main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Everyone who is seeing 12:01 at Strawberry, which should be every1! :), First show line planning!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Maruuk, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spoodger14

spoodger14 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    hey all, it seems like there's a little bit of confusion about exactly who and or what is taking place on wednesday.

so far, from my understanding, jedi master travis has stated that he will be in line early on and that those of us who have posted in thisforum on this topic, will have a place in line.

He's gonna jot down each members name and then hook us up with a place in line.

I am planning on joining him in the line at noon to introduce myself and then after work, coming back around dinner time.

I am going to suggest that seeing as how each member of this forum is also a member of swvancouver, we hold a quick chat to finalize everything tomorrow night at around 9:30

it would be good to point out an idea of an article of clothing that you are going to wear so that we can spot you, although if jedimaster travis takes your forum name, then all we need is that.

but again, let's do a short disucssion tomorrow night at 9:30 at swvancouver@yahoogroups.com

see you there

2. Darth_Pall

Darth_Pall Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Hi gang! Well, I'm new to this whole discussion forum thing, but I'm as psyched as the rest of you about seeing AOTC Wednesday night at Strawbery Hills. It certainly seems to be the best of the available options! I'm planning to show up around noon for the long haul. I've got a couple of other friends who are coming too, and like some of you, I'll also be bringing various games (SW trivia, SW Game of Life, etc.) to help pass the time. Hope to see you there!

3. MaSta_YoDa

MaSta_YoDa Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    48 hours to go!!!! w00t! damn im tired...off ta bed, nite all :)

4. bryanvader

bryanvader Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    does anyone know if we are going to line up outside the theatre or inside? Has anyone talked to a manager of the Grande? We don't want to have some people inside and others outside. Also one other thought about taking peoples names and saving a place in line...that might be difficult when other people who are in line dont't know about this forum, they're not just gonna let a buch of people move ahead of them in the lineup, are they? Personally I think it should be first come first serve. ( I know I wouldn't like it if I was in line for 8 hours, and someone showed up an hour before the movie, and their buddy let them in ahead of me.)....just a thought. You can always save a seat inside the theatre.

5. spoodger14

spoodger14 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    hey, well, speaking from my line up experience last time, the line up for AOTC will take place, to the right hand side of the entrance.

THe entrance to the theatre is on a corner and to the right of this, along the undercover corridor is where the line up will probably take place.

As for saving room in line for people, I really see no problem allowing one or two people to join you in your spot in line...that is if they are also spending sometime in line. But I agree with you that those who simply come at the last second are in serious poodoo

don't forget one more chat tonight to finalize the plans on swvancouver@yahoogroups.com at 9:30 pm tonight

see you there

6. JediMasterTravis

JediMasterTravis Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey guys. Regarding placement in line, I believe that it basically should be on a first come first serve basis. But letting f the people on this forum in line up closer to show time shouldn't matter too much. I'll still take names down and see you there. Besides if you are really a hard core fan you'd be there early anyways. However if theres like ten or more of you, that probably wont look too good. I wont be able to be on chat later on at 9:30 because I have to go to work. However if anyone would like to talk earlier I'll be on around 7:00 or so. Talk to you all later. JMT

7. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Sounds good! I'll be arriving with a few friends at 6pm! abd masta_yoda, im not kidding :) see all of you there!

8. ITHORiANjanitor

ITHORiANjanitor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    sounds cool...If I cant make the chat, I'll just post on here instead. Hmmm, I may have to think of leaving a little earlier. Originally I was thinking 9-10ish, but likely Im gonna show up around 7-8. It depends I guess. I just hope it doesnt rain... I do agree that its not really right for someone to show up 20 mins before showtime with an entourage of 10 people and butt in right at the front of the line, but I myself see no problem in general with people saving spots in line for a few others, well ahead of time.

9. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Hey everybody! I've been in contact with Erin @ Z95 and i'm gonna be on the radio tomorrow morning on Z talking about star wars! :) it'll be at around 7:40am so everybody have a listen! :)

10. g3po33

g3po33 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    I have also been in touch with Erin, and maybe we will have some sort of triva tomorrow as well. Check it out tomorrow at about 7:40AM Z.95.3 FM
    thanks

g3po

11. MaSta_YoDa

May 10, 2002
    Thats pretty cool, too bad Z95 sux0rs :p

12. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Well that was an interesting trivia competition, kudos to the guy who beat me :) Too bad the prize was tickets to metropolis tonight, after all this strawberry hill planning and all my friends and you guys are going there, id much rather go to strawb for the atmosphere! :) Luckily erin was nice enough to give me a different prize instead.

13. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    16 hours to go everyone!!! :) Woo Hoo!!!!

14. g3po33

g3po33 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Thanks buddy, that was me who won, lol
    They offered me tickets as well, So I geuss I will be getting some Nsinc CDs or something, HAHAHA

15. MaSta_YoDa

May 10, 2002
    Doh!, I forgot all about u guys being on z95. Anyway, im getting there at 9:45 probly and im hoping I can find u guys (im guessing ull be at the front :p). Well the countdown is on guys, 13hrs 7min wahoo!! Cya there :)

16. ITHORiANjanitor

May 2, 2002
    b'oh, I couldn't make it to the chat last night...ah well. Hopefully there'll be a good turn out tonight, everyone get stoked!! Im probably gonna be arriving with a couple of friends between 7-8 or so. Not sure exactly what I'll be wearing but likely a blue CAPiTA hoodie or maybe a white/grey jacket...I'll look for you guys in line though. Yesterday I watched a New Hope, today Im gonna try to watch Empire, ROTJ and Episode 1 if I have time....leading me right up to the time I go to join the line...See you there!

17. MaSta_YoDa

May 10, 2002
    Go Walmart!!! haha, that was hilarious...All I can say is HOLY *UCKING WOW. Some scenes were a little...shall i say "not great" but when yoda came it was amazing. The atmosphere was pretty good, other then a few ppl laughing at some parts when they shouldnt have :p When the movie was over though, its like "Awwww man..... another 3 years :'(" Anyways guys, im off ta bed. Nite

18. ITHORiANjanitor

May 2, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.