main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN E'ville Jedi's Star Wars Costuming & Prop Forum

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Comic Quest does not have wi-fi because they are CRAZY :p

Seriously, if there's ONE PLACE that needs it, it's there but noooo :p

/bitter computerphile :p

2. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    This is an idea, usually we go out for dinner after the Cost Club, how does going to the Fall Festival sound? My in-laws live very close to it so parking shouldn't be too difficult. Especially if we carpool from CQ to Franklin.

I am sure I can get Joe to join us after his Turoni's gig.

How does this idea sound?

3. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    alrighty everybody, who is planning on coming? Do we have any sort of headcount maybe?

*guilting*
    I'm missing a play for you guys, you'd better show up!
    */guilting*

:p

4. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    Once again, I have to miss the Costuming Club meeting because it's on a Friday. :( Not that I'm complaining or demanding change or anything...

I may have something going on after Turoni's tonight, so I may not be able to hit the FF with y'all.

5. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Minutes:

In attendance:
    Mike-El
    Jediravenclaw

-Call to Order? What Call to Order?
    -7:02 Jediravenclaw mentally scratches out her very rough agenda for the night
    -7:03 - 8:10 Geek Out. Costumes were mentioned periodically.

So yeah...I don't want to see excuses or anything cause that's silly, but I would just like to know if there is a problem with the meeting time and date? I mean, I've never been to a costuming meeting cause this group was started just after I left for England, but is it normally ok for people? Was tonight a fluke? If so, I'll see you on Nov. 2nd. If not, then by all means, when would be best for everyone?

6. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    I wanted to be there if that counts. I'm usually worn out by the end of the work week. Then if I'm lucky I don't have to work overtime or go to Drill Saturday. Sunday afternoon and evening is about the only free time I have.

7. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    .."but I would just like to know if there is a problem with the meeting time and date?"..

Weelllll.. Since you asked, I have never been to a Costume Club meeting because I am performing every Friday night at Turoni's. This is the SIG I would probably be most active in, since I'm in the 501st Legion and have been casting and making props since 1988.

I am not saying change it just for me, but you asked if there was a problem with the date, and for me, there is. :)

8. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I think Friday's was a date that was kinda thrown out there to see how it would go over. I don't mind Fridays but we already have 2 people that is hindered because of that date.

I am cool with the weekends but I am unsure of how busy Comic Quest is on a Sunday.

However since our costumed members seem to the be the stars of the show each year at Free Comic Day I am sure that we will be eagerly accomodated if we choose to keep the meeting location the same.

9. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    no, no...this is good! I have two "yes"s and nothing else to go on for the moment...so I think that it's worthy enough of a subject to bring up this saturday at the GM...
    (being a college kid, I'm pretty flexible after a certain time of day...and Friday nights are kind of precious anywho ;) ).

I guess we can do this this way: I'll bring it up at the GM and afterwards I'll make a poll in a separate thread with meeting time options (it will include keeping the same time and day that we are already using of course)...is this ok with everyone?

May the will of the majority prevail!

P.S. Nathan - this is the thread to sticky for costuming discussion. I'll start new ones for separate meetings and stuff :)

P.P.S. If the meeting time IS going to change, I'm just gonna veto mondays and wednesdays right now as they are not at all physically possible for me. I can barely fit in dinner some mondays and wednesdays until 10 pm ;)

10. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    I don't come to the CC meetings because I don't costume. You know, all that "Aren't a little fat for a stormtrooper?" stuff.

But if there's a lot of general geeking out, I could put my finger down to help someone to tie a bow or something :D and hang out geeking while doing it.

And, just like the GMs, I could only come to one every 3 months or so because of my work schedule.

11. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    Dito for me as well. I would like to know what works for Chuck and Hoosier Trooper. If anyone can crank out some cool costumes and props it's these guy's. =D=

What do some of our other costumers think?

12. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I unfortunately am in Bloomington almost permanently, and coming home is so hit or miss that I don't think any date or time is better for me than anything else. Sunday nights would be the only exception... I am almost never in Evansville on a Sunday night. Anywho, plan the meetings for times that work for you guys and gals. ;)

13. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Just an FYI for the 501st members out there...

