main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Nothing on Sion, IIRC. And Nihilus is only mentioned by name once, nothing new though.

What I find more interesting than anything about this article are the details about Lumiya and her apprentices. I never really could follow what was going on there, but now, everything is falling into place and Vader's Legacy can't come fast enough...

2. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Since I'm not an Insider subscriber, I kinda hope we do get this kind of info in the online supplements. It will also mean we get Abel writing it. That's not to disparage other writers, but, well...Abel is the Man of the Fans. [face_peace]

3. Darth_Krayt

Darth_Krayt Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2006
    I really want a story about Nihilus because he is one of the most scariest character of the Star Wars Universe, look at his eyes:
    [image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/cronusblackchurch/Star%20Wars/DarthNihilus3.jpg]
    The people of Obsidian did a wonderfull job!

4. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    That's high praise, LH. Thank you. I'm a huge dark sider fan too, obviously, and it was great to do something of this scope with the Sith, and especially to tie it all back to Lumiya and the future of the Sith order. It was fun to set her up as a string-pulling villain, just lurking ominously in the background throughout the piece.

Something that was slightly changed in approvals. Originally, "the Lord" or "god-king."

The name Cognus is another change that comes down from LFL, though it's right up my alley.

This is new. Ziost has always made the most sense.

No question. I was always hopeful END would eventually see the light of day, though... and I love surprises.

Very gracious of you, Ulicus.

Hmm, Darth Ulicus... ;)

5. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    I needed to save something for Vader's Legacy. ;)

A pet theory of mine even longer than I've been writing officialy for LFL. I have a real love/hate relatinship with the Prophets of the Dark Side. Hopefully it all makes sense to all of the three people who keep track of their backstory.

It's small things like this that often times serve as the catalyst for my desire to take on a particular project. For History of the Mandalorians, it was my appreciation for the Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala Clone Wars background from Marvel comics. For Evil Never Dies, it was a desire to tackle a "Sith Lord" two dozen millennia before the events of Tales of the Jedi.

Adas' background was altered several times over the last five years. Originally, it wasn't the Rakata he did battle with, but the Exiles, who at the time were in fact the fallen Jedi from the First Great Schism, not the second.

You always gotta be flexible with these things.

Take care,
    Abel

6. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Just a small question in general to anyone who might know:

Just what does an original Sith look like??

Because in the comics we've seen various kinds:

Sadow-Sith: They've got basically everything human except the Skin coloration and Chin Fins.

Random-Sith: They are similar to the Sadow-Sith, but they've got more "ape-like" features on their face

Kressh-Sith: Basically the Random-Sith, but they've got the literall Pharaoh's beard in their chin.

So which one of these varieties is supposed to be the "unmessed" one??

7. Darth_Krayt

Jun 17, 2006
    I'm a great fan of you! Although i'm new i allready have great respect for you!
    Yet there is one thing i'd like to see is some info and new pictures of Darth Nihilus, he is very special. I'd like to see what gave him the power to consume the Force of living things! He frightened me in The Sith Lords and after that i red, Unseen Unheard. So is it possible that you can give more info about this guy or will his history be explained in KotOR comics?
    Cheers,
    Darth Krayt

8. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004

Sadow, Kressh and Ragnos were all Sith/Near-Human hybrids, And I guess the Massassi will be the "purest" Sith we are gonna get since they were devolved sith.

9. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Which Massasi?? The ones in GAOTS or the ones in TSL??

10. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Actually, Kressh was pure-blood Sith.

Sadow was the hybrid - with mostly Jedi blood.

11. Charlii

Charlii Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I beleive that what you call "random-sith" (slaves, background characters) are mostly pure Sith. The Lords all had Jedi blood in them, although to different degrees. The Massassi were bred to be a special cast of warriors long before GAotS and can not be seen as baseline Sith.

/Charlii

12. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    Err... didnt know that... Where did that come from?

13. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    I think that was Sadow's arguement of superiority over Kressh. He had more original jedi blood and therefore was "better".

But Kressh and Ragnos themselves are a bit different from the more average sith society, they have those weird protrusions...

So basically, this guy is what a baseline Sith looks like?

[image=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8174/darksith21kx.jpg]

14. Charlii

May 16, 2005
    Kressh was part-jedi as well as Sadow, it's just that Sadows bloodline were more "pure" (not entirely, if the cheekfins are any indication).

I think that is about as pure Sith as you get, yes. The chin-growth might be because of some other near-human mix in Kressh, or simply an odd result of the human-sith crossing.

/Charlii

15. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Part of the problem is the artwork is consistent.

Compare Sadow of the NEGTC (very human looking) to that of the TOTJ covers (sorta human/sorta Sith) to the interior TOTJ artwork. (quite Sith looking).

It's even different between Golden Age of the Sith and Fall of the Sith Empire.

And then this, from the Factfiles and Secrets of the Sith

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Naga_Sadow_Headshot.JPG]

16. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    I steered clear of the Mandalorian Wars, but there's quite a bit of new info on the New Sith Wars. Originally there was also a section on Darth Rivan, though that got cut.

Yes. But probably not hyperspace capable.

Admittedly, I quite like that one myself. :D

Flattered, Arthur, thank you. I'll leave that to Leland. Otherwise, I probably couldn't write anymore. It's a big job.

Funny you should mention that, since Dan, Joe and I are all very interested in getting HoloNet news rolling again. Let the folks at Insider know!

Complaints are cool. I steered pretty clear of Plagueis; that'll be James Luceno's job.

That's *a* battle of Malrev 4. Kaan later took the Brotherhood of Darkness there for his own reasons centuries later.

Take care,
    Abel

17. Charlii

May 16, 2005
    Does that mean that they sleeper-shipped over to Ziost? Or just that they didn't invent hyperspace capability on their own but got it from the Rataka? We kind of "know" that they must have gotten to Malachor somehow...

/Charlii

18. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    That's *a* battle of Malrev 4. Kaan later took the Brotherhood of Darkness there for his own reasons centuries later.

Yeah, we figured that out....wookieepedia was waaaay ahead of me. ;)

Does that mean that they sleeper-shipped over to Ziost?

Ziost is close enough that they use convential spacecraft to get there.

19. Darth_Krayt

Jun 17, 2006
    And what about the real Sith? Who existerd thousands of years before the Sith Empire? Are there any pics off?

20. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Those are the red guys.

They still made up the dominant population of the Sith Empire. It was only the ruling class (ie, the Sith Lords) who had human ("Jedi") blood.

21. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Well, they went to Ziost after meeting and defeating the Rakata no??

Therefore they could have taken a little souvenir from the guys....

22. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    The newest picture of Nihilus I can think of is the one Chris Trevas illustrated for the Star Wars Miniature Game. It's also one of the best in my opinion:

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/3/3c/DNs.jpg]

EDIT: Damn, double-post [face_blush]

23. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    Rakata tech was based on the force guiding their ships into hyperspace, So the question is, is the Sith have enough knowledge of the force other than "its magic" would be able to use rakata hyperspace capable ships?

24. Charlii

May 16, 2005
    If Adas holocron still in Lumiya's time is a potent source of knowledge about the Dark Side, I'd say they were advanced enough. But as said, they could just as well used sublight technology. A one-way trip without the need of staying in contact with the old home (or to stay in temporal sync with it) can just as easily be accomplished without hyperspace.

/Charlii

25. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Is it me or are Ancient Species all force sensitive now a days?? :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.