main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    In fact, the downfall of the Empire had little-nothing to do with Luke, Leia, or Anakin. They did not save the galaxy.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Will Hayden Christensen be in Episode 7/ST?

I most certainly hope not.

3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Why not? He was so good looking. Aside from that, it's kinda cool for Luke to see his father. What do you have against Anakin's force ghost talking to an older Luke? Mark hamill and hayden in the same movie. Hayden was never truly recognized as luke and leia's father, or more accuratley, mark hamill and carrie fisher's character's father.

[​IMG]

4. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    "He was so good looking."

Maybe for a while.

Anyway, objectivley I don't think it's necessary. Having Anakin's Force ghost chatting with Luke would kinda diminsh the value of those precious few moments Luke had with not Vader, but Anakin at the end of ROTJ.
    On a more personal note (which I'm sure some people will wholeheartedly disagree with) Hayden's "acting" made me cringe most of the time. I do admit he had some great moments, and I am willing to keep an open mind to him working better under a different director.
    I mean, look at Natalie Portman under Lucas and Natalie Portman elsewhere.

Anyways, I don't want the ST to have too many tie-ins with all the other movies. Of course they must exist, but don't overdo it. The main focus should be on going forward - not on proving that it really is the continuation of the Saga by stuffing it full of cameos.

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What you do mean not with Vader but with Anakin? Anakin and Vader are the same person, like peter parker and spiderman. Anakin did not get possessed by some cosmic entity called darth vader, like phoenix and jean grey in x men. Darth Vader was anakin's title. Vader wasn't some being possessing anakin, vader was anakin.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I was one of the people who actually liked Anakin but I do not want him in VII.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If Anakin's force ghost does appear and Hayden isn't playing him who would? Sebastian Shaw died almost 18 years ago.

8. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Dude, you make it seem like what I'm saying is so unreasonable. Yoda says to obi-wan at the end of ROTS that qui-gon has returned from the netherworld of the force to give him some training. Check out wookiepedia on netherworld of the force and force ghost if interested. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_ghost http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Netherworld_of_the_Force

Also, you say you don't get how Luke is a new hope. Episode 4 is named a new hope after the fact that "the boy is our only hope". If it were not for Luke, Vader and the emperor would have still been ruling the galaxy. Sure Luke didn't have an epic beatdown of the two sith lords, but it was the Father's love for his son that caused Vader to kill his master.

9. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Also, yoda makes it clear that "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." and the force ghost are clearly some sort of after life.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This.

As for the rest of the thread...did anybody bring popcorn? This should be rather entertaining.

JainaSoloYJK and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  11. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Star Wars was not good for Hayden's career (in terms of prestige).

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think the whole "Force ghosts advising people" phenomenon dies (pun intended) with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

I could sort of see Anakin advising one of his descendants against making the mistakes that he made, but I'd rather see all new dangers and all-new heroes making mistakes (or avoiding mistakes) rather than new Skywalkers with the same temptations that their grandfather or great-grandfather had.

If they do include Anakin, I don't know who would play him--neither Hayden Christensen nor Matt Lanter fit the "wise old mentor" role that the Force ghosts have generally filled.

13. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    And nobody really looks enough like Hayden.

14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Actually it doesn't. :)

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Posting fail--I meant "I hope," not "I think."

And I was leaving out EU; I know Anakin appears to Leia in Truce at Bakura.

16. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    It really depends on the part. If there is a lot of speaking parts the role will be different than Shaw's was. I doubt this happening though because George Lucas intended to have Hayden in ROTJ and I don't think they'd go back on that even now that they own the rights.

17. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Jon Stewart.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    If done right, it would really tie everything together beautifully, especially if the upshot of his bad deeds was to spend some time helping guide his son and other Jedi to the light, as penance. Hayden would be great in this role. He did the quieter scenes better.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  19. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    nobody

20. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    It really should be Hayden Christensen. Like him or not, he's Anakin. If Hayden isn't playing him, it shouldn't be recast. An alternative could be to not show a ghost and just use the disembodied voice of James Earl Jones.

21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    It should be Hayden I agree. I would love it if Anakin had to reappear to help Luke guide him towards completing his own redemption and rebuilding of the things he helped destroy.

But I would start off just the voice. Anakin is trapped with no force ghost. Luke has to help him attain that.

22. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    If Hayden isn't going to be in that role, they might as well not even have a Force ghost of him. Like it or not, he is the character, and recasting for that would be silly since it would probably be no more than a bit part.

23. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree. No recasting. Hayden would be fine. Hamill is no Olivier for force's sake.

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh please, please, please!!! I hope not.

25. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    CG up me some Sebastian Shaw, kkthxbai.

Obviously not going to happen, but I can dream.