main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EVERYONE READ THIS- THE PRESIDENT!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by jedihexer, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, I for one am saddened that Eric has resigned because I know how much he loves the group even if certain issues and problems did give him headaches. I also find it ironic that very few have expressed this same sentiment. If people thought their (Eric and Tracey's) leadership was so bad, why wasn't this issue brought up before now?? This is just me wondering out loud and really doesn't need any replies.

Anyways, good luck to whoever will be the next president of the MC...just remember, whoever it is, that person represents us to everyone and every other organization out there.

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    What would truly have been a loss is if Eric would have left the group entirely. Anytime Eric has been around, it's made things much more fun and interesting. That would have been truly a loss. The fact that he acknowledges that there were problems is big of him and I respect him more for that.

His plate is full. If his post was honest and I believe it was then we pick up the pieces and move on with Eric still in the group. Mulling over the loss of a silly a for the most part meaningless title is time wasted and we've wasted enough time as it is. Eric can love the group without the title and we're still going to be a group and Eric is still going to tell us outrageous stories and we're still going to have a good time. The title is meaningless and I hope he realizes that.

He resigned as the president. I don't believe he's resigned as a friend and I count that with greater worth than a silly title.

Can we please just move on? Let's have a meeting and spend a little less time on what was and more time on what is and what will be.

M

3. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Almost everything in me is telling me to just let this go and not post this, but I don't think I'd be able to sleep if I don't.

We have posted many events here. Most events here, in fact. The Buffythons, Movie Nights, Milwookiee Bowling, Hockey night, Collector's Meetings, etc...
    What has been kept from the group? The bar gatherings nearly every weekend? The occasional game nights at my place? Those things have nothing to do with the MC. Sure, they involve people who are MC members, but they are not SW related in the least. Before, during, and after the Admirals game last Saturday, I can't recall Star Wars being mentioned once. Four to six Star Wars fans and not one mention in a span of nearly eight hours.

There are some of us whose friendship has grown beyond the Star Wars universe. Star Wars is what brought us together and will always be near and dear to our hearts, but that's not all we're about. We hang out with each other on a regular basis because we all enjoy each other's company. That's not to say we don't enjoy any one else's company. But when the same people consistanty participate in social gatherings, it takes the dynamic to another level.

As for the "leadership" grievances, I think some people weren't aware of the rift that has reared its ugly head until recently. That's why no one had spoken up before. I don't think it's fair to accuse people clamming up about a situation when to them there was no situation to clam up about. Eric had mentioned that he had tried to work through some issues via PMs. I don't know of anyone who has been contacted, nor has contacted him. Eric is not the point of this statement. The point is clearly some people have had issues, have sat on them, letting them fester, and now we have what we have.

Communication is important, and it's the thing we've been most lacking. I look forward to our next MC gathering so we can attempt to begin to clear the air. That may not sound very optimistic, but from my point of view, it's the most realistic view.

Edit: Poor grammer. It was a long night.

4. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Read Dawn't post about switching the discussion of nominations for President onto this board. She makes it sound like putting it there is some sort of concession. On these boards is where it belongs. Since there are more people on these boards than there and it is the leadership of the fanforce group from this board that we are talking about, the discussion should be taking place here. If the fanforce activities that are for the whole group would be posted through Sebulba like they are supposed to be, we wouldn't have to read every post on a given thread to find the info we need. It would be on the fanforce calendar. She said that she has not received anything for a long time. All of the club meetings fall into that category. We wouldn't have to keep upping threads so that people remember to come if it was posted there.

5. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Joan-

The conversation on the other boards started out as something completely different. The conversation then evolved towards talking about further leadership. At this point Marcy and I both made the comment that this discussion should be switched to the regular JC board.

There was no "concession" involved, it was simply the natural order of events. I'm not sure how you got that impression, but you are wrong.

As far as everything going through "official channels", that would actually make it more difficult for those of us that go to events to find them. I no longer look at any other part of TFN but our little corner of it. Plans often evolve and change. It is much easier to post a suggestion here and then let everyone put in their two cents. Anyone interested in Milwaukee fandom on the TFN boards would come here anyway, so I really don't think we are "excluding" anyone in simply posting events here.

