main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Evolution of the Night (Post DN) L/M H/L J/TK J/J Ben "Splintered" 7/21 ITS FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    oh my stars and garters.....

what a great, evil post Zara!!!

great job, can't see how it turns out...

2. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Oh wow...that was some powerful writing.

I don't think Jason will ever be redeemed to the light side...Luke should have ended it there, but I think he was teetering on the dark edge too.

Awesome chapter=D=

3. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    No problem.

Evil? Was that evil? [face_skull]

Luke's condition will be explained later on. Lets just say he wasn't entirely himself.

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: poor Ben :( Poor Ahna Lee :( Jacen must die :mad:

evil post

more soon

5. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Thanks. More soon. There's probably three more chapters of this story remaining.

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah shoot Anh'ra Lee! Go Jacen! Kill Luke as well and Ben if necessary!

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Okay, Sil, sort of blood thirsty but I guess that's okay. :p

8. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    ohhhhh man! this is too good!

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Thanks. [:D]

10. Jessoass

Jessoass Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    This story is AMAZING!!!!:eek:

Evil post by the way!! :_|

Jess

11. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Wow, thanks, I appreciate it.

12. Jessoass

Jul 14, 2005
    You're welcome!:p

Jess

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Post most likely tonight, if not then definitely tomorrow.

14. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    yay, great postie! poor arielle, though...oh well, ben's young still, he'll move on.

i wonder what was going on with luke?? he's always the epitome of what a jedi should be; something that could shake that is definitely something to be afraid of.

so, was killing arielle meant to turn ben, turn luke and/or mara, or just to be cruel??[face_thinking]

just three more posties?:_|

i was going to say something else, but in the course of my typing i've forgotten what it was...[face_laugh] i may be back with an edit later if i remember.

fantastic work, i can't wait for more!!

15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Thanks. I'm guessing three more posts but I can't say for sure. More soon.

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I was finally able to read this all in one sitting. Sorry for the delay, my friend. :)

Preemptive Discovery

?My father would tell you that old is new,? she said slyly, but was surprised by an intense pain settling in her chest. It took her a while to realize that it wasn?t real, more like the phantom pains that her uncle had explained to her where he sometimes felt the loss of his hand anew. She winced and fought down the urge to cry out.

Uh-oh! [face_worried]

I loved Shawnkyr's POV and her doubts. You write her and all of the characters extremely well.

?Anakin,? Jaina greeted her brother.

The flesh around his ice-chipped eyes tightened, narrowing on Jaina. ?Is that who I am??

?Don?t you remember??

?I am blank,? he answered. ?I am Slate.?

Oh! Wonderful interaction between those two. I hope Anakin awakens and Slate goes away. I love the name 'Slate' even more now with that last part!

The End of the Beginning ---very foreboding title chapter! [face_worried]

What an opener! I love how the Temple is crumbling all around Jacen and Luke. I'm a sucker for symbolism. =D=

Mara?s face was thunderous and Ben nearly took a step back from it. ?We are talking about the lives of thousands, including your father.?

[face_devil] What a face! That's our Mara.

?More importantly, why would he want you dead??

Ah! So it's been Jacen who has been sending those awful nightmares? [face_thinking]

How sad...Anh'ra Lee, Ben! The whole conflict! :( :_|

This has got to have been one of the most emotional, tense, nail-biting chapters I've read in a long time. I can't wait to see how it concludes and what else you have in store the players. Excellent work, Zara. You're gifted! @};- =D=

17. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

[face_blush] My goodness, you always make me blush.

I've never wrote for Shawnkyr, knew very little about the Chiss beyond Thrawn when I started writing, but when I realized that they were going to be a pretty big part of the storyline, especially in the second book, I really got into them and am now a little addicted.

I really liked havingthe vision of the Temple just breaking apart around them and I'm so very happy that you got that

Thanks very much, my friend.

18. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    wow I really need to stop these marathon reads. Im amazed how this fic follows the book. please if you could add me to the pm list if there is one when you update.

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Thank you very much. I haven't read Betrayal yet, I told myself I couldn't until I finished this, but I hear it's very good. I'll definitely put you on the list.

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Intrepid Escape

?I am blank. I am Slate.?

