So NV Everyone to the garrison!!! The WOT geeks are revolting!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Petra_Blakkwing, Sep 18, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok....so it's been awhile since I've posted anything but I felt like this was the forum to do so in. I now work at B. Dalton in the Galleria Mall, and I love it, however, I get so sick of the same questions over and over and over and over....etc, etc, etc.... The most popular question I receive is, "OMG when's the new Wheel of Time book coming out?!!!" "When will Robert Jordan publish something else?" To which I answer, "I don't know, he's a little bit too busy DYING to release that information to the publisher." To which, most WOT geeks will roll their eyes, stomp their feet, and throw a tantrum in the store (or close to it). Imagine my chagrin when Robert Jordan has the nerve to make good on his threat and DOES die this week....NO MORE WHEEL OF TIME! The series it may never be finished.....I'm cringing at the hordes of irate geeks I expect to show up in the store at any moment. I'm sorry the poor man is dead, however, why couldn't at least had the decency to pass his WOT torch to a young, healthy, protege? It worked out alright for Frank Herbert and J.R.R. Tolkien. Even one of my favorite authors, Marion Zimmer Bradley, brought in Diana Paxson towards the end of her life to learn the ins and outs of the Avalon world in order to carry her books on. This rant has very little point other than to tell all the WOT people out there to not burden me with your hissy fits that WOT will most likely never be finished (at least to your satisfaction) ok? It's not my fault, and I have no sympathy to give you.....

And btw Madeline L'Engle also died this week....luckily she wasn't in the middle of a series.....
  2. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Books are for nerds.

HURRAY! I am trolling for the first time in about two years!
  3. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I can't remember wear but I did read yesterday that he had started working on the 12th and final book and also discussed the story with his family.
  4. vegaserik Jedi Padawan

He passed on the entire story ending before he died. His wife and a few others were privy to his notes and storytelling for the final book. It'll be published, just haven't heard when.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby