main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evil

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by JediMaster22, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Before the prequels, how many of you think that Darth Vader IS the Epitomy of Evil?

Now, you know who is MORE evil than Vader.

I think think GL is going to make Anakin very evil, but doesn't come ANYWHERE close to the epitomy of evil.

We also now have General Grievous. Another kind of Evil, but between GG and Vader. Is Vader MORE evil?

And, in Star Wars universe what's the origin of evil?
    This might be EU, but I hope GL drops a hint in EP3.

I mean on earth some of us we believe the bible. Those of us believe in the bible believes in Satan, Lucifer, Devil, Diablo.

Are Sith influenced by a Greater evil, or they are the source of evil itself?

Discuss (And don't turn this into a religon war!)

This really should go in the SW Saga forum

2. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Palpatine is the most evil guy in the universe.

3. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Well, he already has told us what's evil. Basically the Dark Side itself is a metaphor for evil. Note that you don't have to be a Force user to be an agent of the dark side. The Nemoidians could be seen as agents of the dark side because they work for Darth Sidious etc.

I think it's also worth mentioning that things like fear and anger aren't themselves evil, but as stated in the movies they are what CAN lead to evil. Also George Lucas has talked alot about greed and possesiveness leading to the dark side, which is implied in Episode II and probably III as well.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Well I don't think I or anyone else can really comment on how evil GG is seeing that none of us have seen Episode III. I think one of the major reasons to do the PT was to give us a more in-depth journey with Anakin/Vader. Evil does not always begin that way. I don't think there is any evil force using the Sith such as the Devil. I think the Dark Side is just the opposite of the light. That without bad there is no good.

In my opinion if one character in the saga is the epitome of evil it is Emperor Palpatine/Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious/Senator Palpatine.

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.