main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN E'ville Jedi's Star Wars Collector's Forum

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by yoda_pimp, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    TRU-Holo Grievous- free with $30 purchase - Much cooler than the Emperor
    Target- Commander Fox- 12.99 Not too impressed considering the extra 6.00 - 7.00 to purchase
    Walmart- 501 Clone with place to insert pic of self-should be 7/26 and price is unknown - not sure why pic of self in important - pass

exclusives confirmed with no dates:
    TRU- Dagger Squadron B-Wing - Looking forward to it, wallet is not!
    Walmart- Gunship with WWII like paint scheme from CW trailer (the pic of the lady with the clone helmet painted on the gunship) - will they do it right and close the doors up and I mean all of them?
    Walmart- A-Wing- will be out 7/26 should have some new parts and a new pilot figure - Possible purchase but otherwise sounds good to me

2. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    The A-wing is being held off this fall. Target and TRU will also have their own Gunship exclusives with different squadron paint jobs. So the 7/26 exclusive list is just the Target Commander Fox and the TRU Holo Grievious. SDCC is in 2 weeks and there will be tons of info for the fall stuff coming then. All I know is that with 3 gunships, the A-Wing, the WM exclusive 501st voice changer helmet, and all the exclusives around Christmas will make this a very costly year.

3. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Any guesses?

[image=http://images.entertainmentearth.com/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87923lg.jpg]

4. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Hasbro doesn't know a good thing when it has it.

Here is a snippet from ActionFigs.com:

ActionFigs.com: We're aware that Hasbro's license for Battlestar Galactica expires at the end of the year, and many collectors are saddened because the BSG ships are often highly thought of (and most are highly sought-after!). Might Hasbro pursue future BSG licenses? Has the BSG Titanium line been doing as strongly as hoped? How did it rate compared to Star Wars Titaniums? We've seen listings for the BSG Titanium Basestar, will this piece be released before the license is up, and will there be any other new BSG Titaniums released (like Hasbro's previously-mentioned Cylon Heavy Raider)?

The wise and illustrious Hasbro: Right now our plan is to just focus on Star Wars for the assortment for 2009 and beyond. We do not do comparisons across licenses, but we're very glad to have had the chance to produce some great Battlestar vehicles. The Cylon Basestar will be the last BSg Titanium vehicle released, coming out in the last wave this year.

What a croc of bantha poo!

My 2-cents: What BS! I guess anymore BSG ships might knock a repaint out of the way for reHAShBRO?

5. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I gots me a dandy new Titanium TIE Defender! [face_money_eyes] What you got? Nothin I'd say! [face_shame_on_you]

6. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Lord Malefant - The Action Figure! Almighty Cthulhu smiles on us all! TENTACLES! TENTACLES! TENTACLES!

wait...wait...

[face_worried]

does this mean 'He-Who-Should-Remain-Nameless' is awaking from slumber in the sunken city of Ry'Leth ?

...oh dear...

7. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    http://www.starshipmodeler.com/basics/ss_resin.htm

GREAT article on the basics of building Resin model kits! If your interested, check it out. Resin kits are not hard, but they are a totally different beast than building and painting a standard plastic kit.

Jammies

8. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    There's an antiques/consignment store(s) in what used to Washington Square Mall in Evansville. They have a bunch of SW stuff spread out in their main store.

They had an old Kenner Tie Fighter and Kenner Imperial Shuttle (pricey, the Tie had both wings and both cockpit doors, and the wing-pop-off function still worked!).

They've got a bunch of SW:TPM figures and a few from other lines as well. Plus a bunch of just odds and ends SW stuff. My oldest daughter and I were browsing around there. They had a bunch of the recent BK "bobble-head"-type SW stuff for the release of the SW:TCW animated movie. They had some loose figures. There was a large boxed playset... I think it was the Arena from EPII, with droid factory.

Mostly, it was just loose stuff spread out througout the store.

Also: my son just bought the General Greivous starfighter that the figures fit in. That thing is bigger and sturdier than I expected.

9. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    How much was the arena and did it look complete?

10. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    It wasn't marked. I had my daughter turn it over and over looking for a price tag - we didn't find one. It looked complete - but I didn't open it up and dig through it to see.

It looked like much of their stuff of that type might have come from "close-outs" or overtocks or similar aquisitions. So they'd be complete - just old.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

11. TK-1945

Jan 13, 2007
    Thanks for the info Capt.

Good news for those wanting the BMF from Santa. Wally world has it for $99!

http://www.walmart.com/browse/Action-Figures/Star-Wars/_/N-2rdpZ1z0mfe6Zaq90Zaqce/Ne-aq7k?ic=48_0&ref=125871.128797+500528.4294144878&tab_value=4229_All&path=0%3A4171&tab_value=4229_All&catNavId=4172&fromPageCatId=4172&catNavId=4172

12. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    For Christmas, my son got a Clone Wars General Greivous action figure (with 2 arms) and a Plo Koon action figure with the lightsaber gauntlet. A clone trooper keychain. A Clone Trooper voice changer helmet and a build-your-own lightsaber kit.

He was very excited as these are the first "real" and interesting action figures he has that aren't Galactic Heros or Legos.

13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2009/michael-jackson/icatalog4.html

FYI:

You can by Wacko Jacko's Star Wars crap.

14. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    2009 will be the last year for the Titanium Series, after that it will be on hiatus.

I was hoping for an Ebon Hawk. :(

15. TK-1945

Jan 13, 2007
    Has anyone seen the Scramble on Yavin box set in stores yet? I'm afraid this is going to be one of those short packed items since it's something I actually want.

Also, what's your opinion of the Clone Turbo Tank? Anyone else irritated that Hasbro is making this instead of say Jabba's sail barge, a bigger sandcrawler, improved AT-ST, or even a Death Star Gunner's laser cannon?

16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm actually super excited by the Clone Tank, and may (if it looks good enough) buy it to turn it into a studio scale replica.

As for the Ebon Hawk.. stang! Why didn't they do that? A Dewback? Honestly. The Ebon Hawk AND the Dark Forces ship.. the.. um.. Moldy Crow would have been so cool.

Jammies

(that ship from Force Unleashed was crap)

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm in love! Can't wait for this....(and in 1/72)

http://www.wettringer-modellbauforum.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=19547

Jammies

18. TK-1945

Jan 13, 2007
    Any sightings of the new Hoth Rebel trooper with the interchangeable heads? I was in Comic Quest last week and noticed they had ESB Luke from the Medical Frigate and I believe he's part of the same wave.

19. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I haven't seen it. What sucks is that for the longest time they had empty pegs and now they are filled with
    Saga Legends crap and Hasbro keeps on losing my dollars elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.