main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Everything is Lost (The Solo Family)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Allana_Rey, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I wrote this quick one shot in about two days. I've been doing a lot of Solo stories lately, I love their story line in TFA and can't wait to find out what truly happened between them. I hope you guys enjoy.

EVERYTHING IS LOST

--

CORELLIA -- PUB

A smile came across his face as he walked inside. It had been a while since the last time he was there. Everything remained the same, a few re models here and there. It was crowded, people began to look at him. They immediately knew who he was but he was used to it. He walked over to the bar and extended his hand, pulled out a seat and sat down in it.
    “Why the sad face, Solo?” A feminine voice asked next to him. Han Solo looked over and saw a familiar face, someone he hadn’t seen in a long time. Her name was Myra Eve, an old flame of his.
    “You’re still here after all this time?”
    “I had to come back. My mother is sick.”
    “I’m sorry to hear that.”
    The conversation was starting to become awkward and uncomfortable for the two. Several years had went by. Han and Myra didn’t have such a good relationship but he still made her crazy.
    “I missed you, Solo. It’s been a while.”
    “It has.” Han said nodding.
    Myra noticed the man she was currently engaged in a conversation with was not the Han Solo she once knew. This man felt different, Myra could feel something was not right with him through the force. Despite being strong in it Myra never aspired to become a Jedi Knight, like her ancestors were.
    “What has life been like after all this time?”
    “Rough.” He muttered.
    “I can relate to that.”
    “Are you sure about that?” Han asked in a cold tone of voice.
    “A lot has happened, Solo. I haven’t exactly been living a fairy tale everyone wishes.”
    “Well neither have I.” He scoffed.
    “I’m assuming it didn’t work out?” She asked, unsure whether or not the question was appropriate to ask.
    “You can say that.”
    “And Ben?”
    Han didn’t say anything, he wasn’t sure how to react. No one really knew what had happened to his son besides himself, Leia, Luke and several people affiliated with the academy Ben had attended.
    “He’s with Leia.” Han replied, feeling guilty about not being honest. But he couldn’t tell Myra the truth. Han felt ashamed of what had become of his family. He was right all along, Ben would turn out to be just like his grandfather.
    “I remember when you first brought him here, to Corellia, he was only about 9 months old. Everyone assumed he was named Han Solo Jr.”
    Han smiled, reminiscing of that time. He missed those days and it killed him to know he would never get them back.

--

She stood in his old room, looking around. Several memories began to come back to her. Leia walked over to his desk, where there was a picture of all of them together on the Falcon. Leia sighed, this was all too much for her to deal with. She didn’t know how she would ever get over what had happened. When her son was born Luke told her he would become a great Jedi knight, like Ben Kenobi (whom he was named after). Clearly, that had failed.
    Han was right, Ben was always drawn to the darkside. Leia regretted sending him away. She knew Snoke was watching him. As the grandson of Anakin Skywalker there was a good amount of light and dark in him. Leia knew there was still light in him but she wasn’t certain whether or not she would get Ben back.
    And now Luke was gone and Leia felt responsible. She felt responsible for so many things. Everything was too overwhelming for her. She did not know how to deal with this. C-3PO walked into the room. “Mistress Leia, are you ready?”
    “Just give me a minute, Threepio.”
    “Yes, Mistress Leia.”
    Threepio walked out, leaving Leia alone. She closed her eyes and tried to reach out to Ben through the force. Over the years, Leia had become more stronger with the force. She was no Jedi, but was certainly skilled.
    Ben. It’s me. I miss you. Please, just listen to me. I want to know why you did what you did. Did I do something? Is it because of your dad? Please come back home, Ben. I need you back, my only son. I never wanted for this to happen. Come back, Ben. I know there is still good in you. Come back, you’re making a mistake.
    Leia didn’t feel anything back. She waited a few seconds, eyes still shut.
    Maybe he was truly gone.

--

It felt strange being on this ship. Many officers of the First Order were walking around, not acknowledging him. Apart of Kylo wanted to go home but he knew he couldn’t. His destiny remained with the First Order.
    He felt the light within him. Kylo didn’t know how to resist it. He was scared, he didn’t want to be pulled back but he missed his family. At least his mother. His father was nothing but a lowlife who was never around.
    Leia, despite being focused on the Resistance was a caring, devoted mother. She was the one who let her son go to the academy. Kylo missed his mother dearly. A tear came down his eye as he walked to his personal room.
    Kylo felt as if he was being torn by both sides of the force. He knew he had to reside with the dark, but something in his heart was telling him to go back to the light. As he entered his room, he sat down on his bed and began to think about the events that had recently occurred. He knew he was a monster for doing what he had done but did not care. He needed to show his grandfather that he could still continue his legacy.
    He kept something under his pillow. No one knew about it. He knew if someone was to find out they would realize there was still a bit of light still in him. Kylo lifted up his pillow and looked at what he kept. A picture of him and his mother. He cried some more. He needed to know how she was doing but he couldn’t see her. She probably didn’t even want to see him.
    Was the First Order really his destiny? If so, why did he still feel the call to the light?
    Maybe he had made the right decision, joining the darkside. He knew one thing, he would never exactly be sure.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    This is a neat wee story. Loved the three different perspectives. They are all hurting so much and they need each other but have been forced so far apart! I found Leia's passage particularly poignant. When she stretches out to Ben you can feel her love but also her judgement of him having made the wrong decision which can ultimately only push him further away.

AzureAngel2 and Allana_Rey like this.
  3. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    This is good. Enjoyed reading it. Love different viewpoints by writers of same characters.
    I have one entitled SHOWDOWN you might enjoy when I post it.
    Keepyup the good work!

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    This is a very promising beginning. It shows a family torn apart by conflict and misunderstanding. Cannot wait for more!

Allana_Rey likes this.
  5. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank you so much

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was so sad! :_|:_|:_|

I would think no matter what happened, Han and Leia did there best.

Somethings just aren’t meant to be, no matter how badly we want them to be.

Great job on this

=D==D==D==D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent and poignant. [face_thinking] It is a very interesting question with not a cut and dried answer I think - could they have tried harder? done something different? It does strike me as intriguing though that two who fight for what they want and for the right of a situation in the broader sense let something so precious and essential slip away through what? Neglect? Casting of blame onto the other?

:(

8. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank you guys so much for the support.

Would anyone like to read more?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, I thought it was a one-shot. Yeah I'd totally read more. @};-

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A sad and poignant piece, three viewpoints and none certain

Allana_Rey likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Of course! [face_dancing]

Allana_Rey likes this.
  12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Really sad but I think you did well with the characterizations and did the characters justice.

13. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank you!

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.