main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Force ghosts are not physical and are therefore not bound by the same exact physical laws and limitations for appearance and they can walk through walls and teleport and things like that.

2. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    It wasn't presented as an expert opinion, just an illustration, that even to a child most PT CGI was terrible and cartoonish! Thanks for your informative feedback none the less.

3. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Yes that is a totally realistic scenario that a grown man would tell and infant to hate CGI. I'd wager that he is a balanced human being and actually has a life. I don't have an issue with CGI other than when it is overused and looks like whack ass cartoon.

fishtailsam likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well I don't like that you liked that he went out like a punk.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Windu would serve little purpose in the ST given Luke & co wouldn't know who he is.

The only part I can see would be as some form of old holorecording as Jackson suggested, a one-armed ghost would be dumb.

6. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Luke, I can't get Degobah Park back online.

7. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Well, I don't like that you don't like that he liked that he went out like a punk. :p

We can play this game all day, kids!

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Going out like a punk is being shot in the back by a couple of clones. His death was part of one of the movie's climax.

-NaTaLie- and Count Yubnub like this.
  9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well I suppose his death was nowhere near as silly as Professor X's in X Men 3.

10. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, but this brings up a logistical nightmare. If Mace's hand can come back then where is Vader's arm from Geonosis? Also, are legs allowed to come back, because Anakin lost both of them? Then again, what is the statue of limitations for limbs coming back because Luke lost his hand like 20 years later. And do non-Jedi limbs return? I ask because then we could have Zam Wessel's arm come back as well as Ponda Baba's. Lastly, do heads count? Maybe if Boba Fett can't come back his dad's head could.

11. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Just imagine all the creepy places Count Dooku's hands have been...

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I know! The villain of the ST is just a bunch of disembodied limbs attached to Dooku's head!

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Is it going too far to bring in Darth Maul's severed bottom half?

Lord_Tuvitor and Echo-07 like this.
  14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Perhaps these are "the other movies" George Lucas was talking about in that video on D-Day???

15. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Perhaps Mace had himself frozen in carbonite to hide from the Emperor.

16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    My kids don't think it looks fake at all. I bet it's because, as my children, they've learned some of my likes and dislikes, and can identify with them. The same is probably true of Simon Pegg's kid. Ever seen the original Star Wars in its original form? Of course you have. Are you telling me that Walrusman's arm on the floor looks less fake than the CGI in the prequels?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    THE
    The prequels look fake. Almost everything in them... There is a reason why the films were universally canned, and the cgi is always presented as one of the problems!

Give me puppet Yoda any day of the week. Atleast they could never have done leaping frog Yoda on drugs with it... *shakes head*

Han Shot First likes this.
  18. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    His arm? I can't stop looking at the balls on his chin! And yes it does look more realistic than the entire Gugan army, the Battle of Geonosis, the corridors of the Jedi Temple and the Cloning facility.

19. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    This guy... this guy knows! Look at the work on Men In Black 3, puppet's, with added, subtle CGI, not a whole trilogy that looks like a sophisticated Space Jam!

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Rubber Dewbacks with poles in their heads look fake, CGI ones look better.

Bumpy landspeeder with fudged-out wheels is not as good as SE version which actually floats above the ground.

CGI is not the issue, if it's good.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The PT films were not actually "universally canned". And regarding CGI, yes there were parts that relied on CGI too much, but there were other parts that made great use of it. Also, there were many real physical sets used in the PT, too... just as many as in the OT, IIRC.

22. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Oh man... The jedi temple scene where Mace, Yoda and Obi are talking is horrible. And the scene in the cloning facility where obi is talking to whateverhisnameis (lama su?) is flat out unwatchable!

23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah, not at all...:rolleyes:

They were masterpieces that the Academy recognised... The acting was brilliant, the cgi was top notch and the story stimulating!

Han Shot First likes this.
  24. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Man that is so fake looking. People bang on about the space battle at ROTS, it looks like a video game trailer, next to the space battle in ROTJ, made in 1983 no less, which is still unsurpassed, in any film! I can handle good GGI mixed in with real backgrounds and real actor's and extra's. The PT looks almost identical to some of the Clone Wars cartoon FFS!

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They got mixed reviews, not across-the-board bad ones.

The Academy was never likely to recognise Lucas anyway, they hate the idea of an independant director doing well without needing Hollywood.
    The PT had some pretty dodgy CGI parts, but that happens in quite a few films these days.

Some of the visuals in TCW are better than the PT.