main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I like the idea of an female Baddie. And i thought along the tradition to cast one Big Name (at least two) besides the "new unknowns"... i dont know, but Kim Basinger pops up in mind.
    Sadly, she didnt do much anymore.

[​IMG]

Sith Witch? Im totally in with!

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Michelle Pfeiffer can play a mean scary witch. Ever see Stardust?

Echo-07 and jedinightwing like this.
  3. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
  4. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
  5. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Not really a confirmation of anything though or saying they got a part. Just says "They tested for the parts".

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  7. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    I never heard of Alex Pettyfer, but he looks easy on the eye and I wouldn't mind him being in it as long as he can act. I think casting a lot of unknowns in this would work, because we have no preconceived notions (like the miscasting of Affleck as Batman) of the actors. There's so many bad casting choices that could happen, it's scary, but let's just hope they get it right and not mis cast some stars because of demographics etc..

8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Did anyone else notice the last line of that article

What exactly does "coming soon" mean in the LFL / Disney / JJ universe?

9. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I think I saw this Pettyfer guy on TV in I am No 4, as far as I remember he was not that bad, I finished watching the movie at least and don't remember thing: "who is that bad actor?"... Regarding Affleck, I'll wait and see, at least he has a good chin for the role...

10. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Pettyfer was ok in "I am Number 4" and he was also ok in the role of a smaller bad guy in the Timberlake movie "In Time".

He is def a pretty boy but I am not convinced of his acting chops. However, JJ seemms to be able to get pretty good performances out of his actors so if he does get cast, I am not overly concerned.

As far as Batfleck goes, I am thankful he will be too busy to be in EpVII. IMO his range of acting is not very good and while he has written well (see "Good Will Hunting") and directed well (see "Argo"), I find his onscreen performances to be lacking (see "Gigli").

On second thought, I would skip "Gigli". It is a horrible movie.

Gallandro likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    affleck is a good actor. it was daredevil that sucked.

12. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Luke and Leia's destinies were a huge component in overthrowing the Empire. Sure, technically it could have been done without them, but that would be a drastically different set of stories.

13. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Uhhhh no. It's not just Gigli... Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, Saving Christmas... the list goes on and on. Affleck is an average actor, who can sometimes put in good performances (Hollywoodland) when given the right material or director. I've always called Affleck "the cheap man's Matt Damon." Can't get Damon for Daredevil... call Affleck. can't get Damon to play Jack Ryan... call Ben Affleck (these were all rolls Damon was up for and turned down).

Yancy

Echo-07 and CaptainMorgan2013 like this.
  14. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yeah, I was surprised by the guy's screen presence in I Am Number 4. I first saw him and thought, "Great. Here's some other Paul Walker type who got this role because he's handsome but can't act." I came away impressed. He was likable and charismatic. Assertive. Tough when he needed to be. Seemed like a reasonably smart guy.

I'm shocked by the people who don't know who Ryan Gosling is though. Has nobody on this forum ever seen his R-rated classic, "Drive"? It's like the Grand Theft Auto Video Game series brought to life. He's awesome in the movie despite it having very little dialogue. If you like Tarantino movies or Scorsese movies, or the Coen Brothers or any other R-rated artistically done movies you'll love "Drive." He's probably even better in the movie "Half-Nelson" where he plays a drug addicted young Teacher. Gosling is probably one of the more likable, interesting young actors that women seem to like that I can actually watch in a movie and not be annoyed by.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2013/07/the-10-best-ryan-gosling-roles.html

15. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Ryan Gosling?!?!?! My reaction:

When I think Gosling I think... The Notebook. Which leads me to this gem:

"I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling."

That song will be running through my head the entire time during Episode VII if Gosling is cast... please, please go with unknowns.

Yancy

16. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Echo-07 and FRAGWAGON like this.
  17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Nice...angle...I guess.

18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I already said this but I'll say it again -- I wholeheartedly endorse this casting! (IF it happens.)

[​IMG]
    GORGEOUS
    [​IMG]

FRESH

UNKNOWN

5 Stars!!!

Graphic likes this.
  19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I know -- don't double post. BUT I can't edit my last post . . .

One thing that seems to have slipped through the cracks is that it looks like we're going to get a Solo daughter and a Skywalker son but no Solo son . . . .

20. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Zac Efron was reading for the Solo son

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Didn't the person who made that rumor just assume it was a Solo son? I mean we dont know for sure who is auditioning for who or even if there ARE Solo/Skywalker kids. Journalists could just be assuming there is gunna be OT3 kids when maybe there isn't and they are all original characters not related. Basicly: We never know for sure whose auditioning for who . I mean that chick could be auditioning for a skywalker daughter for all we know.
    Example: When Marvel fans and I heard that Lee Pace was auditioning for GOTG we all assumed it was for Star Lord or Adam Warlock. It made sense. They looked alike and it was pretty early on in the casting. Turns out he ended up playing the villain. Poor example? IDK...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    If Mayimbe was right about Gosling and he was up for Luke's son, then maybe Luke's kid is the elder sibling amongst the cousins.

newdawn12 likes this.
  23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    OMG that would be amazing in and of itself!

Think about it -- Han and Leia had a relationship ready to go, as in, be consummated if you catch my meaning. For Luke to produce offspring before Han & Leia would mean his skills as a Jedi are complete indeed! [face_laugh]

Strong in the Force is he. High "midichlorian" count he has.

BTW-- Don't know why my pics aren't showing up ^

So here
    [​IMG]

FinleySlade likes this.
  24. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Ha! I never thought about that. You're right!

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    My mama doesn't want to be in SW. So not 'Everybody'.