main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EVERYBODY'S invited???

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Alomanuma_Topha, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alomanuma_Topha

Alomanuma_Topha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2004
    Was Lando trying to warm Han and Co. that Vader was waiting for them when he said "everyone's invited, of course." (including darth vader) Why else would he phrase it that way unless he was trying to warn them? Then after they first see vader("we'd be honored if you'd join us."), Lando looks disapointed... maybe he was mad that Han didn't get the hint.

2. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I think he was trying to convince Leia and Chewie to come along. He wasn't going to tip Han off...that would have cost him his neck.

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "Lando looks disapointed... maybe he was mad that Han didn't get the hint."

Sorry, but this is just too funny [face_laugh]
    "*sigh* Han, you idiot. Do you need a neon sign for everything!?" :p

It was to get Han and Chewie to come with them. The initial invitation to the refreshments was to Leia, after all.

Topha, how the hell do you come up with all these wacky theories, anyway? This must be the fourth or fifth you have posted in the past few days!

4. swanarchy

swanarchy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    I always thought the way he said things, the tone, and his body language hinted that soemthing like this or at least something was going to happen, but not so much that he was informing Han as much as foreshadowing to the veiwers that something was going to happen to our characters. But most i thought was an act to get Han and everying to come with him.

5. JediSF

JediSF Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    The "everybody's invited of course" line was thrown in b/c Lando was hitting on Leia, big time. Everybody's invited was the thin veil he threw over his invite to Lei (to whom he sent expensive, and 70s style sexy clothes) when she was looking uncomfortable (and Han was looking angry).

His reaction to Vader's presence is more disappointment with himself for leading Han and co. into the trap.

6. JediJamesT

JediJamesT Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2003
    Lando was more disappointed Vader picked before the meal to show up. He was damn hungry.

7. JediSF

Apr 15, 2004
    Those Sith have worse table manners than wookies.

8. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    JediSF hit it right on the head... Lando was just inviting Han and Chewie cause he wanted to make time with Leia... :*

9. JediSF

Apr 15, 2004
    And I like the way that Indigo put that, "make time."
    Very fifties.

10. Alomanuma_Topha

Alomanuma_Topha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2004
    Maybe you guys are right, but I think it would be cool if in the UEs, the dialog was like:

Lando: "everyone's invited of course"

Han: "what do you mean 'everyone'???"

Lando: "oh...uhh...Nothing."

Han: "hmm... ok."

Those changes would add something missing from the scene I think.

11. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    "Maybe you guys are right, but I think it would be cool if in the UEs, the dialog was like:

Lando: "everyone's invited of course"

Han: "what do you mean 'everyone'???"

Lando: "oh...uhh...Nothing."

Han: "hmm... ok."

Those changes would add something missing from the scene I think."

There was nothing missing, Lando was merely hitting on Leia and then trying to lure Han and Chewie into the trap by saying "everyones invited of course".

12. Wrath_Mania

Wrath_Mania Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I wonder if anyone bothered to touch their refreshments in that dining hall. You think Vader slipped a straw through his mask?

13. JediSF

Apr 15, 2004
    No that's why Vader was there early waiting for them. He hates torturing Rebels on an empty stomach. He's also very self-concious about his sans-helmet appearance. Obviously, he ate in advance.

And for that matter, what exactly do they serve in Cloud City. it doesn;t seem likely that there will be a lot of seafood coming from the gas planet below. Must be some kind of bird?

14. Diogonese

Diogonese Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    ...what did they serve? Why, all of Vader's favorite foods, of course; strained beets, strained peas, creamed corn, mashed potatos, and for dessert...apple sauce.

15. NtriusBIL

NtriusBIL Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2004
    I HAVE always wondered if they actually got to eat or not. You'd think they'd let them for no other reason than just to appease Chewie a little bit.

16. JediSF

Apr 15, 2004
    I don't thin they were serving rotten animal carcass, which is of course Chewie's favorite endoian cuisine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.