floor. Gerrard and Lampard doesn't work for England, and I wonder if Rooney and Tevez together might encounter a similar problem.

6. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Everton. If I try and understand english football league stuff, will we become friends?

7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    You don't need to put yourself out. I would want to be friends anyway. [face_dancing]

8. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    *whew* 'Cause I'd have way too much catching up to do. :p

Now we just need a cool handshake.

9. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Yep. Totally in favour of it, Ev, if it can be fast.
    Wenger has been an advocate for some time now, but my fear was the same as yours.

Re: Tevez/Rooney, I see what you're saying, but I have to say that I was a little scared by the potential line-ups that the papers were looking at this morning. It gives Fergie so many options in terms of which formation they choose to play.

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    [image=http://www.cs.miami.edu/~tptp/Seminars/MathsInTPTP/GIFs/Handshake.GIF]

11. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005

That's just...beautiful! *sniff*

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Options are fine, but options are borne of variation. Saha's still knocking around, sure, but he's gonna be getting fewer and fewer games next season if Tevez does sign. Tevez and Rooney are, I'd say, too similar. Whatever combination you play them in they're going to want to inhabit the same space. I'd be far more frightened of United's options if they'd been able to lure Torres to Old Trafford.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.