main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evidence to suggest XXXXXX may have not died (Spoilers for SbS)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 0bi-Wan, Nov 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    When mentioning Spock, I forgot that he was brought back due to fanboys whinning :p

The diff is, LFL doesn't care about fanboys.

wk

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Not true. Stackpole addressed this to the effect of "No one can touch Mara Jade because of all the fanboys" or something to that effect.

3. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I have some mixed feelings on this.

On one hand, I really like Anakin and the relationship he was starting with Tahiri. I was also devastated by the way he died (not even being able to kiss tahiri goodbye :( )

But on the other hand, I don't want him to come back in some cheesey way just becuase the fans make a stink about it.

My heart says "bring him back!" but my mind says "no, he's gone... so leave it alone".

4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    But did MAS mean that, or was he just trying to throw us off????

wk

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "My favorite aspect of the Force is its mysticism (which is under attack with each an every prequel Lucas makes)."

If you're referring to the midichlorians, then the Force remains totally mystical. They're just an explanation as of why some people can tap into that mystical power that is the Force.

6. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I believe that if Anakin is still alive, the husk may play a role. I didn't see anyother dead being hauled away in a husk. Has anyone given thought to this point: the force is created by every living thing in the galaxy. Maybe the reason that the Vong cannot be sensed in the galaxy is because they are not alive? Hmmmmm. Sounds like an idea to develop in bringing Ani back.

7. 0bi-Wan

0bi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 13, 2001
    Let me stress Anakin's vision. He saw something of some value within the great arena in the Baanu Mir. Obviously his siblings are destined to fight in it, but isnt it strange that Anakin never got to tell anyone his vision?

MUCH more importantly, on a more comic note, just HOW can Anakin save Tahiri from a Yavin with thousands of Yuuzhan Vong, and not kill the Voxyn Queen from the Worldship?

Well guys, here is my bet. Im betting that Anakin is somehow still sentient in the lambent in his lightsaber. Which is why Vergere retrieved it. It is obvious the lambent's powers are mysterious, and I am almost certain they will bring him vague.

I have read Troy Denning's books from Dark Sun to Forgotten Realms, and he never leaves a death ambigious like this.

Mark my words.

8. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    While I'm sure Anakin's dead, I want to answer this : "Maybe the reason that the Vong cannot be sensed in the galaxy is because they are not alive?" with this.

9. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Obi_Wan...
    "I have read Troy Denning's books from Dark Sun to Forgotten Realms, and he never leaves a death ambigious like this."

I agree. I've read a lot of his works as well. However, I'd phrase it that he never leaves a life ambiguous like this.

Anyone who doesn't think there's more going on here than the mistaken, "He's dead" really is in denial about Anakin's life in SbS. :p

10. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jaina needs to give herself up to the dark side completely and go on a quest to bring Anakin back.

She should kill anyone in her way. Destroy ANY vong opposition! Let the HATE Flow through her... use the FULL power of the dark side to bring Little Brother back!!

11. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I think that Vergere recovered the lightsaber so that she'd have one of her own.

12. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    She already had one of her own, and still may have it. Besides, she could simply make one of her own if she wanted one. [face_plain]

13. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Does she know how to make one? Certainly. But that would be a very telltale sign that she herself was a Jedi. Her original lightsaber was probably lost over 50 years ago. Even if the Vong didn?t who took her didn?t know what it was, they would have wanted it destroyed simply because it was technology.

Therefore, if she wanted a new lightsaber, she would have to steal one and then convince Tsavong Lah to let her keep it. Given that she already has a great deal of influence with him, and she?s evidently quite skilled and dissembling, I think that she could convince him that she has a valid reason for keeping it around.

14. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Yep - to give it back to Jimmy so he can kill Lah. :)

15. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I too have read Denning's Dark Sun books and to compare the Dark Sun world with the SW galaxy is completely meaningless.

It doesn't matter anyhow. DR will keep everyone's hopes regarding Anakin afloat long enough for Jacen to emerge as the clear savior of the GFFA. Then they will bury Anakin.

16. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    You know, it makes sense. What is the point of creating this cool character that everybody loves, develop him, give him a love interest, and then kill him off in flames and glory. It would make a sense if it was set in the 1940s in Europe but not in the SW galaxy. Why couldn't they kill off a different major character, but one who we could live without. A sidekick like Chewbaca, although he didn't have much function, he was a very major character. I'm sorry he had to die, but WHY JIMMY (******)?!!

