main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eviction Pass-- THIS WEEK: Rhett and Carmen are immune to eviction!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by -_-_-_-_-_-, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Several users PMed me expressing confusion over the use of the eviction pass. Hopefully this thread will clear things up a bit.

- An eviction pass must be purchased before the beginning of the final eviction vote by the JC.

- Only one pass can be purchased per housemate for the entire game.

- Like points, eviction passes are not transferable between housemates.

- **CHANGED**From this point on, house nominations will be due by SUNDAY 9 PM board time. If your vote is not submitted by then, it will not be counted.

- **CHANGED**If you want to use an eviciton pass you must send a PM to droideka27 by SATURDAY 9pm, so that those using the passes can be announced, and housemates will have 24 hours to vote.

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

This won't work either. The only way for the pass to have any reasonable chance of working is if people are required to use it prior to nominations being made.

There are eight people in the house, so 16 votes will be cast for nomination. Let's say 4 of those people all vote for the same two. Those two vote for the same two. The remaining two split their votes between one from the first two and one from the scond two.

Housemate X -- 6 votes
    Housemate Y -- 4 votes
    Housemate A -- 4 votes
    Housemate B -- 2 votes

It is even possible that there could only be three people receiving nomination votes. What if all four of these people decide to use their eviction pass? What if only three do? What happens to the one person?

This rule creates the possibility of putting no one up for nomination. The only way for it to work is to make the housemates who want to be safe in a given week announce prior to the vote that they are immune. The risk is that they lose their immunity when they don't need it, but that's the risk they need to take.

C'mon, people. Think this through.

AYBABTU

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Thanks Chris.

Currently five people in the house have enough points to buy a task. So this week could become interesting.

Another thing is lets say housemate A is put up with housemate B. B buys an eviction free pass. So housemate C goes up and also buys a pass. The only housemates to recieve votes that week were A, B and C. So who would go up?

4. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Well, I'll have to consult with chris, but if all the nominated housemates all have eviction passes (and feel like using them, that's the key) then we can have you guys vote again, exclding the people who bought it out.

Personally i don't know why 5 people would use it in the same middle round, that seems rather crazy. I would want to save it.

5. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

That's all well and good, Tracy, but the same thing happens doing it the way I describe above, only you skip the meaningless first vote. My way is the only way to keep everything on a reasonable schedule.

AYBABTU

6. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Rhett brings up a good point.

7. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Yeah, AYBABTU's way is more sensical (word?).

8. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Alright, I think it's a bit scary because you can end up totally wasting a massive amount of points, but if that's how you all feel (which seems to be the case) we'll go with rhett's suggestion.

If you want to use your evition pass you MUST let me know by 9pm sunday night, when your votes are due.

ALso, I realize this might have messed up your strategies, as a few of you have already voted. SO! If you wish to change your vote, you have until 9pm sunday night to let me know, and it will be changed with no problems whatsoever.

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    When I was in scouts, they always told us that if you get lost, drink they water in your canteen, as the rangers tended to laugh at hikers who died of dehydration with full canteens.

10. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    When I was in Scouts, they told us that if your lost, stay in one place.

11. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Omg... I am a total retard. I heard the change from noon to 9pm, but for some reason i thought it was sunday. since i changed policy last night, we'll keep it at sunday.

Truth be told, I'm going out tonight, and I probably wont be home till 12 or so, so don't expect anthing until then.

Remember, you can still change your votes, until tonight, and you can still let me know if you want to use your eviction pass. :)

12. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

Now the problem with the policy is this -- those using the policy as you now describe it must announce so in this forum, so that the housemates can make their votes accordingly. So if they have until 9PM tonight to use the pass, but the votes have to be in by that time, then people don't have time to react accordingly or scheme appropriately. You announced this policy after the time all the votes were due. The cycle will have to be extended well more than 24 hours for everyone to have a fair chance to adjust.

The only viable answer now, after the policy has been announced as before (with people having to declare their immunity after housemate nominations), is to go with that policy.

The utter lack of foresight into how you people are going to run this game is proving to make it much more tedious and inconsistent than is really worth bothering with. Now that we're so late in the process, you should really go with the policy as announced, at least this week. You could have made the revisions THREE DAYS AGO when I first brought them to everyone's attention. Now is just too late. It's the third or fourth policy in a week. Just leave it like it was and go with the votes that you have. This is becoming ridiculous.

Announce the votes as you have them. If one of the nominated parties wants to use immunity, then he or she can. It goes to the next one. If he or she wants to use it, then let him or her. And so on until you settle on two. Had the votes been announced shortly after they were due (last night at 9PM board time), then we likely could have worked this out by now.

AYBABTU

13. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Just a quick question:

What is the latest you can use your eviction pass? Can you bring it into the final 2/3? Or can you not use it after a certain point?

14. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    hmmmm... i swear dash and i had a conversation about this. I am going to just set the rule and say you can use your eviction pass up until the final three. so when there is three hoursemates, the eviction passes are no longer available for purchase.

15. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I assume no one is using their eviciton passes because i have not got any PMs stating such, but I'll give it till 9pm (when i leave) to accept them. If i get any before that time, I'll announce it in the forum.

16. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Reminder.... votes are due by sunday 9pm. again, if you feel like changing your vote, you can do so before that time as well.

NO ONE IS USING EVICTION PASSES THIS WEEK

17. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Reminder! if you want to use your eviction pass, you gotta let me know by 9pm tonight!

18. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    **Reminder! if you want to use your eviction pass, you need to let me know by 9pm tonight! **

19. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    No one has used an eviction pass

20. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Thanks for keeping us updated Tracy.

-Seldon

21. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Another Reminder! (haha i am so spamming this thread!)

Eviction Passes... if you want to use em you gotta let me know by 9pm tonight! (board time) Don't forget!!! I'll announce who used them(if anyone) at 9pm and then you can start PMing me your votes. :)

22. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Rhett and Carmen have both sent in their request to use their passes. Both are immune this week. Send your votes by PM to me! :)

Terr
    Jim
    PK

are you options for the vote.

23. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    this was the last week we could use eviction passes, right? since you can't use it in the final 3?

24. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Yep, no eviction passes were used, and none can ever be used again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.