main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN E'ville Jedi's Star Wars Literature Forum

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I plan on being hung over :p

Or even better, can we move the BC to Old Chicago for Mein Birthday AKA The Christmas In November drinks?

2. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    OFFICIAL BOOB CLUB FUHRER STATEMENT-

The next book club shall meet at Borders, but shall migrate to Old Chicago. Got it? Good. That is all

3. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Could we just take it straight to Old Chicago and have the meeting there?

I say on with the festivities and beer drinking, pizza eating good time!

Stacky, do they come in pints?

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, I can THIS PORTION OF THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED UNDER THE "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID" RULE.

5. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    BAD STACKY!!! NO NO NO!!!

Yes, you can get all drinks in pints. And just for Mr. Hobbit's comment, he's getting majorly embarrassed. :p

6. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Let me guess. JediMasterJaina will present herself to her beloved pet (Stacky) by bursting forth from a human concealing cake while at Old Chicago? Do I win what is behind door number one, two, or three?

7. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Star Wars - Vector (cross title comic book epic)

Starting in the KOTOR comic book era and stretching forward into Dark Times, Rebellion, and Legacy is Vector. In the recently released KOTOR handbook two sub-plots were revealed that involve Vector. One involving the Sith relic known as the Muur Amulet. The other being the Raghoul Epidemic. According to the Kotor handbook the Raghoul Epidemic spreads across the galaxy with a George Romero-like zombie twist. However instead of zombies per se the menace involves corrupt Midi-Clorians that infect both Force sensitive people and non-Force sensitive people. So both the Jedi and Sith will face off against this epidemic. When it infects you it turns you into a Raghoul 'operative'. Might the prefix RA suggest a connection to the ancient Rakatan? Also shades of the Nazghuls from LOTR. Vector begins in January.

8. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Something nearly slipped under my radar-

On November 27 the book titled Jedi Vs. Sith-The Essential Guide To The Force is scheduled for release. So that means two new SW titles will be available on that day. I've seen artwork samples from Jvs.S-EGF and it looks very interesting.

Also-

The cover art for the newly revised Starships Of The Galaxy is online. As I've stated in earlier posts I'm very much looking forward to this revised RPG book.

Oh and-

The latest issue of SW-Legacy and the KOTOR comic handbook are available. The latter is much needed by myself and others not yet into the KOTOR era. I noticed the KOTOR comic handbook appeals to my inner starship junkie nicely. Those circular Old Galactic Republic capitol ship's finally have a class name - the Expungable (sic) Class Tactical Cruiser. Also it names the species of that Jedi Master with facial tentacles. He's a Khill. This was of particular importance for one of my RPG characters. I now have an XO for my Endurance Class Fleet Carrier in the NJO/LOTF era adventures I'm co-authoring.

9. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    The Raghouls are from the first KOTOR game. If you get bitten by one, you have a short period before it changes you into one also. There is a serum to cure it, but they may not have it yet in the comics. In the game however, the infestation is only in the areas below the undercity on Taris.

10. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    According to the KOTOR handbook the Raghoul becomes a galaxy-spanning epidemic across the time frames of KOTOR, Dark Times, Rebellion, and Legacy eras. That will be one of the major plots of the new Vector title. Other plots involve the Muur Amulet (or some such). So essentially SW fans are seeing a 'zombie-like disease' SW style.

11. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Well fellow readers I have the new LOTF novel titled Fury. HEH-HEH-HEH.

12. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Looked through the Jedi Vs. Sith - The NEW Essential Guide To The Force today. Nicely done book. Lots of interesting details and some very nice artwork. Some of the images I liked best are - A. Darth Plagueis training a very young Darth Sidious (Plagueis appears to be a Muunilist native as long suspected in fan circles), B. Vergere bowing before some nicely rendered Yuuzhan Vong chaps, C. Anakin Solo becoming a being of Force light upon his death and the shockwave knocking a Vong backwards, D. the image of Mara Jade's funeral is particularly interesting - particularly seeing Darth Caedeus standing close to Grand Master Skywalker. For those interested in the various lightsaber fighting styles this book is a must. I'd say we will at some point review this book at the club.

13. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    Not a Star Wars book. But I stumbled on a series by R. M. Meluch called Wolf Star. It is Military Science-Fiction. I read the first one in two sittings. It was pretty good.

Edric

14. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Reminder-

December - no book club meeting

January - discussion of Republic Commando-True Colors and Legacy Of The Force-Book 7-Fury!

15. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    In case you have not been paying attention-

The cover of LOTF book 9 Invincible is now showing. Jaina Solo and Darth Caedus are on the cover. Jaina has a Windu-esque colored lightsaber blade. Lord Caedus has a bloodshine colored saber. Looks like the Vong prophecy is coming true - twin brother versus twin sister. Bet that fight will send quite a few Vong into multiple geekgasmic squeee fits - eh?

16. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    I got the new Star Wars Pop Up Book. It is really cool. The pictures literally....LITERALLY, Pop out at you.

Edric

17. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    I flipped through this book at B&N today. Very nice. I want.

18. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    [face_worried] Yes I've seen this SW related pop-up book. It disturbs me. Vader's helmet is already phallic-like. Now to see the dark Sithly one pop-up presses my overloaded puritanical button.[face_hypnotized] The SW pop-up book must be censored on the grounds it is too Freudian![face_shame_on_you] Better yet it must be BURNED!

19. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    I have the NEW Starships Of The Galaxy SW-RPG book. This book covers SW spacecraft from the movies, comics, novels, video games. Very well done! Full-color images from the prequel era all the way up to the Legacy comic era (32BBY-137ABY). A very welcome addition to any collection.

20. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Seems that actress/writer Carrie Fisher is to write a Star Wars novel. I bet it is the long delayed story of Luke and Leia's visit to the planet Naboo after the events in the Dark Nest trilogy, but before the galactic civil war featured in the Legacy Of The Force series. If this be the case...COOL.;) The recently published Jedi vs. Sith - Essential Guide To The Force has a journal entry written by Leia about realizing that her longtime friend Senator Ruwee Naberrie was in reality a long-lost cousin. So that may tie into Fisher's SW novel.

21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  22. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Where can I purchase Star Wars audio books at a reasonable price?

23. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    The best on-line prices would be from E-bay (sometimes), then from there Wal-Mart. In case of buying at a store-

1. Wal-Mart (sometimes)
    2. Book-A-Million
    3. Barnes and Noble

Used book stores-

1. Book Broker
    2. stay away from Book And Music Exchange they charge too much - they don't even knock off 5 dollars.

24. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Darth Bane - Rule Of Two is now in stores!

25. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Discussion of LOTF book 7 Fury is to happen on Tuesday (29th) at Borders (7pm).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.