main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everyone has to die right?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by satr wras, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satr wras

satr wras Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2015
    Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka (and I guess Sabine, Hera, and Zeb) all have to die, right? The show will show zero integrity if they don't.

Preferably Vader kills them. They have to show that he is a bad ass that he cant lose until Luke.

Thoughts?

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Ahsoka dying? I think I hear Dave laughing 2,000 miles away.

4. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Where were you during the Clone Wars? Everyone had to die on that show, even characters who were in the later movies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    All have to die sometime as they're all mortal fictional characters. Setting up Vader in such manner I think makes him look bad, its like having a prize fighter and having him go up against jobbers just to keep the belt and keep certain people happy. In other words a rigged storyline. If you're not having honest storytelling, you're losing the art. It just becomes fake and too noticeable like sports entertainment wrestling or whatever. Same goes for other characters were they just make really strange or bad choices and or novice goofs and don't care about it. If these characters are inconsistent, and wax and wane at the drop of the writers pen, then they become stupid.

If they wanted to make Vader an untouchable, then why even bother putting him in there? Just for ratings?! Whats the point of Tano if she just stands and around does nothing, ratings again?! If Vader and Tano eventually do duel, it will likely be reserved for a finale or something. Vader(cyborg) in the movies was never an unstoppable killing machine as most of the people he killed in the OT were defenselessness Imperial officers and some rebel pilots that he shot down from the back and even there he had Tie support and did not see the Falcon coming(nor sense it). Luke gave him a decent battle on Bespin and he had barely any Lightsaber combat training. Yet a supposedly experienced Kanan puts up a meager fight and he's been around since TCW and lived a life of danger and combat not farming. If Kanan overcame his fear last season, then why would he get all weak again when up against Vader, if he's some sporadic spaz then just get rid of this character. Pre-damaged Vader still had an entire legion of elite Clone Troopers at his back and flanks and killing Jedi, was not like he went in there by himself. His fight with Obi-Wan did not seem like he was unstoppable either. Seems Anakin in the temple killed a lot of younglings and old people but when up against an opponent around the same age had great difficultly and lost. Whats the point of creating Ezra if he's a dead end, and Luke is so great. They should've just focused on a show without Force powered heroes and villains but they chose not to. So I do not feel there is great consistency among these writers if they're just writing fan fiction with a license and creating hollow characters. I would more imagine they have some purpose and point at the end when all is said and done, atleast I hope this is the case otherwise all these seasons we're watching are just a waste of time and just to build up momentum for TFA and the new movies(including anthology).

6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I wish I could like this post more than once. Well said Vorax.

Vorax likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm pretty sure there's already a few threads floating around that wish for the death of every character on the show.

We're a jolly bunch.

jabberwalkie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.