main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Everyone who is seeing 12:01 at Strawberry, which should be every1! :), First show line planning!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Maruuk, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Hey everyone who is going to Strawberry Hill! :) I am a today converted Cineplexer, I will never use FP again, if i dont have to. For all of us who are going to Strawberry, it would be cool if we all met up in the line and maybe all sat together. It'll help us on our way to becomming a true chapter! I think it's safe to say that we are all the most diehard star wars fans in the area, so we're probably gonna get there first :) I plan on being at Strawberry at around 6pm on wednesday the 15th. Everyone make sure that they realize that 12:01 AM on the 16th would be considered WEDNESDAY NIGHT! not thursday night! 12:01 is the first minute of thursday after 11:59pm on wednesday :) When are the rest of you planning to show up? Ill be easy to spot as ill be dressed up as a jedi :) I hope to see a lot of you guys there! MTFBWY!

2. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Well I'm gonna be there too. You're gonna be there at 6!!! Thats pretty early...Although you'll probably get the best seats. I was actually planning on getting there around 9 or 10. I did the same thing for TPM and I had decent seats. Things may change though...

3. JediMasterTravis

JediMasterTravis Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    So I guess the meeting at chapters in Metrotown won't go through on Saturday. Oh well. But starting something in line up sounds good.
    Three years ago I was first in line for Episode 1 tickets and first in line for opening night. I plan on doing that again. I told you all that the Grande would be the best bet. I plan on being there early afternoon on Wednesday with a poster that says "Line up starts here". I will probably be organizing Star Wars trivial pursuit games and maybe have a Star Wars question and answer area if there are enough people. I will also bring some of my source books and other Star Wars stuff for people to look through, as long as I get them back. My friends will most likely be there with me so I won't be lonely for the first few hours until you guys show up. It should be a blast and maybe we can continue building the Chapter which we somewhat started a few weeks ago.JMT

4. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Wow travis, that sounds like a lot of fun, I can bring my trivial pursuit game too if you need it, are you dressing up?

5. Saber_lite

Saber_lite Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2001
    I bought my tix on tuesday. The girl behind the counter took about 5 minutes to find the right button on the touch screen. I was planning to dress up as Darth Vader but my girlfriend said if I did she might not want to go with me.(apparently that is not appropriate behavior for a 31 year old man). Maybe a compromise, I get to wear the helmet and bring the light saber and she will still be there with me. Only right seeing as I had asked her to come to the opening night with me when we started dateing two years ago. Well everybody, hold on to your jedi robes, less than 7 days to go.

6. spoodger14

spoodger14 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    hey, some of us over at swvancouver@yahoogroups.com are also going to be lining up, if we pool together our sources, we should be able to get top spot in the front of the line, perhaps some type of shift rotation or such. I for one, live witihn walking distance of the theatre, and I know that some of the others in our group are that close as well.

Any ideas so far....maybe a roll call of all who are exactly planning on attending, and at what time?

steve (spoodger14)

7. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Well my name is Scott, and I plan on showing up at around 6pm wearing a jedi costume

8. ITHORiANjanitor

ITHORiANjanitor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    sounds cool...I thought there might not be too many people heading out to Strawberry Hill but hopefully I am wrong. Im thinking of showing up around 9 or 10, but who knows. If there's a whole bunch of us there in line it'll be much cooler, not to mention that we can hold spots in line for each other. There's an earls there, is there not? Hmmm dinner sounds like a good plan, maybe even a movie. I still haven't seen spiderman yet. Seems like the word is being spread, so there could well be a good turn out for the midnight showing yet.

BANG

9. ITHORiANjanitor

May 2, 2002
    and Imperial Drone,

p.s. see you in the car

10. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I like cheese. Evidently, I would enjoy dinner too. Too bad there isn't an Arby's there...I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's...on second thought...

Hey Ithorian Janitor, I can see your ass crack. Get it? Janitor, DCW, ass crack. It works on so many levels.
    (Inside joke btw. We aren't taking shots at each other. Or are we...ardy ar ar)

Anyhow see you guys there!

