Speculation Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Panakas_Dawg Force Ghost

star 5
    I have serious man-love for his work. He owned "Fringe" and sold every scene. And he has that "evil/nonAmerican" accent filmmakers like. ;)
  2. bibfortuitous Force Ghost

star 3
    Good actor. He would be a welcome addition to the saga.
  3. Motterman Force Ghost

star 2
    Looks like.... Thrawn?

Hehe... /just sayin
  4. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    Never seen Fringe, but he looks imperial enough for me. :)
  5. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Never seen Return of the King? He was burned to a crisp, and then ran a kilometer before jumping to his death. It was quite memorable.
    Last edited by LawJedi, Feb 5, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    Holy crap! Now I remember where I've seen him. He'd be great. Thanks LJ. Great new avatar, btw. :)
    LawJedi likes this.
  7. Graphic Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    He "feels" right. Was awsome in Fringe, was awsome as Denethor. Would be great to say once, he was awsome in Star Wars too.
  8. Jedifirefly5 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Brad would really be fitting as Cade.Skywalker. Maybe Zoe can be Delilah, she played a blue alien before. :cool:
  9. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    No thanks. Am I the only one who saw The Invention of Lying?
  10. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, I saw Corvette Summer and Guyver, and I still want Mark Hamill back. ;)
  11. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't really know him but he looks menacing I would say. Also, h'es not a Big time "houshold name."
    Darth Chiznuk and DarthBreezy like this.
  12. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    Just for you ;)

[IMG]
  13. The Bops Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    OH GOD - Corvette Summer was bad... That movie wouldn't end.
  14. The Bops Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hey, if I have to have an Alias alum, I'm taking Jen Garner. :)
    Echo-07 likes this.
  15. johnrain39 Jedi Master

star 1
  16. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Hey the first casting rumor of SW7! Lets get ready for about a hundred of these. Oh this should be fun :D
  17. Graphic Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Whats about Chloe Moretz and the Hangover Guy?
    Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  18. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Dammit....well I guess this is the first casting rumor with a JJ connection
  19. darthtuttle Force Ghost

star 4
    But to be thrawn, he would have to change his hair color. I like his hair color just the way it is.
  20. janstett Force Ghost

star 3
    He played Walter Bishop, a man who was numb, evil, and abusive in the name of science, who has been institutionalized for 30+ years and is quite crazy but still brilliant. Loved the character.
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 5
    His main character wasn't numb & evil. He was a cheerful but eccentric "mad scientist". His other self from the alternate universe, nicknamed Walternate was quite bitter & nasty though
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  22. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Fringe is a great show, John Noble is an even greater actor. He doesn't have the look of a Sith Lord though, but an imperial Grand Moff (Make it happen LFL!)
    Last edited by KED12345, Feb 6, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk and Graphic like this.
  23. C Creepio Force Ghost

star 3
    How come every time a new actor is linked to the movies the kneejerk reaction is that he or she will play a character from the EU????!!! My opinion on the EU aside, one of the great things about the Star Wars movies is that with every new movie came an entirely original group of new characters....Lando, Fett and Yoda in ESB, Jabba and Ackbar in Jedi, etc. etc.....I for one would like to see (and fully expect to see) a whole new crop of BRAND NEW CHARACTERS THAT WE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF. New characters to fall in love with or hate.

Because I guarantee you this: if they did use EU characters, a great bunch of EU fans would be disappointed because "he wasn't like that in the book" or "that's not how I imagined him" or any other complaint that shows how the character wasn't right.
    Chels, The Bops, JainaSoloYJK and 2 others like this.
  24. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Before seeing Silver Lining Playbook I would have laughed at the idea. Now I think he has some serious acting skill, but I still don't really see a fit in SW. Who knows, though, this is all pretty much wild speculation.
  25. laurethiel1138 Force Ghost

star 4
    If John Noble is indeed in talks for a role, I'm very happy about it. I thought he did a fantastic portrayal of Denethor, and it'd be great to have an actor of his calibre in a SW movie. As for a character, I'd see him play someone like Pellaeon, a highly-placed Imperial military type, whom the heroes would mistrust at first but who would slowly gain their confidence, as the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant strike a tentative peace...

Cheers,
    Lauré :)