main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It would be dumb and make no sense to have young Obi Wan as a ghost.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think a hologram from the past would be awesome. I would like to see some OT-PT connections like Denning used in Tatooine Ghost. A child of Luke's could somehow find an old hologram or several old holograms of Obi-Wan. (Or Luke himself could, but I don't think the Big Three should be the main characters.)

I also think he could be a Force-ghost if necessary; they would have to age him a bit but it could be done. Ewan will be 44 by the time Episode VII premiers; Sir Alec was 57 in ANH.

3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    assuming it's relavent, I think its the best option. would love to see him age makeup-ed or inverse-tron-ed old obi-wan. I think Ewan carried E2 &E3, so I'd like to see him back.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    [​IMG] ?

5. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I think the aging him to look like Sir Alec can be done. Look at behind the scene videos from ROTS and you'll see they did some minor make-up FX to make him look more like the Obi-wan of old. I'm sure an awesome overhaul can make it look convincing.

6. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Yep, and if they have him all shimmery and blue, and maybe off in the distance (ala hoth ghost ben) then they could pull it off quite convincingly :)

7. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd love to see him return as old ben and that's my favorite character and I respect both actors equally. But his voice wouldn't really be correct for the role.

8. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
  9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Strange how it's not disrespectful to Shaw to have him replaced by a younger ghost, Hayden. And he did appear as an old ghost, the way he "was" when he died. So one could say it is equally as valid to have Ewan play a young Force ghost.

(BTW, I'm one who argues for the Shaw ghost.)

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Also I say wait a few years until the ST is done and bring back Ewan McGreggor as a fully-fledged and alive Obi-Wan in "The Crazy Old Hermit Years" movie. The title might need a change, but, y'know.

11. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I understand your argument, but if Shaw appeared as Anakin Skywalker truly was at his moment of death, he technically should only have one arm and no legs. He was a crippled shadow of his former self.

12. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It's also nice that he hit the barber shop and Burlington Robe Factory.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Obi-Wan never fell to the dark side.

14. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Ok I'm trying not to read too much into this one, but did anyone else get the impression that maybe this trilogy was no surprise to Ewan because Lucas told him he was planning three more back when they were making the prequels? He even told Mark Hamill the same thing when they were making the OT. This makes me wonder if despite what he's said publicly, Lucas has actually never changed his mind about making them and has had ideas for them all along, even if they've evolved over time which they most assuredly have. Ewan was awfully certain that Lucas's involvement wouldn't be as minimal as Lucas is claiming.

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    If they have need for a hologram or a force ghost make him look old but please no to a young one.

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Until there's a story, then a screenplay, none of us know if there will even be a Luke and/or Obi-Wan (Force ghost or not).

But no harm in wishing. ;)

TreborSabreon and Veloz like this.
  17. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes. The actual hologram that warned the Jedi to stay away from the temple, if featured, would need to use Ewan

JainaSoloYJK and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Holocron or security footage of obiwan going into a brothel on his day off

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I always thought that Obi-Wan might have spent those 20 years in the desert making some videos and such to record some of the history of the Jedi, since the Temple was destroyed. I mean, what else would he do with 20 years? I would love for Luke to find some of those things, to see a younger Obi-Wan leaving these messages. Even ones more directly meant for him.

20. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I don't see why people think Having Ewan McGregor is a bad idea? It's not like he'd play a "young" Obi-Wan. They could make his force ghost look older, almost just like Alec Guiness. I think it would be fantastic.

Guiness was 61 in ANH. McGregor will be 44 when Episode 7 comes out. It really wouldn't take much to age McGregor 17 years to play Obi Wan. Personally I don't see why they wouldn't.

TreborSabreon, Veloz and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  21. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

"Luke, if you're watching this then I guess that whole thing about Anakin 'bringing balance to the Force' went pretty well. However, if you did NOT see your father's Force Ghost, please insert Holocron 2B at this time. "

22. Jedi Master Kenobi

Jedi Master Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    I just love Ewan as Obi Wan so much that it would be great if they could make it work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veloz likes this.
  23. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    He was the best thing in the PT! I wouldn't watch McGregor Obi Wan's holograms etc as you just know he has a library full of him getting jiggy, with all sorts. Mad shagger ha,ha.

24. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    In Buddism, before you go into your next life you become the image of yourself, you were in your prime! Imagine the dead Jedi's had been working on reincarnation ;p

25. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    The should have let MGregor use his Scottish accent as young Obi Wan and it could have become more Alec Guiness like as part of his years of negotiating. It would have made him a bit more edgier!