17. 0bi-Wan

Nov 13, 2001
    Considering Jaina is the most shallow Jedi out there, I wish she would stay in the Dark Side and gain some integrity. She hides behind the fact that by riding in an X-Wing and shooting down skippers, that she is a worthy Jedi.

Shoo Jaina Shoo!

Good riddance.

18. SCI_FI_NUT

SCI_FI_NUT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2001
    one quick note i'd like to point out about spock's death and come back. Yes i agree, spock's return in search for spock was pretty corny and in many ways dumb, BUT think long term if he HADN"T come back there wouldn't be any spock in number 4 "voyage Home" or number 6 "the undiscovered country"both movies are considered among the BEST st movies made in fact 6 arguably IS the best ever ade, and big reason for that is because of Spock's presence. Honestly try to iagine either movie not having him and being as good.

The point is Anakin may come back in a way that makes some groan, hollar and complain, BUT who knows what execellent stories could later come out that wouldn't be as good with out him.

19. 0bi-Wan

Nov 13, 2001
    Im not sorry about Anakin's death, but man, he died like a wimp.

As if he wanted to die, sacrifice himself because of getting so many Jedi killed.

Time and again, we are proven that getting in an enemy territory and getting out is always with sacrifice in Star Wars.

Obi-Wan's sacrifice was worth something very significant and powerful. To allow Luke to escape.

Anakin's just seems very... trivial.. As if it will be forgotten in 2-3 books.

--O.W.

20. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Maybe the reason that the Vong cannot be sensed in the galaxy is because they are not alive?

That goes against Yoda talking to Luke about being able to sense everything in the force, including rocks.

You know, it makes sense. What is the point of creating this cool character that everybody loves, develop him, give him a love interest, and then kill him off in flames and glory. It would make a sense if it was set in the 1940s in Europe but not in the SW galaxy.

???? This is a joke right? Qui-Gon died, Darth Maul died, Anakin Skywalker died, Obi-Wan Kenobi died, Emperor Palpatine died, Queen Amidala died (or so it is believed who knows what well see in the NJO next), Thrawn died (I know some dont like him but others think hes the best) , Chewbacca died, ok so your Anakin Solo worship makes him more important than these characters so therefore he didnt deserver to die. All the chharacters above were cool and they bit the big one, death is a part of life, accept it.

Considering Jaina is the most shallow Jedi out there, I wish she would stay in the Dark Side and gain some integrity. She hides behind the fact that by riding in an X-Wing and shooting down skippers, that she is a worthy Jedi.

Can anybody say Luke Skywalker, the first leader of Rogue Squadron, he got in his X-wings and shot down TIE Fighters, is he unworthy to be a Jedi too

I think people are in denial here.

21. 0bi-Wan

Nov 13, 2001
    Jedi_Xen:

Luke Skywalker was not even considered a jedi trainee before he was under Yoda. He was mere raw force talent. And he contemplates his actions constantly in the earlier books.

All I've seen Jaina do is turn to the dark side the first moment she was challenged by the moment.

She is weak, its as simple as that. Kyp was weak. And all the others who turned for trivial and emotion-related reasons were weak. I don't care if they redeemed themselves, or will redeem themselves a thousand times, they are quitters.

While many people dislike Jacen, I see Luke in him. And Jacen is bound to become a very critical and wise Jedi Knight.

And more importantly.. I don't really go into denial for a mere book. Don't know about yourself though. We are analyzing the books and their possible plotlines if you haven't realized.

Adieu,

--O.W.

22. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    So you have to open yet another thread on the topic, it gets old everytime I open this forum seeing a new thread dedicated to Anakin biting the dust and how he will be back etc etc etc, had it.

I thought Redundant threads were supposed to be shut down. Wheres a mod when you need them.

23. 0bi-Wan

Nov 13, 2001
    Why do you feel the need to comment on the thread and take up space?

Please go be a disruption on someone elses thread.

Let's stay on the speculation if possible.

--O.W.

24. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Obi-Wan, here I was ready to defend Jacen at any cost when it is clear I do not need to do so with you. ;)

Still, I think it would be far more contrived to bring Anakin back than to leave him dead. They would have far more explaining to do to bring Anakin "back" than to simply burn his remains in the future.

Even the latest SW Insider clearly states that [Anakin] died heroically in combat. Clearly, the intention of SbS was to show that he died.

25. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Exactly -Vergere-. exactly :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.