main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN E'ville Jedi Christmas Party discussion thread: December 15, 2006

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mike-El, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Due to family X-Mas parties and the obligations that come with it the 15th of December is really the only viable date as to when I can host it. December 9/10th was the only good weekend to have it on but that gave us no time to plan/discuss it.

Any ideas?

2. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Did we formally decide that you would host it? I remember some discussion about it awhile ago, but I wasn't able to make it to the meeting where we discussed it. I mean there was nothing wrong with your place, but we want to make these things open to everyone. Someone else may have a place that'll work just as well, and they could possibly be more flexible.

That having been said, I think the 15th sounds like a good date, and we'll go with that unless someone has any complaints about it. So, that means, I need to know three things:

1. Does anyone else want to host the party? If so, you need to post by Wed., so we can get a place settled on (probably at the GM, if others want to host).

2. Will the 15th work for everyone? If not, post by Wed. as well. Feel free to suggest a better time if you have one. Cole, will you be home by then?

3. How about entertainment and food choices? Potluck has worked well in the past, and I think we should continue that. As for entertainment, I'm thinking actually watching a SW movie might be a good idea for a change, though we're certainly open to suggestions. Also, do we want a gift exchange? If so, will we draw names, or do the auction thing we did in the past (somebody help me with the name, I don't remember). $10 sounds like a good price point to shoot for, if we do an exchange. Let's not put the entire burden of food and fun on the host. :)

Everyone post your opinions here ASAP, so we can get this thing planned. We'll of course discuss this at the GM Saturday, but Mike's right, we need to get the ball rolling.

3. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Our City Christmas party is on the 15th and dept heads are required to go. Is the 15th the only day available?

4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I will be leaving that afternoon around six, so I will be home by 8pm Evansville time. If the party is still going on then (I'm sure it will), I am more than happy to come straight there on my way home.

Mike's place or wherever is good. I can get to his pretty quickly, just keep heading down 41 a bit more.

Don't watch the Holliday Special without me! [face_dancing] On second thought, do. ;)

Here's one more thought, does a date after Christmas work for anyone?

5. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I presented it during the September meeeting, everyone seemed ok with it.

Hopefully we can hash that out at the next GM.

I would mind seeing ESB. Due to the college students the gift exchange might be a little difficult for them. Maybe focusing that money into the food selection may give is a better dinner/food option.

The sooner we can organize this the better success it will become.

6. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Well, Mike said the 15th would be the only day he could host it. If we need to change the date, we'll have to find a different location. If someone else would be willing to host, we could theoretically change the date. I have a family reunion the 16th, so I wouldn't want that day, but another time that weekend would work for me, perhaps Sunday. I think Cole's idea of having it after Xmas might be a good idea, what with everyone so busy around the holidays. That may also mean we wouldn't have to find another location. We want to schedule it so as many people as possible can attend.

Any ideas, anyone?

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm open for days other than the 15-19th, as I have two finals on the 15th and a trip to Ft Wayne starting then. I'm also in favour of uni students not having to bring gifts, because I personally have all my money tied up in food, fuel, and Xmas gifts for family and significant other.

And I vouch for pot luck as well, regardless if I attend, because it's always fun, and you get to try new stuff.

So yeah :D

8. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I will have to recheck with my in-laws to see what dates can happen other than the 15th. That day seemed good but I doubt there will be a date that can accomodate everyone.

Would you all post what days everyone would be available? That would help us more.

9. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Not everyone will be able to come no matter what the day, but we do need to strive for a majority.

The 15th is a good day for me (but another might work). I'm personally against waiting until after the first of the year. If that happens I think it will simply be forgotten about.

Pot luck is great. We could all eventually post what we plan to bring...ESB would be fine with me...along with Sith or Jedi

The random gift exchange / auction is always fun...not everyone has to participate.

10. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I am back the evening of the fifteenth, and am free every day but the 30th. On the nights leading up to Christmas, I might have to leave before it gets too late, becasue I will be fudgepacking I think. [face_cowboy]

11. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Poor Jennifer...

:D

12. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    *buries his face in his arm and pounds on his desk*

WRONG!! It's WRONG!!

10 bonus points to whoever gets that reference =D=

Thread Status: