main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Every Tear That Fell (pre-ANH, Obi-angst, one post, Obi's POV)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth_Solent, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Hello all, I've decided to post a short story before the forums are split! I know I'm cutting it close, but it's either now or never for me. Hope you enjoy!

<~>~<~>~<~>

Timeframe: about nine years pre ANH
    Summary: Obi's thoughts after spending ten years on Tatooine protecting Luke.
    Disclaimer Nope, own nothing, but Master Jovita.

<~>~<~>~<~>

Every Tear That Fell

No more tears.

No more ways for comfort.

Nothing.

It was said by ancient Jedi that when one weeps they release their emotions, and every tear there afterwards is a source of comfort. The wetness on my cheeks and in my eyes gave me little comfort, yet it was better than none. The tears told me that I wept for those lost, those gone, and those that would never arise again. Silently the tears whispered all would be all right in time.

They were right, I realized after many tears. I thought they would go on forever; never have an end, yet here I am, sitting in my hut on the desert-planet Tatooine staring at the dust-blanketed floor. No tears filled my eyes for once. No pain ached within my chest at the loss. All that filled my heart and mind was emptiness. Odd how something such as emptiness can fill one?s mind. However I suppose it is not so odd once meditated upon. Nothing is odd, impossible, or ridiculous. Everything has a meaning.

If the tears went on forever, then forever has come and gone, for now I raised my gaze towards the sunset horizon with tearless eyes. The flame sky mingled slowly with the color of twilight that soon became midnight-shadows. Tan sand covered all land in every direction. The vague remembrance of soft blades of grass was now fading from my memory. Memories of cool oceans and lakes were only a past thought.

Time plays tricks on the mind and wears down the memories of the past. I have stayed on Tatooine for ten years already and have began to wonder whether or not the Jedi, my training, Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, the Temple, Coruscant, all things that once I knew were sure, were true or just a dream.

?Dreams will pass with time,? the voice of one dead long ago echoed in my mind, however was it said in a dream or in life? The voice I recognized as Qui-Gon, but it was so long ago.

I sighed once more, tearing my eyes from the sunset and glanced around my home. Home. Did I really have one? I feel as one who has lost their memory, but I have not. No, the memories of my training still haunt me vividly, yet do not attack as they did, only wait for me to draw them out of their hidden chamber within my mind, for they know there is nothing else to meditate on. Sometimes though the past is a mystery to me, A very real mystery.

?When will everything become right?? I questioned myself aloud, for I knew there was no one for miles on this planet. The shadows, sand, and wind were the only witnesses of my pointless chatter.

?When you don?t like what you have, wait for a moment and it will change,? another dead Jedi instructed me. ?The only thing you can be sure that will not change is change itself. Life is bound by change. It is the only way we learn,? she finished, and I chuckled silently. My life had changed as fast as the galaxy spins. There is no going back. Time is one-way. Always now looking into the future, once now is completed we are unable to retrace our steps.

Master Jovita was wise with her chosen words when she taught, because everything changes with time for good or for worse. With me it was for the worse. It was always for the worse, yet I will not complain. No, I cannot waste my life complaining about something I have no control over. I will accept it. Accept it and pray it would, in the end, come out for good.

No such hope existed within this galaxy. If any thought it could not get any worse then at that moment it storms. We never expect the simple, only the obvious. We expected the Sith to return in full-force with an Order much like the Jedi Order, yet they sneaked in through cunningness. It

2. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    This was very good. you should put more stories up. :) I will be waiting to read more you your great stories here. :D

3. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    masterobiwankenobi - Thanks! As for posting more stories...I'll have to think about it. ;)

((Solent))

4. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Excellent! I had a few minutes to spare at lunch, glad I found your story. Very meanginful...and sad. Nice job.

Obi

5. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Wow, that was beautiful. Sad, too. :_| I really look forward to reading more of your work! :)

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Very, very good. Excellant story and nice emotional angst too :)

DO you have any more stories?

Kithera

7. SilentSith

SilentSith Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Great story!! Very sad.

SilentSith

8. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Obi the Kid - Thank you, and I'm glad you found it also. ;)

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan - Thanks! :)

Kit' - Thank you. As for having more stories, yes. I've posted several other vignettes (all of which I have the links inside my profile), and I am preparing a few other (somewhat longer) stories. However, I'm waiting for the boards to be split before I post anything long.

SilentSith - Thanks.

((Solent))

9. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Nicely written. Obi-Wan is going to have a long, lonely wait on Tatooine. It will be hard to pass that much time with so many memories of what was and feeling helpless to change anything.

I personally could not live without rain. It is life giving and cleansing. You did great describing that.

I am glad you posted, I have been checking back on you regular. I enjoyed all your other short stories also. Welcome back. :)

10. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Altaira - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy all my stories. :) Also, thanks, it's great to be back. I hope to post my next story sooner than before.

((Solent))

11. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Wow Master another great fic. Poor Obi. :_|

Vely

12. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Velvet_Elfin :) Thanks!

Up!

((Solent))