evil empire

Discussion in 'Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by Dominick, Apr 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominick Jedi Padawan

i was watching monty python's life of brian and i got to thinking. what is it exactly that defines an evil empire? actions policies, economic decisions. i find myself wondering if any planets found themselveves better off after the emporor took control of the galaxy and would therefore suffer under the rule of the new republic. i'm jusrt curious about how you in fandom would describe an evil empire . please post your replys. but remember. empires fall.
  2. Ducky Jedi Knight

I think of evil empires as the last days of Rome. The people on top openly killed the poor of entertainment. It didn't start that way but the checks and balances of society were not there to make sure that the absolute power would not fall on anyone set of shoulders. Cause every one knows absolute power leads to the dark side, were as just absolute leads to the unconscious side. There are other examples of evil empires thru histories and some times the evil is a step from the corrupt and two from the unfeeling blanket laws that assumes that all situations are the same so the man that steals for food is in jail just as long as the man who steals for greed. Empires rise and fall it's all a matter of time. What they do in between will show what they stood for
  3. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    Evil empires usurp peoples personal liberties in the cause of "public good and safety", they think they can raise your children better than you can and then punish you if you do not expose them to their "medicines",force you to fight THEIR WARS, tax you because they think THEY can spend YOUR money better than you can, and wield a sword of compliance, lest you be labelled an unpatriotic traitor. I, personally, don't know any place in reality like this ;)

-Axe :)
  4. Oolan Jedi Knight

I heartily agree with our honorable jedi. That is an evil empire. He forgot to mention that it also tries to run all other Empires as they see fit!!!
  5. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    Evil Empires also send your tax dollars(credits) on a round-trip to Coruscant before actually making the trip back to the mid-rim territories. :)

-Axe
  6. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    Evil Empires also compell you to have "their" filth-ridden, highly reactive vaccines while at the same time send you to a penal colony for using spice! :)

-Axe
  7. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    "Evil empires" support the "spice-free" workplace act, creating a society of jobless spice addicts to invade our homes and planets while we work!

-Axe :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.