Be sure you are registered on the 501st forums at 501stforums.com. Part of my job as GML is to conduct the yearly census, and this year it will go through a very simple process on the forums. You just have to make sure you know your login over there to log on and be accounted for.

The email with all info will come out shortly, so watch your inboxes over the next few days! :)

14. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    I wore the same tie five days in a row. May I join? :)

Edric

15. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    SQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

ok, now that that's out of my system, GUESS WHAT? I've started a project, and I didn't even realize it!

So...a bunch of our clubs get together to hold a Yule Ball ala Harry Potter: GOF. The past few years, I've had very pretty, but very WARM velvet dresses that I've made and about passed out from overheating. (It's tradition for our sewing club to make out own dresses each year). Being the little blonde girl, I've always also gone as Narcissa, so I needed to be as *classy* as possible. For this year I thought "enough is enough, I'm going to have a nice airy dress with no sleeves...something that I won't DIE in." But it still needed to be classy...

I went to Joann's and found a really beautiful off-white satin(ish) for $2/yard. Bought the whole bolt because it was pretty (5 yards ish) and decided to make a halter dress with a floofy skirt. I'd made a set of sheer black robes with gold trim to go over it, but I didn't start the dress itself until a short while ago.

It isn't exactly a complicated dress or anything - it's a halter neck and razor(ish) back (both attach to a huge ribbon that tie around my neck) and then flares out from the waste. I'm going to wear an obi to the ball out of the same material, but while I was holding it up in the mirror in its almost-done phase, a friend came in and went "OMG! You didn't tell me you were going to Yule Ball as PADME!!"

And then I looked at the dress in this light for the first time and realize that I'd started my dream project - Padme's Lake Gown. The dress I wanted to wear to prom. The dress that I've been so obsessed with since the movie came out. Maybe it was subconscience. Who knows? I don't have pictures at the moment, but I will soon!! All I'll need to do is get a dyeable sheer white fabric for the overdress and attack it with pastel spray bottles! :D

....just wanted to share my story of amazingness with people who'd understand!!!

16. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    PICTURE! XD

I've used a *tad* more fabric than they did for the movie in the skirt, but I felt it was necessary. :D

[image=http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v167/243/34/50403063/n50403063_30878407_2443.jpg] [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/jediravenclaw/dress-2.jpg]

As of right now I'm not too sure as to how I'm going to do the neck piece, so the whole thing ties around my neck with that big ribbon-looking protrusion at the top...and for the purpose of our Ball (for which I was originally making this) I've stitched pale green and clear beads up around the neck/ribbon/thing. :D

...now need to start on the over piece XD

17. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Just a quick heads up before I get back to finals...

The Replica Prop Forum is now open for registration. The registration will close soon, so if you consider yourself a fan of models, props, or costumes you better get over there and register. http://therpf.com/index.php

I warn you all now... they can be kinda intense. The folks who populate the RPF aren't as forgiving as forums like TFN's costuming forum. They like stuff to be pretty uber accurate. I've been a member for a year or so, but really don't post. Its just great to see the cool stuff being done. [face_skull]

18. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Check out this guys Neyo helmet from Spawn.com

Neyo Helmet

19. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Those SGB helmets are top notch. When those four neyo helmets were offered up, they went FAST!

I really like his other helmets too. Everything he makes is really good.

20. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Sweet! Thanks for the heads up :). Those boards are great XD

21. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Its starting to look like an R2 Unit!!!!

[image=http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m164/TK9063/red1.jpg]
    http://iud2.blogspot.com

22. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Damn, that's pretty cool.

23. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    Big Lots on S Green River Road in Evansville has Orange, Blue, and White jumpsuits/coveralls for $8.
    I don't remember exactly, the "white" might have been more "natural" like the color of painters pants (a kind of off-white) - I looked more at the orange.

Don't know how good these would do for costumers, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

24. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Orange? I'll hit that on the way in!!!

25. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Anyone get a chance to check those inexpensive coveralls out? That price can't be beat, even it they take some modification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.