main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Everyone's Here"--ARK (Trey Stokes' new brainchild)--Spoiler-free review up

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by DarthIshtar, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    So, if you're not familiar with this, go to Hulu.com and look for that title. First nine episodes are up and don't take more than an hour to watch. Even better, they're directed by our very own FX_Guy and have VFX done by Teague. That's who I recognized at first glance as being users here, but there may be more.

My review of it so far, relatively spoilers-free:

There's a sinister mystery to the entire series. Granted, I agree with the person who said that one of the most compelling things in life is fear of change. For a guy who has gained notoriety for his Pink 5 work, the directing of this is a fantastic contrast that reminds me of why I admire FX_Guy in the first place.

A ton of the credit has to go to the writer, Robbie Thompson, who seems to blend elements of 2001: A Space Odyssey, LOST and anything by Vincent Price in leaving us guessing at the end of each episode. The dialogue is not terribly memorable so far, but it doesn't have to be. This show deserves to be praised for its cinematography.

And the principal actors, Renee O'Connor (of Xena fame) and Adam Cardon (a delightful actor who I've never heard of before because I don't watch Days of Our Lives) have good chemistry. I look forward to where this is going.

If you want to discuss what you've seen, please black it out as you would for any other spoilers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.