main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Everything From Nothing (OC story of the early New Republic) UP 5/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valley_Lord, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Author: Valley_Lord
    Title: Everything From Nothing
    Timframe:22BBY-27 ABY
    Kerword(s): OC, Vula Nelprin, Juddar Page.
    Summary: From the most humble origins, Boris Zevonoff becomes one of the many unsung heros of the Rebel Alliance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Humble Origins

It is said that great men come from humble origins. This adage was true of many of the Rebellion?s heros. Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, nearly every member of Rogue Squadron. But these are only the heros people know about. The true heros, are the ones that fought every day. Not fighting the romantic space battle that fill the Holo net, but the war on the ground. There is an old joke among the upper echelon of both the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant?s officer corps. An Imperial commander on Taanab asks the Rebel commander: Just how did the air war go anyway? Wars are not won by flashy battles in space. Winning those battles help and give strong advantage to their troops on the ground. But always, inevitably, wars are won by the soldier in the trenches. They are nameless, forgotten, unsung heros of the Rebellion. The Rebel Commandos have heros too. You just don?t know about them. Until now.

Our story begins on the remote planet of Corulag, nearly four years before the birth of Luke and Leia Skywalker. Corulag is a typically industrialized world on the Perlemian trade spine, also noted as a required stop for any ship traveling to Coruscant due to the region?s astrophysical properties. Like all industrialized worlds there is a low to moderate rate of illegitimate births. Consequentially, there are also many orphanages run by vestal virgins known as the sisters. Virtuous, fair, and hard working women who forsook the comforts of hedonistic society for an ascetic life. Among the sisters, those who care for the unwanted or unwillingly abandoned offspring of other are the most highly regarded among their Order. In these times however, the orphanages are now their sole function. But even these hallowed woman are not above reproach, especially when they break their vows.

Sister Zevonoff however, had not broken her vows willingly, and was thus exempt for banishment. An orphan herself she now worked in the same orphanage she grew up in. Nonetheless, Sister Zevonoff was in a situation a Sister rarely found herself in. She sook counsel with The Abbess of the Nunnery where the Orphanage was run.

?The authorities have found him.? The Abbess began. Sister Zevonoff looked up in fear, the trauma and shock of what that criminal had done to her could never be recovered from.

?You may relax child.? said the Abbess, uncharacteristically stroking the sister?s cheek ?He has been arrested for the rape and murder of another woman, they will respect your wishes what ever they may be.

?Mother, I do not wish to press charges, I merely pray for his tortured soul.? The Abbess listened silently, reflecting that the young woman calling her mother was more true than the young woman knew.

?Then we will not press charges.? the Abbess replied, though inwardly disappointed. But in all fairness, she hadn?t pressed charges either when it happened to her. Still she felt great Anger despite her life of virtue and selflessness. The younger woman remained silent.

?Provisions must be made child.? The Abbess prompted gently. Sister Zevonoff looked up, trying to contain her emotions before the women who had raised her.

?....I am sorry I....? She began but was interrupted.

?Do not apologize my child.? the Abbess said sternly. ?It is not you who have sinned.? the Abbess then added for good measure. ?And nor has the child you bear.? The Young Sister flinched.

?I?m sorry mother, I....?

?Do not apologize!?The Abbess roared. ?Stand tall!With dignity! With Pride! You are pure, no matter what that demon has done to you ? Sister Zevonoff visibly shrank from her and averted her gaze. The Abbess? gaze softened and she asked the sister softly.

?Have you e

2. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
  3. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
  4. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    An OC fic Gary.

5. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Okay but this is a pretty slow start Glenn.

6. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    16 years later

Sister Angela rose with the sun as she did every day. And just like every other day she felt disappointment when she checked on the orphaned children and found that her son was not in his bed. How could such a sweet boy become so rotten? She noticed tha two children who had not been out of bed before were now. And he is corrupting the others.

For the last fifteen years, Angela had watched over Boris, pretending to be a caring Sister, and not his birth mother. The results of the estrangement were plain to see. Boris had become so vile and bitter a young man. Roaming the streets at night with other malcontented children. They were not criminals yet, but they soon would be.

Vexed and angry, she returned to her quarters and prepared herself for the day. She was going to have to bring Boris to heel.

Boris and his friend returned to the Orphanage after sunrise.

?Hey Grifter Get me some of that ? Boris shouted to the boy nicknamed Grifter as he walked past a fruit booth. The boy tossed Boris an apple.

?Thanks Grifter.? One of his friends turned to him.

?Why we always come here anyway B? Them Sisters aint got nothing.? Boris shrugged.

?Yeah, well the?ll give us a meal, why steal when you can get it for free?? Another boy eyed a sister with an appealing face.

?I hope they?re generous with more than their food.?the boy said. Boris? fists clenched, but he laughed none the less.

When the boys had eaten they split up for their homes. None of the other boys noticed or wondered why Boris never left the orphanage.

?You should be ashamed of yourself Boris.? Sister Angela?s voice said. He rolled his eyes and did not face her.

?Why? I?m already part of the unwanted in society. My mother was so repulsed by me she just dropped me on your doorstep. They should be ashamed though.? he said pointing his chin at the last of the departing boys.

?Damned punks have nice homes and families and they?re out on the streets every night.? The sister slapped the back of his head. Very hard.

?Ow What was that for??

?You have no excuse either Boris.?

?You should talk, you choose to be poor and destitute. My mother made me this way.? The sister glared at him.

?You blame all your problems on your mother Boris, and ignore your own actions. I understand you have always felt great hurt for being abandoned so, but I have raised you better than you act. I am very ashamed of you.? Her final words hurt, but he tried not to show it.

?What do you know? Locked up in this kriffing hell hole your whole damned life, what right have you to lecture me on life??

?Boris, that could very well describe your own life.? Boris snarled and started for the door. The sister blocked his path.

?No Boris, until your eighteenth birthday, you belong to us and must do what we say.? Boris shoved her aside.

?Keep saying that, I?m sick of being caged all the time like an animal. I leaving, and I?m never coming back ? The sister yelled after him but he did not look back.

?He left?? Abbess Misha asked. Sister Angela nodded, face red in worry and anger.

?Yes.? she replied trying to conceal the hurt and worry she felt.

?Did you tell him?? The sister?s eyes studied the floor.

?You need to, he may not be of Corulag majority, but he is old enough to be a Imperial citizen.?

?But Boris hates the Empire, they killed father Miska.? The Abbess flinched slightly at the mention of her older brother.

?That is true, Miska did fill the void that his father should have filled, were he capable of such responsibility. I suspect that Boris thought of him as his only parent.?

?We need to get him back, I could not bear it if he was hurt ? Sister Angela half cried. The abbess watched her intently.

?This is why I thought you should have left Aesthetic life, I may have done well with you, raising you this way, but Boris is not a girl, he needs to strain the limits of your control,
    he needs to fight for his own place.?

?But he doesn?t have to do it alone ? Sister Angela cried.

?Nor should

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.