11. Jaden

Jaden Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2001
    Well, as a result of a lack of 12:01 tickets for Famous Players, I'm heading to Strawberry Hill today to get a ticket for the 12:01 showing of AOTC, oh, and also tickets for nine of my friends. Called last night, and they had sold around 100 tickets so far. Hopefully it fills up by opening night (morning).

See you all there!

12. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Sounds good! :) 10 more people will certainly help our line up :) and its very nice for more people to be seeing the true way of the force and rejecting the evil of famous players, I figure tickets will sell out this weekend so buy your tickets fanforcers!!!

13. MaSta_YoDa

MaSta_YoDa Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    Wut the hell....im going at 12:01 at strawberry hill too but i didnt think we even had any starwars fans here. Boy, wut was i thinking :) looking forward to meeting u guys.

14. Jaden

Jaden Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2001
    Well, got all the tickets. Now I must play the waiting game, just like the rest of you. Opening night approaches . . .

15. ITHORiANjanitor

May 2, 2002
    as thursday gets closer and its more clear how many people are going, I agree on a sort of role call/what we look like. At the least we could at least say what times about we are arriving and hook up in line.

16. spoodger14

May 5, 2002
    hey, I was planning on checking the lineup throuought the day as i will be working a split shift then.

Depending on how long the line up is, I will be there around 8 or so. However, if we need an extra body to be there earlier, I would be able to put a couple hours in line in the early morning or early afternoon!

steve

17. JediMasterTravis

JediMasterTravis Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Hi guys. Its nice to see so many people enthusiastic about the line up Wednesday night. And its also cool that so many of you will be at Strawberry Hills that magical opening night. As I've told you all I plan on being first in line by staying there basically all day with my friends. However I'd be glad to save everyone on the FF a place in line. I'll make a list of everyone who said they'll be there from this thread and make sure you're right behind us. Just tell me what time approx. you'll be there, with how many people and anything else relevant to you so that I can identify you when you get there. That way you guys don't have to worry about getting a good spot in line because you'll be guarentteed one. JMT

18. spoodger14

May 5, 2002
    hey, sounds great. I am going to stop before before my first shift, probably around 6:45 am in the morning on wednesday. (Gotta pick up a Tim Horton's Bagel for breakfast) So if anyones around I'll drive by and say hello.

I'll also stop by around lunchtime or so and give any of you waiting in line a little break or so.

I finish work around 6 and should be back in the line up with you around 7:30 or 8ish.

I don't know how many other people from swvancouver are planning on attending, but we are holding a discussion tonight about wednesdays activities at 9:00pm at swvancouver@yahoogroups.com

Stay in touch,

steve (spoodger14)

email at spoodger@yahoo.com

19. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I'll be arriving at 6pm with about 3 friends I think

20. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Also, it would be great for as many people as possible to show up in costume! :) What's a star wars movie if there arent a few lightsabre battles while you're waiting to see it :)

21. MaSta_YoDa

May 10, 2002
    Hey guys. That would be great if someone could hold a position in line for me and 2 of my friends. Im leaving my house at prolly 9:30 so ill be there at around 9:45. Im 17 and will most likely have a lightsaber w/ me. Hope to see u guys there :) (only 73.5 more hours :D)

22. MaSta_YoDa

May 10, 2002
    It would also be nice if all of us could talk over msn or icq or wutever.

Mines: msn- masta_yoda@hotmail.com
    icq- 75759714

l8er

23. bryanvader

bryanvader Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    I'll probably be there around 6 pm. But I'll be driving by the theatre all day just in case someone decides to line up earlier. I live like two mins away. I Got 3 other people meeting up with me in line later in the night. I'll be wearing a Jango Fett T-shirt.

24. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    17 year old masta_yoda@hotmail.com with a lightsabre, I am 17 year old master_yodaa@hotmail.com with a lightsabre hehe :)

25. MaSta_YoDa

May 10, 2002
    lol no....ur kidding right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.