It was the only truth he?d ever truly been able to cling too. Since the moment he?d opened his eyes and awakened from the abyss in which he?d come from, it was the first knowledge. While other people had memories of parents, holos of stumbling steps, he had a life and death struggle as soon as he?d begun the first moments of his life.

He remembered his first kills, both animal and sentient. He could recall the fell of warm blood on his finger sand hands, but he?d always felt detached from it, feeling it from a distance. Sometimes he?d contemplated the possibility that he?d been created from prosthetics, a man of machinery, with only the appearance of humanity.

So many fears had taken a hold of him during the long years since his ?birth?. The woman before him, enemy that she was, held the small hope of allaying those fears. For Slate, it was like being in a dark room, finding a handle and knowing that behind that door could be salvation or an unending pit.

He braved the door.

?Who am I??

?You are Anakin Solo,? she answered quickly, rushing forward to the edge of the ray shield.

?Solo?? he asked surprised.

Her gaze faltered from his as she took a stuttering breath. ?My brother.?

?Your brother?!? he gasped. ?But that would mean..,? he drew off remembering that his affiliation was better left unknown until he was sure of the truth.

?What?? one of the dark haired men, Kyp, if Zesophin were to be trusted, asked.

Slate eyed him. ?I know of Jacen Solo, where he stands with the Jedi. Do you claim that we are brothers??

?We are siblings,? Jaina agreed, nodding emphatically.

A thousand questions arose from that one statement. Everything hinged on the answers. ?I admit that there is some sort of recognition, as though I should know you, but I have no shared experience, nothing to call on.?

?But you feel it. Here,? the word was punctuated by a hand to her heart. ?You can?t understand it but it?s there.?

?How?? he asked, instead of responding to such a frightening notion. ?If you are who you say you are, how did we get separated and why do I have no memories??

He was surprised to see the sudden glitter of tears in her liquid brown eyes. ?You were dead,? she answered. ?I hunted your body like a scavenger, marked the wounds.? Her voice grew distant, her thoughts turned inwards. ?I blamed myself for it. Blamed myself for a lot of things.? She shook her head, clearing dark webs and letting them float away on invisible winds. ?However impossible it is, you are my brother.?

Dead? Clearly, he wasn?t the only one who was suffering from a mental break down.

She speaks the truth, that mental voice, one that was his but originated from a part of his brain he could not access, told him wryly. Stop being so stubborn.

He had told himself that he could no longer speak to the voice, that if he ceased to respond to it, then it no longer existed. Of course, that voice had found his logic entirely amusing and had displayed it with several loud guffaws. Insanity must have become a plague on Csilla.

Except you found me long before that.

Shut up!

?Anakin?? a voice, this one reverberating in his eardrum and with a distinct feminine quality, cut through his mental deliberation.

She?s talking to you, the voice said helpfully.

?I?m fine,? he snapped. He collected his thoughts. ?Why should I trust you? How do I know that this isn?t some convoluted way to get me to release you??

?You don?t. Save for the fact that you aren?t a part of my plan.? She said, she stepped back from the ray shield. ?I love you, Anakin. I always will and I promise you, this time, I?ll be there when you need me the most. Just now isn?t that time.? Just as his mind was processing this last statement, she called out, ?Tesse now!?

Slate was hit by an unseen fist, held up against the joining hall by an invisible hand. Inexplicably, the ray shield o

21. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    steals first post and goes back to read

EditWOW Is Anakin remembering his past...Hmmmm.

Really cant wait for more. All I can say is wow.
    keep em comin

22. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Awesome amounts of action there.... well written, I find action more difficult to write, but you had it down with great pace and detail.

I'm extremely happy Anakin is coming around. I think if he didn't it would hurt Jaina, though she is well beyond it giving her crippling dispair at this point.

I like your Chiss. For some reason I am beginning to like Kyp better as Jaina's "brother" rather than lover. And you know profic could have really gone that direction years ago. Han should have done more to adopt him.

Look forward to seeing what Luke will do!

23. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Wow great post=D=

Thanks for the PM[face_love]

Hope Anakin is real unlike canon[face_batting]

24. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    [face_dancing]Anakin's back!

Great post Zara!! Can't wait for the next one!

25. Jessoass

Jul 14, 2005
    Great Post!!!Can't wait for the next!!

Jess;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.