main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Everytime We Touch - *songfic*; Luke / Mara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Sakura, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Sakura

Darth_Sakura Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2005
    Disclaimer - Don't own anything except the idea for the story. Star Wars is owned by George Lucas, and the song is Cascada's.

Every Time We Touch

Even in the depths of hyperspace, far away from him, she could feel their connection. It seemed like his presence was always in her mind. She hated?no, she loathed to admit it, but she needed him. And there was no doubt he needed her; every time he needed his butt pulled from the fire, she was always the one that got the 'honor' of doing it.

I still hear your voice, when you sleep next to me.
    I still feel your touch in my dreams.
    Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why
    Without you it's hard to survive.

But despite the predicaments he managed to get himself into, she couldn't deny there was something else there.

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling.
    And every time we kiss I swear I could fly.
    Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
    Need you by my side.
    'Cause every time we touch, I feel this static.
    And every time we kiss, I reach for the sky.
    Can't you hear my heart beat so...
    I can't let you go.
    Want you in my life.

He was her best friend in every way possible. She'd never let anyone else see past the facade like she had him. And he returned the favor fully. He trusted her with his heart like no other person had, and that both thrilled and terrified her.

Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky.
    They wipe away tears that I cry.
    The good and the bad times, we've been through them all.
    You make me rise when I fall.

It terrified her because she'd never gotten as close to another person as she had him. And it thrilled her because of their connection.

Need you by my side.
    'Cause every time we touch, I feel this static.
    And every time we kiss, I reach for the sky.
    Can't you hear my heart beat so...
    I can't let you go.
    Want you in my life.

And if ever asked to choose the one thing she loved most about him, she would say something random. But if he asked, she would tell him the truth:

Need you by my side.

THE END

2. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    This is a touching little story. :)

I first read it before you added the "Luke/Mara" part to the title. I thought that, not knowing who you're specifically talking about was a nice addition to what you're telling the reader. I figured, this could have been about another couple also.

(And this is where my J/J fangirlness steps in... [face_blush] )

Anyhow, what your text conveys fits well into what Mara could really feel. Nice job!

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    It terrified her because she'd never gotten as close to another person as she had him. And it thrilled her because of their connection.

I think that sounds very much like Mara. Nice little fic! :D

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I clicked in here because it was a viggie and I'm on a viggie tear, and... wow... it fits so well with Mara and Luke, and her thinking about him from a great distance.

Well done. :)

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was wonderful

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved the peek into Mara's mind as she thought of Luke and their relationship.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_love] Aww, lovely fic!!@};- Beautiful! And such a great use of the song!! :)

Even in the depths of hyperspace, far away from him, she could feel their connection. It seemed like his presence was always in her mind. She hatedâ?¦no, she loathed to admit it, but she needed him. And there was no doubt he needed her; every time he needed his butt pulled from the fire, she was always the one that got the 'honor' of doing it.
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Darth_Sakura

Darth_Sakura Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2005
    If y'all liked this story, I've posted a link in my profile to my Fanfiction.net profile, which features several other romance stories. This is my only Star Wars fanfic so far, but if you like Star Trek, That 70's Show, or the WWE then I think you'll like at least one of my other stories. Enjoy, and if you read them, please comment!

-Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.