main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Every Shade of Black - songfic vig - Anakin's nightmares about Padme ::please read!::

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by little_miss_jedi, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little_miss_jedi

little_miss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2005
    Title: Every Shade of Black
    Author: little_miss_jedi
    Characters: Anakin, Padme
    Timeframe: ROTS. I?m assuming I don?t need to put in a spoiler warning here.
    Summary: This is what I perceive as Anakin?s nightmares about Padme. Done in response to the ?Melt With You? songfic challenge.
    Disclaimer: Lyrics of Melt With You go to Bowling For Soup (what a name, hey?) and everything else to George Lucas.

Moving forward using all my breath,
    Being friends with you was never second best,
    And I saw the world crashing all around your face,
    Never really knowing it was always mesh and lace.

?Anakin?Anakin, please, help me!?

He tries to reach her, but he can?t see?what?s happening? He can hear her call, but he can?t put a face?a name?to her voice. He knows that she is special to him, that they breathe as one?

?Please, Anakin, please!? her cries are shrill and filled with a pain that he cannot understand the depth of. What is hurting her? Her screams ring in his ears?

Then he hears a wail?the wail of a baby, of a child?

Padme! He tries to call her name, tries to tell her that he is here and he will help her, but he can?t hear his own voice?

Dream of better lives, the kind which never hate
    Trapped in a state of imaginary grace,
    I made a pilgrimage to save this human's race
    Never comprehending a race that's long gone by?

She is dying?dying and he can?t reach her. He tries calling again, an anguished shout to whoever will listen, but once again he can?t hear himself. He can still hear Padme, though. Her screams are torn from her throat. No amount of medicine can take her pain away. She will die?she will die, and somehow he will have to live on without her?

Someone has to be able to save her...someone?why can nobody hear him? Why is he the only one who can hear HER? Her screams are enough to make anyone wake from the deepest sleep?

Deepest sleep?

Nightmare?

It?s all a dream?

Is it?

I'll stop the world and melt with you
    You've seen the difference and it's getting better all the time
    And there's nothing you and I won't do
    I'll stop the world and melt with you?

He tries reach out again, he tries to touch her. Now his vision is clearing. He can see her, he can see Padme on a long table, wearing a white shift?screaming? screaming his name. A part of him knows she doesn?t know he is there?

?Anakin?ANAKIN!?

He reaches for her again, but again, it is like he is too far away. Why? Why? This is all so, so wrong. He can feel her pain, piercing his heart. Her breathing is erratic and so is his. They are breathing as one, his life is all that sustains hers.

But still, she is dying.

I?ll stop the world and melt with you?

He wants to stay with her forever, even if it means dying. He wants to see her smile again?he is so tortured by her pain that he forgets what her smiles look like.

Please, he thinks desperately. Let her live? by the will of the Force, let her live?

Let her live?

I?ll stop the world?

He reaches out to her again, and again?

I?ll stop the world?

She still screams for him. He stretches his arm out further?

?Anakin, help me!?

Reaching?

But then she disappears from his view, as quickly as a blinking eye, and all he can see is black?every single shade of black?

But still, he keeps reaching out, stretching, aiming to grab onto something that is no longer there.

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    [face_worried] Poor Anakin--I can't imagine how many horrible nightmares he had like that in the early days as Darth Vader. Somehow I don't think it worked like night and day. There had to be some lingering aspects of his old life that hung around in his dreams before he became the true Darth Vader we recognize.

Lovely songfic! It fit the song very well. Good job! =D=

3. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    She is dying?dying and he can?t reach her. He tries calling again, an anguished shout to whoever will listen, but once again he can?t hear himself. He can still hear Padme, though. Her screams are torn from her throat. No amount of medicine can take her pain away. She will die?she will die, and somehow he will have to live on without her?

Someone has to be able to save her...someone?why can nobody hear him? Why is he the only one who can hear HER? Her screams are enough to make anyone wake from the deepest sleep?

Deepest sleep?

Nightmare?

It?s all a dream?

Is it?

That was so haunting, so chilling and forboding.
    *shivers*
    I like it!

4. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Let her live?c

I?fll stop the world?c
    But still, he keeps reaching out, stretching, aiming to grab onto something that is no longer there.

That was really good. I think you really captured Anakin's feelings, and those lines above really drove it home. I am not good with responses (sorry!), but I believe that you wrote an amazing, yet heartbreaking fic. Everytime I read any type of these sort of Anakin stories in regards to his dreams, I just shake my head. Tragic. Stupid Palpy. And if he could trust Padme more..arg!

Ok...I am babbling and starting to rant now! :)

Excellent job and keep up the great work!!!

5. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    This is so well done! You really captured the despair that Anakin felt, not being able to save Padme, his pain after all he had done.

Wonderful!=D=

6. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    =D= Wow. An amazing songfic. The words really fit.

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Heart wretching viggie, though I can't exactly say Anankin didn't deserve the nightmares. :(

8. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Wow, that was intense!

Great job describing the emotion behind Anakin's nightmares. My heart was breaking for him with every single line - and great song choice!!!

=D= =D= Bravo, little_miss_jedi!

9. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    great response to the SongFic Challenge Thread!!! awesome work, and haunting imagery!! excellent work, l_m_j!!! :)

10. little_miss_jedi

Aug 6, 2005
    WOW! So many replies!!

I haven't got much time, so I won't do individual replies. But thankyou so much to EVERYONE for reading and commenting!

I've always wanted to write something about Anakin's nightmares. A nice, angsty topic full of emotions to poke at. So I figured I may as well put it in a songfic, like I do everything else!

thanx again :)

@};- little_miss_jedi

11. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    That was so heartbreaking. :_| You captured Anakin's fears so well.

Beautifully done!

12. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Simply superb. It was so poignant and heartbreaking. :(

=D= =D=

13. little_miss_jedi

Aug 6, 2005
    Gina & Vaders Mistress: Thankyou for the kind words!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.