main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Everybody's Fool" Song-fic (Continuing my Evanescence saga)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Azeria_Jade, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    "Everybody's Fool"

Perfect by nature
    Icons of self indulgence
    Just what we all need
    More lies about a world that
    Never was and never will be
    Have you no shame don't you see me
    You know you've got everybody fooled

He?d once been known by another name, but now, here he was simply known as Ben, the crazy old hermit from the desert. Most of the time he was simply a whisper between vagrants in the street but every now and then he would appear on the sandy streets of Mos Eisley or Anchorhead. He was a wanderer, traveling the Jundland Wastes where only Sandpeople dwelled clad in plain brown robes with a cowl obscuring his face. He kept to himself. No one approached him, no one much noticed him. He drifted, like chaff on the wind.

Look here she comes now
    Bow down and stare in wonder
    Oh how we love you
    No flaws when you're pretending
    But now I know she
    Never was and never will be
    You don't know how you've betrayed me
    And somehow you've got everybody fooled

Obi-Wan despaired. It had been sixteen years since he had parted company with Padme and baby Leia. Sixteen years he had wasted away on the world of Tatooine. He wondered briefly how they were. Leia would celebrating a birthday soon, like her twin brother. Had Padme recovered from the loss of her husband? The betrayal of Palpatine, or one of a dozen other pains she would be bareing. No, of course not. Padme was the type to carry scars for all eternity. He hoped she would somehow find peace. Anakin and Padme?s son Luke was safe with his aunt and uncle, Beru and Owen Lars.

Luke. A child of the future, he would be a powerful weapon to use against the Emperor and his Sith Lord Darth Vader. A time would come when he would be forced to step out of the shadows to explain the truth to Luke. The whole truth. It was not a vision that pleased him.

Without the mask where will you hide
    Can't find yourself lost in your lie

Ben bought his needed supplies, barely a word passing between him and the street vendor. He then vanished back into the desert, his presence barely stirring a ripple in the life of the town.

He had only met Luke once, when he had foolishly crashed his vehicle out in Beggar?s Canyon, a lethal winding of cliffs and rocky ravines. The boy had been knocked unconscious in the crash and Obi-Wan had pulled him to safety. He had then look down upon that face, framed by tousled blond hair. How like Anakin he looked, but there was a softness to Luke?s features that was obviously Padme?s heritage. Ben had watched this boy since his birth, since before his birth. There was a kindness, a compassion deep inside him, wrapped by reckless abandon.

I know the truth now
    I know who you are
    And I don't love you anymore

Luke was growing up surrounded by Beru?s gentle warmth and Owen?s gruff love. He was surrounded by a bubble of ?normal-life?, ordinary friends, ordinary family, working an ordinary job. Guilt swelled in Ben?s chest, for he knew, one day, one day soon he would have to take all that Luke holds dear away from him. He knew it would be a brutal realization for the boy when he was finally confronted with the terrible demons of the past and forced into a destiny he wouldn?t fully comprehend.

Once again, Obi-Wan Kenobi would aid in the downfall of a boy?s soul.

It never was and never will be
    You're not real and you can't save me
    Somehow now you're everybody's fool

*Thanks to _Derisa_Ollamhin_ on this one.*

2. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Awwwww.... perfect [face_love] I loved it ;)

Great.. :D

3. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Wicked, Rachel! :D

You're doing a good job with these. Can't wait for more. :)

4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Once again, Obi-Wan Kenobi would aid in the downfall of a boy?s soul.

I just want to cry for Obi-wan.

This was another great one.

5. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    great songfic! poor Obi! I feel soo bad 4 him!!!!!

6. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Poor Obi-Wan, I've always felt the whole prequels were about Obi-Wan's fall too.

~aeryn

7. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    *force push*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.