main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. JediBill76

JediBill76 Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2013
    Ksenia Solo is interesting. I've seen her on SYFY's Lost Girl and she could fit in SW universe.

2. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Here a an interview of Ksenia Solo from SDCC in 2013 if anyone interested..

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    She's soo sickeningly adorable.
    Here's a what if...what if her and that Hurd wood girl end up playing those two female characters from the casting call? (coarse they'd have to change the characters ages or make them look younger but whatever details). I dont think the world can handle that insane amount of cuteness

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I think she is too cute. An SW Girl should be more of an "Girl next door".
    Like Jena Malone or "something" like that.^^

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would like to see Tatiana Maslani play the part of perhaps a female Jedi. she's an incredible actress-anyone who has seen the Orphan Black series I'm Sure would agree with me...

she may not work as a Skywalker or Solo, but she could still do some great things!

6. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    K, senia, now let's move on.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I senia what you did there.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Ksenia is fine by me as long as she wears dark hair. Can't say I like the dyed-blonde look on her.

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I have no idea who that girl is, except that she sems to be the subject of a growing fan obsession here, apparently for no reason at all.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  10. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Guys remember: Dont get too attached to a certain rumored actor because almost always the actors rumored never get chosen. So if/when she isnt chosen, dont get all pissy cause the hot chick you wanted wasn't cast.

11. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    I have no idea who that girl is, except that she sems to be the subject of a growing fan obsession here, apparently for no reason at all.
    -----------------------------

happens a lot on tfn, you get used to it :p

phatdude1138 likes this.
  12. Graphic

Nov 18, 2012
    Ok, he dont fits the descripton of the NY Casting Call, but Michael Weatherly would be soooo cool.

[​IMG]

13. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Just watched an interview with Ksenia. I like her!

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    It seems as though we get casting rumors almost every other day. Oh who will it be today [face_thinking]

15. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Since there seems to be little wiggle room on new posts, I figured this was the closest, unlocked thread to talk about "female characters and their role in the ST".

I was listing to the latest Forcecast episode with Bonnie Burton and she made a good point about "female characters". I totally want female characters that are strong and good looking. BUT I don't want them over the top or over sexualized. The problem I have with a lot of female characters in modern films is they always are made to be over the top for some reason almost like they are compensating them for being women in the first place. Leia and Padme were tough girls with out the fighting ability. Ahsoka was strong and that was included in her fighting ability. What I liked about Ahsoka was she was powerful but she didn't always come off that way until she was in a battle. Ahsoka was over the top at times, but so was the whole TCW series as animated series gets a pass on that.

I think as unfair as it is, female characters that are "overly tough guys" start to become cheesy if it goes too far. This is NOT a knock at women actors, more of a complement because I feel men (unfairly) get a pass on this. Seriously, could you imagine the movie The Expendables with an all female cast? It's not that there wouldn't be good female actors, it's because the public wouldn't buy off on as easily.

Again, I hope there are good strong characters like Padme, Ahsoka and Leia, but not "over the top"..

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  16. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I will guarantee something: The female lead will most certainly get a lightsaber and help carry the action of the next three films. Irregardless if the Skywalker angle is continued on with a son.....

17. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Cumberbatch made some comments recently on his Star Wars involvement. They pretty much confirm that he has, at the very least, been in discussions of being cast:

“Of course I’d love to do Star Wars and work with JJ Abrams again because we had such a good time on Star Trek,” he says. “But nobody has been cast and there are no offers out to anyone apart from the regulars who are returning. So that’s that rumour quashed.” Then he adds with a grin: “We’ll have to wait and see.”

If they do cast him, I hope its some sort of hero character. Even though I think he would be very good villain, I think it would be type casting. Let him play a good guy...

Immortiss and Gallandro like this.
  18. Graphic

Nov 18, 2012
    Whats up with an familiar Face: Allison Doody

[​IMG]

She declined several Roles from well known Franchises like Matrix or Lord of the Rings.
    Maybe she take the step back to the LFL Family.
    Can totally see her as a Villain (again) or as Lukes Wife. Would be a nice touch anyway.

Immortiss and Echo-07 like this.
  19. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Omar Sharif.. you heard it here first!

Sarge and FRAGWAGON like this.
  20. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    My money is on Matt Smith obviously this is the reason he is leaving Doctor Who :p

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

21. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Don't tease me like that!

Gallandro likes this.
  22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    A name I see often thrown around when it comes to Star Wars is Josh Holloway. A lotta people want him for some smuggler/Han Solo-esque role. Whatever happened to Josh? Its like after Lost came to an end he like vanished. Apart of me just assumes that he transformed into Nikolaj Waldau and joined the cast of Game of Thrones :p

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Josh is doing something called Intelligence. Not sure if its a TV show or a movie.

I miss LOST.

Josh would be pretty great in several roles like Benedict Cumberbatch.

You make some good points. I argued that the ST would be able to sustain having two female leads -- IE Solo & Skywalker daughters. Some argued against that. Honestly, the castings seem to dictate that we'll see two male leads with a female a la the OT, but I also think that girl will be a Solo and she will kickass.

24. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    "Seriously, could you imagine the movie The Expendables with an all female cast?"

i just did, and loved every second of it. salma hayek stole the show as the older hot chick.

25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The reason why the Expendables got its (rather modest) success, was because they put pretty much every action-star of the past in it. If it was just a bunch of random guys doing these things, the movie would have failed utterly. The whole concept of the movie was "look, more action-stars of your past/childhood than you can count!". These type of movies live off name recognition, not from what's actually in them. Most of the actors shot almost nothing but action-movies, you probably wouldn't even find enough female actors who had mostly action-roles, much less made a name for themselves in that type of role. Heck, some of the actors aren't really known for having made good action-movies, but that's not really important.

Every type of character can work, regardless of whether it's male or female. All you need to do is write the role properly and get an actor or an actress to play accordingly. Then you can get away with pretty much everything.