main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Everything* - J/J Mush [Originally part of First Sentence Challenge] Dec 26th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oldjedinurse, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Title: Everything
    Author: oldjedinurse
    Timeframe: Post-NJO - sadly, AU.
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Genre: Romance
    Keywords: J/J
    Summary: This vignette was originally written in response to ?TwichsTwistedSisters First Sentence Challenge" for December 21/05 (posted in the Challenge?s Beyond Thread as ?I Give to You??). It has been re-worked and re-posted here to stand on its own.
    Notes: Vignette - Complete

Disclaimer: I own nothing ? as usual.

This was Lola64's idea ... so the vignette is dedicated to her.

_______

Everything

I watched with glee from the refuge of my hiding place as the object of my affection came across the mystery present, tore off the wrapping and gasped in surprise that I had finally managed to give her the perfect gift.

Fel, you?ve changed. I doubt you?ve ever even thought the word ?glee? before.

We had missed exactly nine rendezvous since promising them to each other at the end of the war. In fact, we were zero-for-nine. If relationships were smashball, you and I would have the worst record in the Known Regions.

You were delayed on a mission, I was diverted to a sudden diplomatic crisis. I was held back on Csilla, you waited for me in vain by the Mon Calamari sea. Every time, I left or sent a gift. Bouquets, a book of poetry, a crystal sculpture, a locket. I knew they were inadequate; neither what you wanted nor what I wanted to give. I thought about defecting, just to have a single date with you again, but my father talked me out of it. When Mother heard that, she reminded him, with great clarity, that he had been just as eagerly romantic at my age. Since then, Mother has been priming me with ideas to resolve our situation.

She?s a smart woman, my mother.

Now it is High Holiday on Denon. You may never believe this, but I conspired with your mother and your father to pull off this top secret mission. Leia was pleased when I approached them and, I think, excited to help. She told me privately that Han was a little relieved. He had apparently spent a lot of time grumbling about how tired he was of seeing you mope around by yourself.

So here I am, hiding in your mother?s office. Han caused a slight malfunction in the door mechanism ? just enough to create a crack for me to see through.

The gifts had been opened, and the rest of your family was retreating noisily into the dining area. I heard Leia ask you to bring another wine goblet from the china cabinet in the hall. I saw you hurry toward me, turning slightly away from my position as you opened the cabinet door to retrieve the glass. That?s where you found one more gift. The gift bore your name, nothing else. A mystery.

You were less than a meter from me when your breath caught as you discovered the contents of the box. Luke and Mara were doing a masterful job of blinding you to my presence.

I watched you finger the datapad before unrolling the flimsiplast note I had written in old-fashioned Basic. You recognized the cursive as mine, didn't you?

My dearest Jaina,

You are constantly in my thoughts.

On this, the most special of holidays, you deserve the perfect gift.

The only thing for me to do is give you everything.

I give you my mind, that we may share all that life has to offer,
    I give you my heart, that my undying love will sustain you,
    I give you my eyes, that they will show you how I feel, for all of our days.

I give you my body,
    that you may rest your cheek on my shoulder,
    that you will be warm, and safe, and comforted in my arms,
    that I will walk beside you, as your partner and your friend,
    that we will each love and be loved.

I give you my self, the one true gift that I can offer.

Forever,

Jag

As your tears fell on my words, I silently moved into the hallway, transfixed by the glow of your skin and the shine of your hair in the flickering candlelight. It appeared that my gift was having the desired effect. I had

2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Oh that was great [face_love]

3. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Thanks, Chimpo! [:D]

4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Of course it can stand on its own. I told you it could. :p

I loved this the second time around. I'd quote my favorite parts but the whole thing would be reposted.

I liked the small changes you made. It has only enhanced its brilliance.

?Well, alright!? You snuggled even closer, scanning the ship's schematics. ?Now that?s what I call a gift, Flyboy!?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm glad that my soliciting you to partake in my favorite challenge has produced this.

You are truly one of the Goddesses of the J/J shippers. Bravo my friend. =D= =D=

5. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    that was soooooo great [face_love]
    it lifts the spirit after this whole DN trilogy depression ;)

~ Mags ~

6. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Please, you don't need to quote anything! LOL! Thank you for your comments and particularly your compliments...a Goddess? You have no idea how unlike me that description is!! LOL!!
    Nevertheless, I truly appreciate your support, Lola. [:D]

Thanks, Maggy. The "whole DN trilogy depression" thing is exactly why I write this stuff. I just can't dwell on DNT. I appreciate you reading this!

~ oldj ~

7. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Two great J/J mush viggies in two days?! You are too good to me, oldj. [:D]

8. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Awww Jag sure does know how to give a gift :p That was really sweet. I love how he conspired with her parents. Great job!

9. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    He is never going to top that present. :D
    See all you have to do is shove them into each others' arms. ;)
    Well done, oldj .

10. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    *sigh* :)

Perfect, oldj. Just perfect. [face_love]

I know I'm going to want to read this over and over after I pick up that cursed book tomorrow...

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I allowed myself a Solo-style smirk. ?But you haven?t seen the whole present.?

Your eyebrows shot up. ?Uh, Jag,? you looked around to make sure we were alone. ?Maybe my parents? house isn?t the right place??
    [face_laugh]

Awwww, very sweet!

=D=

12. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Brilliant, oldj! I always enjoy a well-written J/J fic. :)

KT

13. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Aaaaaaaaaah! (melt into a puddle)

I loved how all of the Solo-Skywalker family conspired for/against Jaina...

14. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    ?I agree. In principle."

[face_laugh]

Very cute! I love these two and their banter. Jag could go shopping for me anytime. ;) Jaina is sooo much like her father. Throw in a ship, and she's a happy camper.

Lovely, as always, oldj! @};-

15. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    BF: I figured we needed a flood of J/J mush right before we all read Swarm War. *sigh* Glad you enjoyed! [:D]

Wynssa: Thanks! He took out all the stops this time, huh? Jaina's family have generally had better ideas for her than she has had for herself. [face_laugh]

Solo_and_Fel: LOL!! No, I don't expect he could top this - unless he gave her a planet... o_O

Jags_Scoundrel: *sigh* Yes, I'm going out to get that cursed book this morning. I needed to write this first... [face_worried] Thanks a lot!

Fels: Thanks! Have I given you all enough of a sugar high yet? Don't worry, Swarm War will drain it out of us, I have a feeling. :(

KT: Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it. :D

G_J: *Hopes Golden_Jedi collects herself from puddle soon* Sometimes family are very helpful ... even to a Fel! ;) Thanks for the R&R!

Miranda: Thanks a lot! Jaina's a little high maintenance, isn't she? LOL!! :rolleyes: Good think Jag's going to be a Baron.

Thanks, one and all!

oldj

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I give you my self, the one true gift that I can offer.
    Forever,
    Jag

Cheap-skate. [face_plain]

Our emotional torrent eventually slowed to a calm flow of love and understanding. This was real. Our wartime romance was no fleeting affair. We would love no others.
    We were destined to be together.

Aww [face_love]

I allowed myself a Solo-style smirk. ?But you haven?t seen the whole present.?
    Your eyebrows shot up. ?Uh, Jag,? you looked around to make sure we were alone. ?Maybe my parents? house isn?t the right place??

[face_laugh]

That was cute, oldj :D Good humor and a very sweet little viggie :)

17. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    AWWWWWW!

if only it had been that way. Blast you Troy Denning! i won't lose hope.

i think i'm going to go off and cry now...

18. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    oldj, that was wonderful; it makes my heart soar to read your happy J/J moments. And how sweet it was of Jag (and Syal) to go to such lengths to surprise his love.

Thank you for the lift and splendid avoidance of The Swarm War, like I said I will read that book... eventually and then I will rush back and read "Everything" again.

Yeah!

'night
    JaY

19. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Glory be, OJN, that's going into my saved faves file!

:_| It's so beautiful I'm crying. :D

I love happy endings [face_dancing]

20. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Cheap-skate? Ha Ha! You're funny, YK. I know, this was a little over the top, but I have to counter-balance DNTitis somehow (besides it was all Lola's fault!). Thanks, you! ;)

Hope, aurra! There's always hope! Thanks for reading - I'm happy you liked it. [:D]

Thanks so much, JaY! Everything is possible (pardon the pun)... [face_batting]

Wow! Thanks, TKL! I take that as a very fine compliment. [:D]

All readers, comments and lurkers are much appreciated!

oldj

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Brilliant! Utterly brilliant! =D=

22. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Bad, Z! I really, really thought that I replied to this already! I wonder where all those "lost comments" go?[face_thinking] Do you think that there is some sort of "Neverland Thread" out there?

Anyway, I love that Jaina agreed "in principle":D... that just made me grin! I also adore the fact that Jag KNOWS she will not be happy bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen and assures her of this with the ship more so even than the home and family he is offering her. It's a beautiful thing to be understood.[face_love]

23. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was great, ojn!! So sweet. I loved it!

24. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    There is a one-word summary for this fic.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Wonderful mush has put me in a good mood again - after watching angsty TV. So thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Oldj. :D

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

~Myra

25. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    :eek: Whoa! Thank you, MamaVader, but it is you who writes brilliantly! *Bows reverently*

[face_laugh] LOL! I think there may be a black hole, or perhaps a dovin basal, that swallows some posts... o_O
    Thanks so much for coming back to comment! Understanding ... its so important and so often rare! I'm glad you liked this.

[face_love] Thank you! I'm pleased you enjoyed it!

[:D] I love that word! So glad this made your day better! Thanks, Myra - you give me warm and fuzzies!

Thanks, one and all!

oldj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.