main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN E'ville Jedi's Star Wars Costuming & Prop Forum

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Yes you have freedom of religion and you can think whatever you want. Don't try to make this a constitutional or moral high ground issue. We simply don't get into it on the boards. You know that very well, so don't stir the pot.

Luckily, in this case, we didn't get too far into a religious discussion so I hope no harm is done. :) :D

EDIT: I can't spell...

2. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Anyhoo, who's coming to the meeting?
    Do we want to move it to the bowling alley as was suggested by the new guy.

3. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    I may be in town for the weekend. If I get back in time, I will try my hardest! :)

Will doing it at the bowling alley be good for bringing props and costumes? This will be my first costuming club meeting, so I'll do whatever you think is best.

4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I think Chuck just initially wanted a logistical question answered like: "Considering it's a holiday, is everyone still available for the meeting this Friday night?"

So, I do think we should all let Chuck know...talking mainly about the regular attendees plus newbies to the Costuming meeting...

Aside from that, I agree with Nathan. It's in our best interest not to discuss religion or politics here (or bait people).

5. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    I'm still going to try and be there. I'm almost done with my "budget" Sandtrooper back pack and I've modified my helmet for sound. Also, I vote to keep it at Comic Quest. It's a more nerd/geek friendly environment and the props might attract some new members.

6. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I hope you can make it. Bring your t-shirt design with you as well.

I would also like to keep it at Comic Quest and if time permits we could wonder over to Turoni's afterwards to say hi to Joe.

7. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    CQ it is. Turoni's is good.

8. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Perhaps "complaints" wasn't the best term for me to choose in my response--no one really complained, just expressed a desire not to have a religion discussion on the boards. I didn't mean to imply that anyone had offended anyone else, or that anyone had done anything wrong. I just saw where this might go, and wanted to nip it in the bud. Don't worry Chuck, you didn't offend anyone.

9. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Don't forget about the meeting tonight.

10. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    I will for sure be there tonight with plenty of resin parts to work on. :)

11. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    I've got my new gunbelt done.
    When can I bring the barrel?

12. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    I'm assuming you're wanting to store it at Comic Quest? If so, let me check with Jim and see what he says--this is the one thing I haven't talked to him about yet. Definitely bring it to the GM, though.

13. DarthPupmind

DarthPupmind Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2006
    Hey guys Collin and I had a great time at the prop meeting last night. Here's some links I wanted to share.
    http://www.therpf.com
    You'll really like the RPF trust me.

And for all your Force FX information, as well as info on any sabers that "light up," go to FX-Sabers. I'm a mod on this site known as Darth Maul. Really nice friendly forum.
    http://www.fx-sabers.com

14. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    Thanks for the links! It was cool meeting you and seeing the collection. Welcome to the club!

15. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    I second that Welcome! You guys' lightsabers were amazing. They will be a hit at Free Comic Book Day. :cool:

16. des0late

des0late Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2007
    i got my new belt here are a few pictures of it... [image=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/cs_royster/vaderbelt3.jpg]
    [image=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/cs_royster/vaderbelt2.jpg]
    [image=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/cs_royster/vaderbelt1.jpg]
    [image=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/cs_royster/vaderbelt.jpg]

17. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    The movie accurate snaps have been added. As penitence my manhood has been fed to the Pen1$ flytrap.

18. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Now I can sleep tonight.

I don't know how you survived this long.... :rolleyes:

19. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Bumpin' this up so's Ravenclaw can look at it.

20. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Do you guys want this sticky, so it's easy to find? Is there where costuming advice is to be dispersed?

21. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Hey everyone!

So! The next costuming SIG meeting is this coming Friday, Oct 5th. I was hoping for a show of hands as to who is thinking of attending!

Basically also...I know I'm the SIG leader now, but as you all know, I have no car, no bike, no rollar skates, golf cart, flying powers etc. Unfortunately (as I mentioned at the last GM) this means that unless I can convince any of my costuming brethren here at UE to come to the meetings too, I'll need a ride every month.
    Of course, UE is just around the corner (ish) from Comic Quest, so I figured that if you would like your fearless leader to attend, it wouldn't be too far out of someone's way to pick me up maybe?

Thanks! and does anyone know if Comic Quest has free wireless? I'd love to bring my laptop and look at patterns etc. If not, I'll bring it for pictures and stuff anywho.

P.S.

COSTUMING ANNOUNCEMENT:

Joann's is going to be having MAJOR sales this coming weekend (Oct 6th and 7th). They'll have their 99cents/pattern sale along with booku bucks off of most fabrics. I suggest you hit it if you have any project in mind. Heck, I have NO project in mind and I'll be going :D .

EDIT:
    heh, ummm....yeah...I totally meant Comic Quest. :p

Thanks for that Mike! :)

22. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    While Comic Con is out of the way for me, picking you up for Comic Quest isn't. :p PM for details.

Does Jo-Ann's have a good price on plastic or resin? [face_whistling]

23. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Actually I'm not entirely sure. I mean, I've never seen them carry that, but that could also mean that I just wasn't paying attention. (I've never used the stuff myself)

I'll ask a few friends around campus if they know where to get some at a decent price ^_^

24. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    *this was totally meant as an edit to my last post and not another post. sorry >.<*

25. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Resin and a decent mold putty can be had at both Michael's and Hobby Lobby for about 20 bucks each. For 40 bucks I was able to make two kinds of rebel badge and cast about 25 copies of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.