main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    lol. Very true.

I can just imagine all the agents sitting watching the announcement reaching for the phone the moment the words 'Episodes 7, 8, and 9' came out.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I like the title. It's very fitting.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    But, he didn't *believe* him. He even said that if what Anakin had told him was true, he'd have his trust. Up to the end, he doubted him. When Anakin burst into Palpy's office, he saw Mace kicking an old man while he was down and unwilling to let him live. Mace, at that moment, represented what Anakin saw as wrong with the Jedi Order. Mace relied too much on this "prophecy" hoo-hah anyway.

Now there is a Threadmerge, and all has been retconned into a discussion of who wants to be in Episode 7. So, any new suggestions for who's donning robes or white tights in the new flix?

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He also said: then our worst fears have been realized. His behavior upon entering Palpatine's office shows that he was not very much in doubt.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I tried to see if this had been posted anywhere, and the thread regarding actresses in the sequel trilogy had been locked. Let me know if this has already been posted...

Star Wars has a long tradition of actors openly expressing interest in roles, from Sam Jackson (who got a part) down to, more recently, others like Sir Derek Jacobi. I don't recall a lot of actresses openly expressing interest though (Natalie Portman knew nothing of Star Wars before being cast).

The BBC series 'Merlin' has ended recently and Katie McGrath, who plays Morgana, has now stated she'd love to have a part in the sequel trilogy: http://www.thefancarpet.com/NewsPage.aspx?n_id=6805

She seems to have a great enthusiasm for Star Wars, and I'd love to see her get a role!

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Yes and I would also like a Role in Episdoe VII like most other people too .

Echo-07 and Trask Ulgo like this.
  7. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    This proves she has a smart agent and wants a good career.

8. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Can we have average-looking people too?

9. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Are we really desperate to cast an actor or actress who feels the need to bash the prequels in their public plea to be cast in the new movie? Screw that. Pass.

kainee, FRAGWAGON and Billy_Dee_Binks like this.
  10. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    They want a role in Star Wars.

11. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    She looks like an occultist to me actually.

12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

Surely you can be critical of a movie or even a trilogy but still state you would like to be in a future incarnation based on the fact you hope it would be better.

I disliked the prequels but would love a part in a future star wars movie if one were to be magically given to me and I would imagine a lot of actors would feel similar.

Being critical is not a bad thing and maybe if people had been more critical when the prequels had been made maybe they wouldn't have ended up as poor as they did.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

Taaa-daaa! Seriously, this.

No dig at the OP, but you could honestly replace "katie mcgrath" with "any actor/actress with half an interest in boosting their career".

eht13 likes this.
  14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Again, everyone and their mothers wants to be in Star Wars Episode VII.

We can only know though who might actually get the cut when we know what the cast and plot is.

15. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Soo you just got a thread locked for this kind of behaviour and your plan is to just...move it to another thread? You are taking a walk. -Darth Boba

16. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Ewan McGregor was critical of the Prequel Trilogy and he played Obi-Wan Kenobi. Does that discredit his role in Star Wars in any way? I'm not too familiar with Katie McGrath but from what I've seen she's a fine actress and I think she'd do a pretty good job in a Star Wars movie. That's not too say I'd actually want her in one...

17. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Yes, anyone can say whatever they want, but as a prequel fan I am frankly sick and tired of people taking any chance they can get to take a dig at the prequels. Surely there are plenty of good actors out there who at the very least don't feel the need to take a public dig at them even if they feel they were sub par.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It's different, though. Ewan actually had a role. Katie hasn't, and TBH more than likely won't any more than any of the other actors who have expressed interest in being in Episode 7.

19. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Alright let's use Simon Pegg then. He hated the Prequel Trilogy and then did a complete 180 when he was given the opportunity to play Dengar in TCW. Naturally people don't call him out for his (perceived) hypocrisy because he's well...Simon Pegg.

kainee likes this.
  20. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Do we seriously have to hear about everyone who wants to be in Episode VII? If LFL wants them, they will sign for a role. Expressing interest means nothing.

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Before the Actress thread got arbitrarily closed for no good reason I said Katie McGrath = awesomeness and I stand by that assessment! :p

I fully endorse her, and Summer Glau, for Episode VII.

22. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Wait, we already have a thread for this kind of stuff.

Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to be in Ep Vii.

I thought that the other threads got merged because of the redundancy of "______ wants to be in Ep 7" threads. And, no, this isn't "different." It's the exact same.

DarthBoba likes this.
  23. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    Because we all know being in a Star Wars movie is good for your career.

I have no idea who she is, but a woman who's enthusiastic about Star Wars is always a good thing.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm perfectly fine with newcomers or lesser knowns in SW. That's the way it's always been.

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *Threadmerge*