main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everybodys personal opinon:EU starting from scratch

Discussion in 'Literature' started by connermacleod, Aug 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connermacleod

connermacleod Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2001
    When the prequels are out many things will be contradicted. Boba fett is a mess in the EU. Also there are many things in the EU that ruin the meaning of teh first trilogy. Yoda and Obiwan were last of Jedi. In EU there is like 100 other Jedi left not too mention many *dark* Jedi running around. Palpatine comes back three times! The different version of Sith are screwed up. What a mess start over from scratch.

2. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm not even going to bother explaining. I've done it too many times...

Anyone else want to?

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Um...no. This is not Star Trek and we as the fans have pretty much fixed a great many of those 'continuiety errors'.

And who says you cant have other Jedi surviving the purge other then yoda and kenobi? If those two can survive, so can others.

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    First off, Connormac...
    Substitute "Canon" for EU. The EU essentially no longer exists anymore. Next, how about you back up why you don't think things officially don't fit with movies that aren't even released yet - unofficial information doesn't work. Examples - prove why you think Boba Fett is screwed up and why you don't think the Sith fit. That way we have something to talk about instead of vague generalizations.

Then we can start talking.

5. connermacleod

Apr 20, 2001
    I can deal with a few. But there was more then a few. Where the heck did all these Dark Jedi come from. Also Dark Jedi sounds so generic. Sith are Dark Jedi.

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    no they arent. Do some research matey

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    No Sith are Sith.

Dark Jedi are Jedi who fell to the Darkside

Vader is the exception because he is the apprentice of a Sith.

8. connermacleod

Apr 20, 2001
    Well its obvious Boba Fetts past is screwed up. Dont tell me that that Fett lied about his real background because thats Bull. Its obvious a major screw up.

9. connermacleod

Apr 20, 2001
    Okay how about this. There can be only two sith at a time right. Why then did Palpy and Vader have many *Dark* Jedi apprentices which I find hard to believe, Especially Vader.

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    How does that holographic meeting go in ESB?

Vader: What is thy bidding, my master?

Palpy: There is a great disturbance in the force.

Vader: I have felt it.

Palpy: We have a new enemy--Luke Skywalker

Vader: Yes my master

Palpy: He could destroy us.

Vader: He is just a boy, Obi-Wan can no longer help him.

Palpy: The Force is strong with him. The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi.

Vader: If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally.

Palpy: Yes. Yes. He would be a great asset. Can it be done?

Vader: He will join us, or die, master.

As you can clearly see, Palpy doesnt care if he has more then one apprentice.

11. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    "Dark Jedi" and "Sith" aren't the same. The rule about not training too many students was created to prevent Sith from killing their masters- those that Palpatine and Vader trained to help them weren't powerful enough for that to be a risk.

And Boba Fett did lie about his past- why is believing that so much more difficult than throwing out dozens of books?

12. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I brought this up before and I think it's a great idea. Even the most militant EU person has to aknowledge that starting the EU universe all over again, with the perspective and knowledge of the PT, would produce a much more coherant and better SW universe. You just can't deny it.

13. connermacleod

Apr 20, 2001
    Somewhere in the books there is somebody who was trained by Vader. COme on Would Vader have the patience for that.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    So long as Thrawn and the Chiss are in it, I'll agree with you Padme!

15. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I don't think the EU should start from scratch.

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    "Somewhere in the books there is somebody who was trained by Vader. COme on Would Vader have the patience for that. "

Yes. If he can wait for Xizor to screw up, he can wait to train someone in the ways of the Force.

17. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    No Padme, I completely disagree. Also, it would get confusing (Wait, did this Mara marry Luke? Oh no, she said no. But did this one get the virus?)

18. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Vader could be patient enough to train someone if he was interested in it. After all, he conducted a massive hunt for Luke and the Jedi. Training someone could be a long term project, like building a protocol droid or a podracer. :) His 'impatience' is just a desire to ignore minor obstacles and concentrate on a long-term goal.

19. connermacleod

Apr 20, 2001
    I just dont buy it. Why would he. Also in Tales From the Bounty Hunters when the whole past of Boba is explained, since its a book there are certain parts where we were in his head. Why would he lie to his own mind.

20. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    I wouldn't be confusing, if all the material was labeled as new EU. Think of how much better the stories would be, armed with the knowedge of the prequels, and Lucas' vision of the big picture, with the prophecy and all? You might not like the idea but at the very least you can't deny that they'd be better stories.

21. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    If there are any "EU People" around now, then they are an outdated anachronism. If you are a fan of the books, novels, games, and other non-Infinities products released since 1977, then you are now a "Canon Person." And there's no reason to redo Canon - even though Lucas himself may have done so with Special Editions.

22. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    who says its the same Boba? Some people get obsessed with Elvis, then think theyre elvis. Maybe Fett did that(about the other Boba Fett, not Elvis)

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Then what do you call a person who likes all of the above, including infinities?

24. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    How can you call the books canon when they're being explicitly contradicted by the films and implicitly contradicted by the spirit of Lucas' vision? Lucas discounts them. I say start an EU that Lucas would not discount.

25. connermacleod

Apr 20, 2001
    ALso, there are many new fans that are probably drowining in the mass that is called the EU. These fans will probably never cath up with it. Heck, I am so behind in the comics I stopped buying them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.