main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012

I have a theory, and speculation. I will quote IMSDB.com for the ROTS script... Notice Anakin's mood swing......

ANAKIN: NO!!!
    Just as MACE is about to slash PALPATINE, ANAKIN steps in and cuts off the Jedi's hand holding the lightsaber.

As MACE stares at ANAKIN in shock, PALPATINE springs to life.
    The full force of Palpatine's powerful Bolts blasts MACE. He attempts to deflect them with his one good hand, but the force is too great. As blue rays engulf his body, he is flung out the window and falls twenty stories to his death. No more screams. No more moans. PALPATINE lowers his arm.

PALPATINE: Power! Unlimited power!

His face has changed into a horrible mask of evil. ANAKIN looks on in horror. PALPATINE cackles.

ANAKIN: What have I done?

ANAKIN sits.

PALPATINE: You are fulfilling your destin, Anakin. Become my apprentice. Learn to use the dark side of the Force.

ANAKIN: I will do whatever you ask.

PALPATINE: Good.

ANAKIN: Just help me save Padme's life. I can't live without her. I won't let her die. I want the power to stop death.

PALPATINE: To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret.

ANAKIN kneels before PALPATINE.

ANAKIN: I pledge myself to your teachings. To the w

PALPATINE: Good. Good. The Force is strong with you. A powerful Sith you will become. Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth . . . Vader.

ANAKIN: Thank you. my Master.

PALPATINE: Rise, Darth Vader.

2. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I just feel like he wouldn't feel like being involved again.

3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    When Anakin sees that he helped to kill Mace windu, he is overcome with regret and sadness, still anakin, still a good person, still the Jedi hero he was.

A minute later, not even, he becomes Vader.

Anakin, still the Jedi hero he is, admits that he is afraid of losing Padme. He is still overcome with grief and shame that he killed Mace windu. Anakin kneels before Palpatine, and at that point, says he will become a sith. A few seconds later, he gets a sith name. Vader. I noticed something wierd with that.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We don't really get to see Anakin's thought process though on screen. I admit Anakin's fall could have been better but if you read the ROTS Novelization by Stover, it gives you insight into Anakin before the change.

5. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Its a 1000 percent full proof that Hayden will be back, he is the face of Star Was as we know it.......

tuskinraiderfromhell likes this.
  6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Hayden Christensen plays Luke Skywalker's father and Princess Leia's father, yet he gets so little recognition. I agree with you.

7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    God no. Horrible idea.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Ehm...the face of Star Wars as we know it? Really?
    I think that's a bit of an overstatement...

9. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    Though I loved Hayden's portrayal of Anakin and I do hope if Anakin is to make a re-appearance in the new trilogy it is with Hayden, I am inclined to agree with Hellhammer...He is not the face of star wars...He is recognized as Anakin Skywalker.

10. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    I hope Hayden returns as a Force ghost! I really do not want to see Han or Leia in the new films. Or even Luke, unless he has a small cameo passing the torch down as the the sprit of Anakin watching on. Helping his son restore what he had broken.

11. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Lets hope not. He was ok as Anakin, but I remember the time leading up to AotC and the all the Anakin casting rumors......a lot of the people mentioned probably would have done a better job.

Lets just leave him in the past.

12. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    It would be the perfect way to tie in the three trilogies to have Anakin have some sort of brief dialogue with Luke. And Hayden isn't a terrible actor. If he has good writing and direction, he can actually be quite good.

And if there are sith in the series (I hope there aren't) Anakin must be involved.

13. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    You'd think he and Luke would have already talked it all over long ago. However, I guess you could explain it away by saying Anakin had never appeared to Luke since Endor where they didn't even speak, because he found it too hard to face him after everything. But, in the ST, decades after his death, he finally comes to Luke (presumably to help him overcome the new threat, whatever that is), and they can have an emotional catch up where Luke can ask all his burning questions. I am sceptical of Hayden's ability to really nail a scene like that though, it would need to be good. Then again, I have actually never seen Hayden in a film outside of SW, can anyone vouch for his acting ability with a script that isn't embarrassingly bad?

14. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004

Vader is the face of Star Wars and Hayden is the face under the mask. I agree. I hope he comes back. Then I'll be excited about the new films.

15. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    The Movies should be about dark times era and hayden should be in the lifesuit. that and a good story would be epic.

anything else is crap.

16. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I thought the "OT cast is too fat" crowd was bad enough, but now people are saying that about Hayden? He worked his ass off to get into ROTS shape, of course he isn't going to look like that unless a film role demands it.

If the script is good, it could be seen as redemption (Not that the bad AOTC script was his fault) in the eyes of critics and fans alike. I'm sure he'd want to reprise the role even if that was the only reason.

17. Solent

Solent Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2001
    The way I understood it, first comes the shock at what he´s done, betraying the Jedi. Then the realization that if it means saving Padmé, then he´ll accept any cost to himself or others. Then Palpatine is absolutely brilliant warning him that he must become ruthless if he´s going to have enough DS power to save Padmé, and sends him to the Temple, ensuring he´ll sink deeper in the Dark Side.

It could be interesting to have Anakin´s ghost appearing in the ST, as he´s probably the only character (film wise, EU wise the DS has a revolting door) with a perspective from both sides of the Force. Could work as a mentor about how not to screw up, and see him as a mature Jedi, something I missed in the PT. Not sure if HC can pull it off though, I liked him as Anakin, but in all his other works I´ve seen he plays someone with serious emotional issues, don´t know if he can pull an aura of wisdom and serenity.

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    If Anakin never helped to kill Mace Windu, he wouldn't have turned to the darkside?

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If Palpatine had been stopped instead then yes he wouldn't have fallen.

20. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    People are seriously saying he's too fat? Really? This:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

is fat?

Jesus, and I thought that Carrie and Mark were being unfairly targeted. Heck, look at his girlfriend -- someone get her a cheeseburger ASAP.

What does it even matter how they look? They're going to be under ten layers of wool robes. It won't matter how toned they are.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing some Hayden and Ian holograms, though. It'd be interesting to see some more moments of them together and I'd like Palpatine to be in this movie (though only in holographic form).

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    She's underweight... Just as bad looking as overweight........

22. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Who knows, and it's just my weird thoughts on it but I really don't think we will see Anakin Skywalker in any form by any actor. Obviously that's just my guess but I just don't see it happening. I guess this is a hard thing to say seeing as how we know absolutely nothing about the story but I just can't imagine a scenario where having FG Anakin adds anything. Obviously I'm pretty much talking out of my butt right now, I just don't see it. Just my 2 credits.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hayden played whiny-angsty Anakin from the prequels. That was the role that Hayden specializes in, and that was "his" Anakin, the young one struggling with the Dark Side. Yeah, I know he got inserted as the Force ghost in ROTJ, I don't want to get into that debate again, especially since I don't have a strong stake in either side.

My point is that unless they're going to do Episode VII during TCW era, which isn't going to happen as far as we know, there's not really a place for Hayden's Anakin in Episode VII. Hayden in his early 30s as a Force-ghost advising Luke in his 50s? Really?

-NaTaLie- likes this.
  24. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I said the same thing in another thread. It's gonna be too weird. Ditto Ewan... probably. Although with a beard and some digital aging he might still pull it off.

25. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Heard a rumor Hayden asked for the role of Anakin in the animated series. The reposnse was basically: "Meh, no thanks".