-Dan

6. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Terribly sorry, I wasn't very clear when I made that post. Dan is correct. The discussion started as something else entirely and then mutated into a discussion about new leadership, what form it should take, and who wanted to be involved.

Since that discussion needed to happen here it was moved.

My apologies if I caused any confusion.

7. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Sebulba is a he. Just so we don't emasculate him unnecessarily...

M

8. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Okay, apparently there's a problem with me not posting our events on the Fan Force calendar. Maybe if someone had mentioned this was a problem sooner, I could have rectified the situation before people got in a huff about it.

I, like Dan, only come to the Milwaukee forum and find out about everything in here. Most events are started on a new thread as well (Hockey Night, Buffy night, various movies) so I didn't think it would be a problem for people who were interested to find events.

From now on, if there is an event that you all want official and on the Fan Force calendar, let me know and I will contact Sebulba to have him put it up there. If you don't tell me you want it on the calendar, I'm not going to do it. That seems to be a simple enough process, yes?

I feel like I'm under attack for something that I didn't even know was a problem, so in the future, if you have a problem with me, let me know. In addition, if you have a problem with someone else, let me know - those are problems *I'M* supposed to deal with - not the President of the club. And yes, even if I say something off color or insult someone (and I know it's happened), let me know and I'll punish myself (I kinda like doing that anyway). If you don't feel comfortable telling me about a problem with me, then go to Sebulba - that's what he's there for.

On another note, I don't think we need a President/VP structure. I also don't think that having a leader for each "group" is the way to go - that's too divisive. Maybe just a speaker or something to preside over large meetings? But that seems rather pointless too since we don't really have big meetings... I don't know, it just doesn't feel to me like we *NEED* a leader.

Okay, I'm done now. Just needed to get some thoughts out there.

HBP

Jeff

9. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Dumb Question, but whats HBP? :confused:

10. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I know when I was the head of the collector's guild, I never asked for anything to be posted on any official board. It never occurred to me, and if it had, I probably would have dismissed it. I believe if people had asked Jeff to post things, he would have followed through. Mostly I think we haven't had big things to post.

I also think that the time to attack each other has passed, long passed. Up until a few days ago many of us didn't realize that this group was fragile. I knew that there were different groups, but I figured that was mostly due to location and interests.

If this club is actually as fragile as stated, then we have a choice: keep attacking one another and separating it further, or talk to one another diplomatically and work it out. I'm in the camp that believes it can be worked out. My last major post before this apologized for a great many things and explained how I think we can work things out. I'm interested in doing that. I hope everyone else is as well. Dan posted about a meeting, I suggest anyone truly interested in keeping things going, go there and suggest dates and places. I also suggest that the last insult and accusation has been typed, and that we all work to forget it. If we do this right, by the time we have the meeting, this bad era will be behind us.

Dwayne

11. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Maybe I should make myself clear. I shouldn't write when I am short on sleep. The things with Sebulba was me mixing him up with Bobafemme because I don't have faces to go with names and that was who I was dealing with in the early days of the FF. Sorry Sebulba.

I was not accusing Jeff of anything. There was great concern over the lack of leadership and how we were not fulfilling our meeting requirements. By posting things on the large message board, we show that we are and active Fanforce group. If you look at the messages you pass by getting to this board, most of the stuff is book clubs, collecting and such.

Do we put all the small groups on the website for the Wisconsing Fanforce? My computer freaks out every time I go on it so I don't go there alot. That would be an easy place to look for dates and times of meetings. I don't have a problem with the job Jeff is doing but we can utilize the position much better to avoid confusion. When we started the group, I was told that it had to be handled by the CR and that we couldn't do it ourselves. Maybe that is changed but it is what I was told when we were trying to fulfill the requirements to be an official group.

12. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    from the time i have been her i have noticed that Eric has gone out of his way to make sure all of us would have fun in what ever event ther might have been, young or old he makes us feel welcome and like a family.

mtfbwya

jkr

13. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes he has.

I think this thread should be locked.

14. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    i agree, lock this thread down please

Thread Status: