main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Every body sound off!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by morpheus1977, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morpheus1977

morpheus1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2005
    Is every body safe??

2. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    FYI...People have been updating on the other site.

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Thoughts and prayers of the SVRF are with our brothers and sister in the San Diego area.

[face_praying]

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Robert, we've been doing updates on the www.sandiegofanforce.com website.

But a recap:

Evacuated people:
    Myself
    Kat & Jon
    Sue
    Brian (rockhammer)
    Brendan
    Sam

Donna, Edgar, and I'm not sure who else are still on alert.

We're hanging in there, though!

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks for the update, Miana.

Sending postive thoughts to all of you down there. Stay safe!!

6. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm in Point Loma. Still okay down here.

--MissPadme

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    if it gets to point loma, it means we're all pretty screwed...

we went grocery shopping tonight, and it seemed smokier when we finished shopping than when we left the house.

8. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    It smells, starting to burn my eyes and is getting hard to breath. It sucks.

9. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Quick recap...
    We are at my brother and SIL's house in Winchester along with my parents who were also evacuated from Rancho Penasquitos. We've got the kids and the cats and whatever we could think of to grab that we can't replace (baby books, photos etc and so on). We will miss the fish is anything were to happen ut I wasn't about to try to pack them LOL
    We forgot our cats medicine in the end which has me worried about what we forgot but it's a little late now. Jon's trooper armour had to be left behind in the end because we couldn't make it fit for the life of us and in the end it can be replaced.
    Our neighbor checked on the houses today and checked in with us. They are still standing and are OK at this point. Apparently there is a new fire in Rincon that's not all that far. I have no idea what the details are on that.
    I have to buy a new charger for my cell phone today but I have it with me if you want/need to reach me. PM me for the number if you don't have it or check the SDFF private boards as it's posted over there.
    For the sake of the kids we're trying to treat this like a family vacation. They're taking is a bit hard. I'm not taking it the best to be honest.
    I have net access here but I'm not on it as often as at home.
    Take care everyone and stay safe!! And keep us posted.

10. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Kat,
    Now you're in my neck of the woods (Hemet/San Jacinto). We're still digging out and recovering from the high wind and sandstorm damage, but will manage. If there's any way I can help you and your family, please let me know. I'm not far away.

11. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Those winds were knocking the minivan like crazy headed up here! Sand is a bit less destructive than fires so I can manage that LOL

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    From one fire frequented area (Santa Clarita) to another, best wishes with all of you down in the San Diego area

13. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    (for all of my non-RL friends) Amber & I are OK. My Mom & her friend Jamie are going to be staying with us for a while. (they live in the RB area) And their house is just right across the bridge from the blazing flames in Rancho Bernardo. My brother, sister & their spouses were evacuated away from their condos in Sabre Springs & Rancho Penasquitos. I am just grateful that everyone is ok & safe.

14. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    JErms is alive... although I nearly evacuated twice and the air in my part of Escondido sucks...
    JERMS/TK-3633

15. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    Does anybody know how these fires started??????

16. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Pamoocha/Mt. Palomar started as a structural fire.
    I've only heard causes for about 4 of the fires regionwide.

17. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    The Witch fire started as downed power lines east of Ramona on Sunday, October 21. I don't know about the Harris fire.

18. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Our thoughts and hopes are with you all, be safe and well.

19. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I heard rumours of arson at one point.
    I only knew about the power lines for one.

20. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Checking to see how you are all doing. Take care.

*hugs*

21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm going to be returning to Del Mar tonight. The air is actually breathable!!

22. TKWinterhawk

TKWinterhawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    Hey All,

We evac'd Monday and returned home yesterday, everyone is doing well and we are slowly trying to get back to normal.

Thanks everyone!

23. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Hi all (particularly Donna and Rachel, please post update elswhere if appropriate...)

Cherie and I called Sue Dawe's house last night, figuring that "if the answering machine picks up, the house is still there..."

Sue herself answered -- she and Michael are back home, the horses are still at Del Mar in equine holding. The fire got pretty close to their property, but they are now home and people and animals are all safe.

Thanks.

Mary-SPJ

Edit: ALSO, anyone in SD County area with horse care experience is asked to get in touch with the Del Mar Fairgrounds, they need volunteers at to help feed, water, muck out, etc. the horses being held there. It is better if people from out of the SD/OC county areas DON'T come down, simply so as to not 'add to the problem.' So if anyone knows someone available who has the experience, please refer them. I'm sorry I don't have the contact info, but the fairgrounds should. One of Sue's students is taking care of hers, so that's covered.

24. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    As posted on the other forums, Sue never left Ramona at all. She never made it past the high school on Sunday night and decided to stick it out.

She left this morning for Manitoba, Canada as the artist guest of honor at a convention there.

25. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    We got back last night after an adventure that I never ever want to repeat!
    Our house is fine as are we :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.