1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Artist Evil's Art Studio - Updated: 28-7-13 (Doctor Horrible - Ps/Ink/Pencils)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Evil_King_Wiggins, Jun 30, 2009.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/WigginsTheBurninator/IMAG0274.jpg]

Vin's first flight from Mistborn: The Final Empire

I decided to try something new, though I am far from finished with it. This is actually the first time I have ever tried to draw someone in mid flight. I've never done a cape that is reacting to the wind, let alone a mist cloak. Any advice on this is more than welcome. :)
  2. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    I decided to go through my scrap pile from this year and try to save as many pieces as possible, or at the very least make them look somewhat presentable. These will most likely never receive a photoshop treatment from me.

[IMG]

2011 marked the first time I've ever played D&D, so I decided to draw my first character. He's a half "snow" orc, half elf berserker. The snow orc thing was because I wanted him to be blue and have glowing red eyes like a Chiss. lol. I never really planned on finishing the sketch, so it kinda just got tossed aside until today.

[IMG]

This was originally going to be for one of the fan art challenges that I never got around to finishing.

[IMG]

I got bored one day and drew these during class.

[IMG]

Haha, Jimmy Stewart. I don't know why I never finished this one, guess I got distracted.

[IMG]

Camilla Belle. My favorite Hollywood crush. It's not a very good likeness, it's probably why I didn't finish it.

[IMG]

This one I actually did finish, but then threw out because I didn't remember where the character was from. Decided to touch it up and give it a place with my other stuff.

[IMG]

This was going to be the most epic picture ever. The raptor was supposed to have a colonial soldier on his back wielding a lightsaber. I'm still a little sad that I forgot about this.

Evil.
    Last edited by Evil_King_Wiggins, Jan 14, 2013
  3. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    I can relate, I have several works that I have been trying to get done throughout the year but they have fallen to the backburner because of other commitments and DRL. It is great that you are showcasing them rather than them fading into obscurity. :)

Regarding Vin's first flight, given the nature of the cloak... it might be best to treat it as a solid shape, faintly drawn in sections that is reacting/flowing with the wind. Looking at what you have done, I can see a "S" curve forming with the bottom edge. Once you have the shape in place, you can go over and draw in the strands that follow the structure. I hope that helps and I'll see if I am able to show you a rough sample.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  5. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    [IMG]

Fan Art Challenge: The Dissolution of the Senate

I didn't get to finish this the way I wanted to, because I'm running out of time on dry land. I relied on photoshop WAY to much for this piece due to time constraints.

Evil.
  6. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Wow, that turned out rather nicely!
  7. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks! :)

[IMG]

This one started as a self portrait aimed at capturing my mustache before I shave it, but I decided to add my best friend since the piece looked really bare. It is now the start of a series of adventure comic based pieces that I plan to do throughout the year.

Evil.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    nice style and interesting background
  9. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Good luck on your project!

[:D]
  10. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That's pretty cool! What medium did you use?
  11. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    I started out with pencils for the basic outline, did the colors with my marker set and color pencils, and then finished off the shading and stuff with a heavy dose of photoshop. :p

For some reason, I suck at shading by hand.

Evil.
  12. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Painted this on a request at church. :)

Evil.
  13. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Wow, that looks great. For some reason, that figure made me think of Thor though Thor has Mjölnir.

How long did that take you to do? Who is that figure suppose to be?
  14. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  15. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    It took me about 12 hours just for the warrior. I had crappy used brushes for the first six, but I went and bought some of my own for the second half. A good set of brushes makes all the difference IMO.

It's not supposed to be anyone in particular, just an old time hero. We will be adding Bible heroes at the end of each month though, so the piece isn't done yet.

Evil.
  16. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    That is beautiful and powerful alike. And on what a big scale you can work! I am amazed!

[face_love]
  17. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    Thank you! It's the first time I've ever painted. Still not sure how I feel about it considering all the time I had to put into it.

Evil.
  18. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    That church is ten times cooler with that on its walls. At least that room is the coolest room in that church. That's really cool and it's generic enough to not convey too much of a religious message, if any at all, so it should appeal to a very wide range of people. Good choice!

As for how you feel about it... Love it now while you can. Trust me, feel good about your stuff while you can, as after a few years, when you start comparing your old stuff to your new stuff, you'll start wanting to either repaint the picture to fix any "mistakes" that only you will notice, or you'll want to just tear down the church. :p

That's how I feel about a painting I donated to a counseling center back in 04. Years ago, I was proud of it and had it in my portfolio. Now, when I compare it to stuff I've done recently, I wanna redo it and hide all evidence of the original painting. Try not to feel that way about your stuff in a few years, it's a frustrating feeling. Love it now while you can.
  19. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Very nice! And how cool to paint on such a large scale :D
  20. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    TrakNar is right about enjoying the moment, see it as a learning experience that furthers the growth of your skills :) I look forward to seeing what you'll be doing next.
  21. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks for the comments, guys. It means a lot. :)

Here's a piece I've been hoping to do for about a month or so now, a battle-mage based on an expression that my friend likes to make. I call it her "war" face. :p I've realized that I like doing faces more than anything at this point, so I've started to focus on them more.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/WigginsTheBurninator/Battlemage.jpg]

Evil.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    a great action scene with vibrant colours.
  23. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    That is a very dynamic pose and a sense of motion. I also love the colours.

I know how you feel about doing faces, it is where the heart and soul of a character is mostly conveyed.
  24. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Your art gets more and more dramatic! Well done! :D
  25. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    [IMG]
    Haven't done anything in awhile, got inspired by the Doctor's upcoming companion. This is just a rough draft, hopefully I can touch up and finish it soon. :)

Evil.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider