main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I really hope this is not just b.s., Bradley Cooper is my is my second most wanted actor for the ST right behind Michael Fassbender.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Darth Fassbender. Yes, please. Now. No need to even change his name. Literally just call him "Darth Fassbender". Sounds Sith-ish enough.

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    There is a rumor that I am in talks for Ep VII, but that one might be true.

4. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
  6. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah how did this schmuck survive the Machinima layoffs? Also since when does an out of context JJ quote, combined with a release date rumor, equal TOTEZ CONFIRMED RELEASE DATE DELAY!!!1 I hate lazy pop culture journalism. It just makes everyone testy when real sources report news.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That report was awful.

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  8. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I never liked the fellow. He ruined A-Team. I loved that show in the 80s, just like I loved Star Wars.

9. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    He'd make a good smuggler ala Han Solo from the OT, he's got comic timing, charisma, he's leading man material just like Ford.

Palp_Faction and Poor Greedo like this.
  10. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I like Bradley Cooper from his days as Will on Alias, but I'm not sure I see him fitting in Star Wars. With that said he has proven a greater range of ability in recent years and it could work.

I for one think, even if this turns out true, a confirmation on any casting is probably months away. If we were guaranteed a 2015 release then we'd probably have something by the end of March, but where it looks more and more likely it will be 2016 I'm not expecting anything before summer.

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I could see him as a Han type, would not mind him in a SW movie.

KevinM1 likes this.
  12. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    He he going to be the crosseyed wonky eyed Jedi? I can't stand him. Why don't they ask Seth freakin Rogan whiel they're at it? Please!

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Who the heck is Bradley Cooper? Sounds like a serial killer.....o_O

Echo-07 likes this.
  14. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I think he will be a great addition to the SW universe!

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Odds are guys, it's not true. Machimina has a tendency to start rumors, and you can tell by the hyperactive moron in the video I posted it's nothing but thin air. I'm betting that Cooper is taking the Armstrong role, even though he publicly denied it (he wouldn't be the first to do so, McGregor and Star Wars for example). The only reason I posted it was because he defiantly did meet with JJ Abrams regarding a role in one of his upcoming films, though whether it's a film he's directing, writing, or producing no idea. Episode VII is just Abrams biggest project, not his only one.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

If Bradley Cooper defiantly met with JJ Abrams, I cannot imagine Abrams would ever hire him. What kind of director would be given the daunting task of helming Star Wars and allow a defiant actor to be part of the cast? Abrams will want people who actually listen to his direction... not defy him...

17. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Well, when stars defy the director, the director has to defy them back!

[​IMG]

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    JJ Abrams will punish Bradley Cooper's defiance by placing lens flare over his face in every scene in which he appears on camera.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  19. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Does Star Wars need a Situation like this?

[​IMG]

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ask any of my female friends and they will say YES! :)

LawJedi likes this.
  21. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Ask any of my female friends and they will say NO and add that he has date-rape face.

He's inherited the vacancy left by Matthew McConaughey which is essentially just to play himself to varying degrees of his inherent douchey-ness to fit whatever role and take his shirt off. He's not a bad actor; he's not a good one either - same as his predecessor.

I always think back to his appearance on Conan that also had Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (as the primary guest) and how both she and Conan would dryly make fun of him to his face and give each other these knowing looks because of not only how oblivious he was to what was happening, but also to how unaware he was to his own natural flavor of obnoxious and interpreting their smiles, laughter and quips as praise. Good actors aren't that dumb. He gets work because he's safe, not terrible, never challenged and appeals to the Midwest...until about a decade to a decade and a half goes by and the mass awareness of how average he actually has always been comes to fruition.

He's basically Hollywood's current male January Jones.

laurethiel1138 and Echo-07 like this.
  22. DiditAllForTheWookie

DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    He will play Darth Shirtless.

23. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    At first I was thinking he could maybe play Han and Lea's son but he is 37 now, I would think they would go a little younger

24. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    First of all, I think that Khail or whatever is a douche. Anyone agree there?

Secondly, his total denial of 2015 was based on nothing. Of course the story comes first. We all agree. BUT a definitive NO for 2015 has not been issued.

Third, I think Bradley Cooper is the popcorn of acting. All fluff. And it takes a whole bag to fill you up. But I'm not totally against it. I just think this douche's reasoning that Cooper denied being up for the idiotic Armstrong idea automatically means he's up for Episode 7. I can't see BC as a Solo or Skywalker.

Lastly, at least we have some rumors to discuss today between Bradley Pooper and the Yoda spinoff. :p

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I fixed it for you! :D