main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evolution of a few Star Wars Characters...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Warhammer, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Warhammer

Darth_Warhammer Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2003
    GL stated C3PO and R2D2 are characters adapted from Akira Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress", I beg to differ. C3PO, R2D2 and Darth Vader seem to similiar to characters in a cartoon I used to watch in my youth titled "The Mighty Hercules".

Even though The "Hidden Fortress" was made in 1958, five years earlier than "The Mighty Hercules", C3PO seems to similiar to a centaur in the series named "Newton". Newton has a sidekick named "Toot" who communicated by mean's of a flute too similiar to R2D2 chirps and beeps. Darth Vader you ask? his mannerism and fate seems similiar to a villain named "Mask of Vulcan" who was more powerful than any man until his mask was removed, rendering him powerless.

It could all just be a coincidence, heck even Juggernaut (Xmen Villain) has the same weakness as Vader and The Mask, oh well.

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Never mind

Aunecah

3. FogeyKenobi

FogeyKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2003
    I'm sure each of the characters are composites of others George has observed elswhere.

3PO and R2 have always reminded me of Abbot and Costello

4. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    GL stated C3PO and R2D2 are characters adapted from Akira Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress", I beg to differ.

George Lucas wrote Star Wars.

I think he would know whether or not C-3PO and R2D2 were based on characters from The Hidden Fortress or not. [face_plain]

5. JediLegOBlock

JediLegOBlock Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    I think Laurel and Hardy influenced GL too.

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, it's quite possible that they were based on characters from Mighty Hercules but since GL had no problem saying that his saga was based on Hidden Fortress , I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't give credit where it was due.

:)

Aunecah

7. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.