Evan, IN E'ville Jedi's Star Wars Costuming & Prop Forum

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-STORMTROOPER-Armor-Armour-Costume-ANH_W0QQitemZ200086626470QQcategoryZ37887QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd bid on this but I'm too Gorram fat.
  2. TK-1945 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If I can make the meeting this Sat. I'll bring a few items of my TK armor for show and tell. It's kind of in mid conversion to Sandtrooper at the moment.
  3. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    awesome i will bring a few Vader things as well..
  4. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Imperial-Officer-CAP-Hat-Head-Wear-costume_W0QQitemZ160094824735QQcategoryZ60361QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

They've been selling a bunch of these. Check out their store as well.
  5. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jumping franchises for a moment-

found this site dedicated to costuming for the new version of Battlestar Galactica.

Visit-

thecolonialfleet.org

I'm getting a mighty powerful urge to buy the dark navy blue BG officer's uniform.

mUsT rEsIsT tHe UrGe

[face_money_eyes]

[face_not_talking]

=P~

[face_not_talking]
  6. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    Looking at their ebay store - I could be a short fat ESB Han Solo or a short fat jedi (which would be kinda cool).

Heck - I could be a short fat anything [face_laugh] !!
  7. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    sorry i couldnt go the other night i was working... boo..
  8. HoosierTrooper Force Ghost

star 3
    I tell everyone I know... embrace your qualities and do a Rancor Keeper costume! Its always a hit at conventions, and no more revealing than a slave Leia. :D

Seriously, there are a thousand stormtroopers, but only a handful of Malakili's.
  9. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-STAR-WARS-X-WING-HELMET-KIT-LUCASFILM-DON-POST_W0QQitemZ150102390166QQcategoryZ60361QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A rare and quality helmet that's relatively cheap so far
  10. TK-1945 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool find!:cool: I had to get one at that price.

11. TK-1945 Jedi Knight

star 1
    After posting about costuming the Special editions back in 97, I thought I'd share some of the costumes I've done in the past. Most of these were done before the internet made it easy to find resources and materials so they were not Dragoncon or 501st quality. A friend and myself had to mix and match most of these from what we could get locally. Still we had fun and never heard anything negative about our costumes. We would always try to costume in a group and make stuff for other friends, girlfriends, and children to make it more fun. So here goes...

Luke Skywalker (Tatooine)

Snake Eyes from G.I.Joe, Worn to a Joe convention in Ohio.

The Crow (I know who hasn't :rolleyes: )

Robin, For the opening of Batman Forever in Lexington KY.

Blue Ranger from Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. Helped make all 5 including Green and White Rangers. Did a lot of Birthday parties. [face_blush]

Boba Fett

And of course my fav... Stormtrooper.

Anyone else got any costuming stories?

12. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    Stormtrooper
    Darth Vader
    droids T-42 & 2-4T (my own creations)
    Starfleet TMP captain
    Knight Templar
    Roman Centurion
    Roman Legionairre
    Borg
    ZombieTech cyborg
    Alien Xenomorph
    General Grievous
    Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Endor Commando
    a whole cast of haunted house characters
    and sometimes, when I'm alone, and no-one is watching....
  13. TK-1945 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Where did you wear the Borg costume? I seem to recall seeing someone dressed up locally at a Star Trek movie opening or a small sci-fi con, can't remember which though. I do remember being impressed with the costume. There were also a couple of Klingon women at the same place that kept growling at me. I think it was a mating call.[face_worried]
  14. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    I did the borg at a Continuum Convention in '95
  15. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    I now have a place to get FX armour for 350.00 plus shipping. This does not include a helmet or holster or bodysuit but is alot cheaper than elsewhere.
  16. OBI-GYN-KENOBI Jedi Padawan

Is there a height requirement for a stormtrooper?
  17. TK-1945 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I thought I was a "little short for a Storm Trooper" at 5'7 and a half, but I've see shorter. Actually, I think Mark Hamill is my height.
  18. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    All you have to do is find some armour that will fit you. I've seen all sizes.
  19. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    Costuming SIG meeting this Friday. It's Good Friday, does that make a difference to anyone?
  20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Why is it good? :confused: Is it somehow inherently better to other Fridays?
  21. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well if the people that picked the day in question knew anything about Judaism, Passover, biblical history, and what "3 days in the tomb" meant; they would have Good Wednesday instead. These are the same people that insist that Dec. 25th is somebody's birthday and that there were wise men there at the time. But as it sits it's pretty special to some of us.

For the rest of us, it's the start of the weekend when we begin gorging ourselves on chocolate images of pagan fertility symbols.
  22. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    I've heard complaints, so let's watch out and make sure we don't step on anyone's religious toes here. Nothing good can happen when we discuss religion, so let's not even go down that road.
  23. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    So sorry, wasn't trying to offend any position/religion. If you were offended please PM me so I can apologise and clarify the statements made above. After which, the statement will make perfect sense. In the mean time, enjoy your chocolate bunnies and colored eggs.
  24. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    Don't we have freedom of religion?

Or is that frowned upon?
  25. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    You didn't, you were simply answering a question that was asked.

That is all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.