main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Everything

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lonewolf89, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    The product of a late night creative urge that was inspired by a conversation with Dev_Binks over in the Fans Against Dead Anakins thread.

Everything:

Anakin is light.

Through their bond he is a shining ray of white light that illuminates the shadows of her thoughts and casts hope into even the darkest places.

She feels that now as she struggles to regain what the Yuuzhan Vong took from her. She looks inside and sees that she is different. Nothing is as it was... nothing except for him. In the chaos of Riina/Tahiri, in the the darkness of a half Vong mind, his presence still shines brightly.

~~~~~~

Anakin is strength.

She feels it as he fights, all focused thoughts and coiled muscle. She senses him through a connection stronger than anything tangible. As the enemy approaches, he is the rock and they are the wave. They rush forward only to crash against the immovable object.

A warrior. A hero.

A savior who battled across a moon conquered by the enemy to rescue her from a fate worse than death.

Even as her own walls come crumbling down, she can take refuge within him. When the darkness of night creeps in, haunting her, she sleeps knowing he is there; a sentry standing guard with a violet blade ready to defend.

He is the unbreakable one, whose walls are thicker than durocreat. Throughout the horrors of war, he becomes the fountain of strength that fills her when her own courage fails.

~~~~~~

Anakin is love.

As he holds her, brushing away the phantom visions of a too real nightmare, she feels it flowing through him. A thing he can form no words for but something that threatens to consume him just the same.

He would do anything for her... die for her if it was required.

As the tears slide down her cheeks and his lips kiss them away, she sends back the same emotion through the bond that has become her one constant. She feels the promise unspoken between them. The promise of forever.

~~~~~

Anakin is Everything.

Friend, lover, guardian, and healer. She trusts him with her life and with her heart. He has become the air she breaths and the blood that flows through her veins.

Anakin Solo is her everything, and without him, there is nothing.

2. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Lonewolf: [:D] :D

And then he dies! :eek: :_|

I'm not sure whether that's optimistic, defiant, ultimately bleak, or something more complex and positive and fulfilling than any of the above...

Simple, short, and... superb! :cool:

Some lines in this that I really like...

She feels that now as she struggles to regain what the Yuuzhan Vong took from her. She looks inside and sees that she is different. Nothing is as it was... nothing except for him. In the chaos of Riina/Tahiri, in the the darkness of a half Vong mind, his presence still shines brightly.

She feels it as he fights, all focused thoughts and coiled muscle. She senses him through a connection stronger than anything tangible. As the enemy approaches, he is the rock and they are the wave. They rush forward only to crash against the immovable object.

Even as her own walls come crumbling down, she can take refuge within him. When the darkness of night creeps in, haunting her, she sleeps knowing he is there; a sentry standing guard with a violet blade ready to defend.

As he holds her, brushing away the phantom visions of a too real nightmare, she feels it flowing through him. A thing he can form no words for but something that threatens to consume him just the same.

She trusts him with her life and with her heart.

I'm intrigued that those are all mostly about Anakin - and yet, in the POV, in the looking outward, you seem to define Tahiri alongside him, as well.

I guess that's the thing, isn't it - they define each other...

- The Imperial Ewok

3. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Beautiful piece of writing, LoneWolf. :)

JD.

4. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Everything - talk about your open ended titles. I think your selling Tahiri a little short though, I think it was more of a symbiotic relationship, rather then the permissive parasitic relationship.
    (Gordon)

5. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    =D= Very nice Lonewolf.

I think you nailed Tahiri pretty qood. I really enjoyed how she felt about him.

Simple, brilliant, and sad.:_|

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Beautifully done!

Anakin is Everything.

Friend, lover, guardian, and healer. She trusts him with her life and with her heart. He has become the air she breaths and the blood that flows through her veins.

Anakin Solo is her everything, and without him, there is nothing.

That hurt, but in a good way! =D=

7. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Wow. I really think you defined Anakin in this piece, and it was beautifully written. At this point, Tahiri was really leaning on him, and I think you captured that excellently.

8. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Thrawn McEwok: I actually depressed myself while writing this. There I was, happily working away, and then it hits me; Oh, yeah, Anakin died.

;) Exactly. I really can't imagine what one would be like without the other.

JDH3: Thank you! :D

Valley_Lord:

I agree with you. They do have a very give and take relationship.

However, I wasn't writing about their relationship. I was writing about Tahiri's thoughts on Anakin, and in her mind, I think, he's the hero. She doesn't really see all the things she is to him.

Kissa: Thank you for the feedback! I always love writing these kinds of stories.

Though, I swear, one day I will manage to create something that doesn't revolve around these two. Honestly! I will! [face_worried]

VaderLVR64: *bows* Thankies!

SakuraTsukikage:

I really appreciate that. I don't think the EU dealt enough with the direct aftermath of Tahiri's capture, and they certainly didn't take advantage of all the A/T bonding time that could have taken place. I'm glad to know you enjoyed it. :)

9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    One of the most beautiful A/T pieces I've ever read, Lonewolf =D= I knew you were a great writer already, yet this still impressed me :D

Anakin is light.
    Through their bond he is a shining ray of white light that illuminates the shadows of her thoughts and casts hope into even the darkest places.

From that moment on, I knew this was going to be great. The whole thing was so beautifully written that it reads like poetry. You used lots of detail and metaphors throughout that create all sorts of great images for the reader's mind.

Loved the present tense POV. Adds a sense of immediacy to how desperately Tahiri needs him.

Tahiri just isn't the same without Anakin, and you certainly captured how incomplete she is now. It also parallels the way fans of A/T feel about the EU post-SBS, IMO.

Fantastic work :) I'm blown away! So good to see you here and writing again and I hope you continue :D

10. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Woah!!! Thats the only thing that sums this up. I'd expect this kind of quality from Stover.

11. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    :_| Make me depressed even more, why don't ya? :_|

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Though I wonder what this would've been like had it included a yellow polka-dot bikini. [face_thinking] *cough*A/T challenge*cough* :p

And I suggest to anyone to read this while listening to the music from The Omen. It's an interesting contrast: girl describing the love of her life, and people shouting "Satani!" :p

12. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    YodaKenobi: [face_blush] Thank you very much, Yoda! I appreciate the feedback. :D

Yodas-evil-twin: *bows* :D

Whitey: *hands Whitey a Kleenex*

Hummm, now that would have been interesting, and a true show of writing talent. [face_laugh]

ROTFL! [face_devil]

13. Imperial-Hippy

Imperial-Hippy Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Very well done. Short, but said all that needed to be said. =D=

Got to feel sorry for Tahiri in hindsight. poor lass.

I would say the best A/T fic ive read but my master might be reding and she has wrote a few. [face_shhh]

Great work.

14. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    beautiful work =D=

~ Mags ~

15. ImperialSpy

ImperialSpy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2005
    I just came upon this - very beautiful =D=

16. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Very touching, LoneWolf89. He certainly was her rock...and to some he still is. :D

As the enemy approaches, he is the rock and they are the wave. They rush forward only to crash against the immovable object.

Wonderful imagery here. I'm not completely sure of the reference, but it seemed perfect for his "death" scene in SBS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.