main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everything you know is wrong. (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by beafet, Nov 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    Reminds me of a Weird Al song.

Apparently, everything we thought we knew about Boba Fett's past is false. In episode II, he gets a whole new past from the one we were led to believe from the EU, specifically Tales of the Bounty Hunters., among others.

2. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    let me be the first to say it; duh.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    How is Boba Fett's EU past false? Can't he be both?

4. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    or this boba fett could be the really thing and could be an incredible bounty hunter, and then he dies and some clone of him is who we think is boba fett...
    or not. still, there are plenty of rumors about boba fett being a clone

5. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I always thought that the "Jaster Mereel" story was really weak... but even if GL supplies a backstory for Fett in the Prequels, there's still going to be nothing in the canon to say that the OT Fett is the Prequel Fett, rather than Jaster Mereel wearing his armor and using his name... which is what the EU has always said...

- The Imperial Ewok

6. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Exactly! I mean, c'mon; how old would he be if he was 12 in Episode II by the time he was in Tales of The Bounty Hunters? Let me look; that'd make him more than 72 by the time Tales of the Bounty Hunters ended. Now, I know he was no little schoolboy, but still, he'd be as old as my grandma if that was the case. Truly, I see it this way;
    There once was a famous young warrior named Boba Fett. He died, but his armor stayed around.
    A man named Jaster Mareel found it.
    He took up the name and dress and became a famous bounty hunter.
    The frikkin' end.

7. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    I don't really want to know Fett's back story.

His mysterious nature was what made him appealing.

8. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Wahahw ! (<- this actually means nothing, it's just that I agree - with the Jaster assumes Boba's identity thing)

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Fett is only 5 years older than Han, which would make Fett 53 in The Last Mand Standing.

And why would we need to throw out any of Threepio's non-TPM origins? They still fit with the movies.

10. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Hey, Bib, pay attention! I'm saying that the ORIGINAL Fett was 12 in AoTC, not Jaster Mareel.

11. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Sorry, but how does anyone KNOW that he never had a memory wipe? If he himself said that, or somebody else, without really knowing, I'm going to have to say the very obvious; would he really remember having the wipe?

Just being a jerk, don't mind me. :D

12. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Aaah. Thanx - then I can rest easy and not whine about continuity and just accept that it was author inconsistancy. Of course, it would be whatever was said, but you know... I'm weird that way.

13. Corran

Corran Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I remember when i lost my memory It is my worst memory because i cant remember it :)

And who says that his memory wasnt just changed He IS a walking talking programed droid;-)

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I am currently of the opinion that the Fett we see in AOTC is indeed the Fett from the later books. No "Dread Pirate Roberts" or anything like that.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    My theory is Fett assumed Jaster's identity for a particular bounty..but it could work the other way around I suppose.

16. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    LOL [face_laugh]

Bib, that's so perfect! And that movie rocks!

17. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Fett decides to follow in his fathers footsteps.He goes to Mandalore and recieves training.He becomes a mandalorian protector.

Fett gets sick of that life and changes his name to Jaster Mereel.He hopes to live out a quiet little life on Concord Dawn.He ends up killing a crooked officer and is exiled from Concord Dawn.He joins the Imperial ST corps(which is fitting).Once again he ends up killing his superior officer.

He decides to finally follow in his father's footsteps ansd becomesa a bounty hunter.He gets Slave I out of storage,upgrades it and bada bing,bada boom.Simple.

18. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    That would work, Matt... unless you actually knew the stroy of Boba Fett in Episode II.

19. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I do know the real story. :)

I've been keeping track of spoilers.

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Why won't that story work? From what I know of AOTC, that story would definitely fit with everything.

21. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Not quite, I don't think... but I might be wrong. Ask Matt, see what he says. [face_plain]

22. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    "...more than 72 by the time Tales of the Bounty Hunters ended"

Nope. He's ten (or 12, no one knows yet) in AotC. That means he was born 32 years BSW4. "Last One Standing" ends 19 years ASW4. He'd only be 51. I'm also a strong believer in the idea of Fett going to Mandalore and training with Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala (Marvel series), becoming Jaster Mereel (tales of the bounty hunters) and then, still soul searching, becoming a stormtrooper for a bit (Dark Empire II). It's a bit convuluted, but it certainly explains why hes such a formidable warrior as a bounty hunter.

As for 3PO, I have a feeling Vader "blocked" certain memories in 3PO. That way, he can still never have had a memory wipe, and it also explains how Vader simply had 3PO shut himself off in Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

23. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Haven't we had this damned discussion 13897294385 times? For the record, this is the second most talked about topic, second only to the never-frickin'-ending Canon debates on which there are 13897294397 topics.

24. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Okay, Maverick, then you riddle me this;

He was young, and he did not rise when the Pleader entered his cell; he could see that the discourtesy displeased the older man.
    The Pleader Iving Creel seated himself on the bench facing Mereel. He wasted no time on courtesies, himself. "How will I plead you?"
    He had been stripped of the uniform of Journeyman Protector. He was an ugly young man who wore his prison grays with dignity...
    -From "Tales of the Bounty Hunters"

Young! See, he was young; how old would he have to have been for him to have trained with the Mandalorian warriors and fought in the Clone Wars as well?

25. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    By the by, "Last one Standing" starts way, way before Dark Empire II. That whole theory of yours is kinda kooky, if y'ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.