main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

everyone wake up! it's time for The Question of the Day!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Qwert_Squadron, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwert_Squadron

Qwert_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    i know it is early in the morning for all of you state-siders but...i really don't care!

todays question is...

if the NR cant beat the Vong what makes you think that a small Rebel-like resistance can?

2. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    I presume they'll use good old fashioned hit and run tactics...thats how the rebellion won; they found full scale assaults were almost always suicidal.

3. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    By finding the Vong equivalent of a main reactor and launching a photon torpedo in it.

Seriously.. The Rebellion won by hitting the empire in it's weak spots. Small amount of force for maximum damage.

4. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Well I don't think they could win on thier own.THey'll need help from thier allies.

5. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Guerrillas and terrorists can dare what governments cannot ;)

6. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Here's a theory, people in mass are stupid and people that act on impulse or whateverthehell youre tralking about, they might be smaller, but they could also be more strategical or have more luck...
    In other words im jsut BS'ing you all because i have no answer.
    Sorry.

7. Abix

Abix Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    Well ummm, yeah, so uhh huh, ummmm, NO, the answer is no and if you wonder why it is NO then look down at my signature and wonder what G.O.D. means.

8. Abixrules

Abixrules Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    Does that mean your really a lot of people in one body?

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    The NR was a big, bloated, broken government filled with in-fighting, nepotism, waste and inefficiency which bastardized the principles laid out in the transitional government, the Alliance of Free Planets.

As an entity, it had become sedentary, and that's why the Vong could so easily steam-roller over them all.

Doright said it best and in the simplest terms, IMO: "By finding the Vong equivalent of a main reactor and launching a photon torpedo in it."

The Rebellion doesn't have to worry about innocent casulties - that was always the Empire's problem and the government's problem. When there's no government, you can concentrate 100% on a narrowly-focused goal instead of being torn apart by millions of competing goals.

10. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    ...Exactly what i said.

11. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    I got an idea. how bout we wait for the books to all be released, then we read them. Then maybe, we'll know how they are defeated.

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Anarchy and feudalism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.